TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official 2012 Formula 1 season..ched

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jeevdude199
Shifting into 6th

Re: The Official 2012 Formula 1 season..ched

Postby jeevdude199 » November 4th, 2012, 10:52 am

what a raceeeeeeeee

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » November 4th, 2012, 11:16 am

Seriously mclaren again???? Steupse, but really glad Alonso still 2nd in championship..... Goooooo vettellll

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » November 4th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Anyone heard Vettel cuss? LOL, DC had to apologise and stress that English wasn't his first language.

Kimi did well to win, Alonso still in with a chance being only 10pts down with 2 races to go. Vettel and RedBull were outstanding today to move up 21 spots!

I routing for Alonso for the championship but it's Vettel's to lose.

MichaelR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MichaelR » November 4th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Hehe, yea Vettel cuss, also did it behind the podium just before trophy presentations, when the 3 drivers were talking. Kimi was also on the edge of acceptable. Wonder if Vettel will get a fine. Feeling sorry for Alonso, but I fine he is a likeable person in recent years, he was completely positive and had said he was very happy with the day. So refreshing that he is so positive. I never liked Vettel, arrogant, unfair and self-centered. Perez get me vex today too.
Alyuh doh hate me eh, buit I find NASCAR does go real exciting too. I mean the 2 championship leaders beating each others cars and pushing the cars to the limits of grip while fighting for the win, ent thats what racing is all about, and they get this sort of thrilling racing very often.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 5th, 2012, 7:58 am

MichaelR wrote:. . . .Alyuh doh hate me eh, buit I find NASCAR does go real exciting too. I mean the 2 championship leaders beating each others cars and pushing the cars to the limits of grip while fighting for the win, ent thats what racing is all about, and they get this sort of thrilling racing very often.

Only the ignorant think NASCAR is about driving in circles. I actually like to watch NASCAR racing, especially the road course races. The racing is more about the drivers than the car itself. The rules are so tightly written that to circumvent the rules takes more creativity and ingenuity than in Formula 1 (which I like the most), for example, the rear axle installation that that Hendrick cars are running this year.

But back to F1, Kimi real rough up his race engineer over the radio during the closing stages. Man say to leave him alone, just let him drive the car.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » November 5th, 2012, 9:54 am

kimi was'nt letting alonso pass him for anything... he is not called "the kimster" for nothing

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » November 7th, 2012, 8:12 am

MichaelR wrote:Hehe, yea Vettel cuss, also did it behind the podium just before trophy presentations, when the 3 drivers were talking. Kimi was also on the edge of acceptable. Wonder if Vettel will get a fine. Feeling sorry for Alonso, but I fine he is a likeable person in recent years, he was completely positive and had said he was very happy with the day. So refreshing that he is so positive. I never liked Vettel, arrogant, unfair and self-centered. Perez get me vex today too.
Alyuh doh hate me eh, buit I find NASCAR does go real exciting too. I mean the 2 championship leaders beating each others cars and pushing the cars to the limits of grip while fighting for the win, ent thats what racing is all about, and they get this sort of thrilling racing very often.

I never liked Vettel, arrogant, unfair and self-centered.

Vettel is one of the the most Modest drivers that there is, you OBVIOUSLY are describing Lewis Hamilton to a perfect T.
thats an ARROGANT, ignorant self centered idiot.

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » November 7th, 2012, 4:52 pm

I think Hamilton and Alonso have matured quite alot since they came into the sport.
I wouldn't say Vettel is arrogant either, just very confident, and focussed. He proved himself on Sunday, but I wonder what would have happened if there weren't those two safety cars.

you want arrogant? Raikkonen is the most arrogant one on the grid right now. He's a good driver but I wonder what or who he's racing for sometimes.

Pit: "Kimi we need all four tyres warm"
Kimi: "yes yes yes yes yes I am warming the tyres"

Pit: "Kimi the gap is... seconds behind"
Kimi: "Leave me alone, stop bothering me"

He's as rock star as they come, that drunken Fin.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » November 7th, 2012, 5:29 pm

i rell crack up wit that radio transmission from lotus and kimi... i supported vettel from the back of teh pack cuz i no he would hav found a way to move up even wit all the lil obstacles dat was in the early parts of the race. he rose from the back of the pack twice. first time he move up 10 spots to be in 11th an den wit the pit stop and front wng change he dropped back and jus went all out at them...the man is a boss.. haters gona hate

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » November 8th, 2012, 9:45 am

Kimi is my fav personality on the grid. You just never know what to expect and his interviews are always classic.

Interviewee: "So Kimi, you did well today to come through the pack considering your qualifying position to capture a podium spot. How do you feel about your performance today and the remainder of the season?"

Kimi: "Good"

Interviewee: "Does this mean anything to you at all?"

Kimi: "Not much really", "I mean for the team maybe, but not me"

:rofl:

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » November 18th, 2012, 3:55 pm

http://stream.speedtv.com/mercedes

Live above cockpit view of Mercedes powered cars.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 18th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Don't care what anyone says, Circuit of the Americas is one of the best tracks on the current grand prix schedule.

Congratulations to Hamilton, good drive by him. Button also had a very good day to haul himself up the order.

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » November 18th, 2012, 5:20 pm

With one week to go before the season finale in Brazil I think it would take some luck for Alonso to win.

Great race this weekend by all! Alonso's start was fantastic. Hamilton drove a great race to pass Vettel. I honestly think he may be very well making a huge mistake going Mercedes AMG, but, let's give Ross Brawn the benefit of the doubt to develop an Epic car for Lewis and Nico next season.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 18th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Don't care what anyone says, Circuit of the Americas is one of the best tracks on the current grand prix schedule.

Congratulations to Hamilton, good drive by him. Button also had a very good day to haul himself up the order.

him and Massa :!:

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » November 19th, 2012, 8:45 pm

dat pass was to easy imho... damn dat drs. but narain slowed vettel a bit and caused him to drop bac a bit. it was a very spectacular race though. really wanted vettel to get his 4th 1st.. but guess we will hav to settle for a 3 yr championship and constructors. cant wait for brazil. btw the crazy part was hearing that on teh straight 6g's of force was on the racers causing them to use 350 pounds of force to move their foot found to get the throttle down. i was like wtf.

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » November 20th, 2012, 2:38 am

What a good race! I think we'll be seeing even better races in the future from the COTA.

According to Alonso, 'my best race for 2012 is still yet to come'. ANd according to David Croft on SUnday, rain is forecast for Sao Paulo. I'm behind Alonso for this one, because as Brundle points out, almost everything Alonso has predicted has come true, especially when he said that Red Bull are still to have their share of bad luck.

I think Vettel only needs to finish higher than 5th and the title will be his, but the way this season has been, you really can't tell what will happen. Can't wait for this weekend!

2.jpg

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 20th, 2012, 3:28 am

Lewis actually showed some of his true form in Texas...do you all think he can take Sao Paolo?

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » November 21st, 2012, 2:29 am

I think he can, especially if it rains, it's going to have a lot to do with the car though, I'm not sure about where Red Bull will be in Sao Paulo.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 21st, 2012, 7:29 am

As long as RB8's alternator doesn't fail, Vettel will take the title. Red Bull is supposed to use the specification of alternator that the other Renault powered teams are currently using. Honestly, I would like Ferrari to win, but no matter all this positive reinforcement talk from the team, it is not going to happen.

I do hope the KERS less Marussia beats KERS equipped Caterham as I am tired of Mike Gascoyne. I really could not care less about the midfield teams.

jeevdude199
Shifting into 6th

Postby jeevdude199 » November 25th, 2012, 10:48 am

bumpp for last race of season

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 25th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Congratulations to Vettel (no real surprise there).

It is unfortunate that Caterham took 10th place in the constructor's championship over Marussia.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » November 25th, 2012, 2:36 pm

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-series-moves-forward-with-new-media-partner-in-2013/

Formula One will move forward with a different media partner in 2013.

Formula One will move to a new media partner next year. (Photo: LAT Photographic)
"It's disappointing to learn that F1 has elected to move forward with a different media partner. SPEED had been the US voice of F1 since the mid '90s, and it was a passion for many people at the network. FOX Sports Media Group made what we believed to be a fiscally responsible bid based on the sport's current viewership levels, but F1 has elected to go in another direction. We wish them well." FOX Sports Media Group spokesman

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » November 25th, 2012, 2:39 pm

http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Article/Formula-One-Headed-to-NBC-in-2013-021243269669477

FORMULA ONE HEADED TO NBC IN 2013

the series is said to be negotiating with NBC for the United States television rights for 2013.

The Associated Press confirmed Friday that Formula One chose not to renew its contract with SPEED, the channel owned by FOX, after 17 years.

"It's disappointing to learn that F1 has elected to move forward with a different media partner," said a spokesman for FOX Sports Media Group. "SPEED had been the U.S. voice of F1 since the mid '90s, and it was a passion for many people at the network. FOX Sports Media Group made what we believed to be a fiscally responsible bid based on the sport's current viewership levels, but F1 has elected to go in another direction. We wish them well."

According to two sources who spoke with the AP, Formula One is in discussions with NBC, though the details of the talks were unknown. It isn't certain whether future races would be shown on NBC or one of its other channels, like NBC Sports.

Steve Matchett, one of the three Speed commentators, thanked fans on Twitter. "Thank you for all of your kind comments: SPEED have built an incredibly talented F1 team; the remaining races of 2012 will be significant."

jeevdude199
Shifting into 6th

Postby jeevdude199 » November 25th, 2012, 5:49 pm

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 26th, 2012, 11:36 pm

you guys think Bob Varsha still crying?
:(

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » December 19th, 2012, 10:39 am

roadracer7 wrote:http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Article/Formula-One-Headed-to-NBC-in-2013-021243269669477

FORMULA ONE HEADED TO NBC IN 2013

the series is said to be negotiating with NBC for the United States television rights for 2013.

The Associated Press confirmed Friday that Formula One chose not to renew its contract with SPEED, the channel owned by FOX, after 17 years.

"It's disappointing to learn that F1 has elected to move forward with a different media partner," said a spokesman for FOX Sports Media Group. "SPEED had been the U.S. voice of F1 since the mid '90s, and it was a passion for many people at the network. FOX Sports Media Group made what we believed to be a fiscally responsible bid based on the sport's current viewership levels, but F1 has elected to go in another direction. We wish them well."

According to two sources who spoke with the AP, Formula One is in discussions with NBC, though the details of the talks were unknown. It isn't certain whether future races would be shown on NBC or one of its other channels, like NBC Sports.

Steve Matchett, one of the three Speed commentators, thanked fans on Twitter. "Thank you for all of your kind comments: SPEED have built an incredibly talented F1 team; the remaining races of 2012 will be significant."

I prefer SKY TV coverage anyway, much more comprehensive and technical.

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » December 19th, 2012, 10:41 am

FERNANDO ALONSO voted Number 1 driver for 2012 by F1 team bosses.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... r-of-2012/

Still number one.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”