TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Re: TriniGT's Project R34 GT FOUR

Postby TriniGT » April 16th, 2012, 8:09 am

I know I hate the red silicone but the grey they use to sell in there gasket kits non-existent. I have read in some instances that the red is the best as it holds that much better especially for the sump areas, hence the reason I didn't bother to pickup the grey silicone. Remember most of the ngine is not going to be seen anyway, just the top half. Thinking about flipping the engine again and use some cleanoff or purple blaster and give it a quick spray and wash. Only things left to order at this point are the cam cover rubber washers and I need to find a center cover, may opt for a carbon one but need to decide what my colour scheme is going to be as I am going for a simple colour setup, maybe black and chome and carbon.

I am also not satisfied with the way the turbo piping is as it is welded messy, may either cut the pipes and realign and mark and have it all rewelded and professionally polished. I am thinking of painting the engine bay myself and then installing the engine and everything to the front and having it wired up and then once done and working properly I can then look at the cosmetics of the car. For now all I am going to do the car is going to be the rear fender work.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » April 16th, 2012, 10:27 am

TriniGT wrote:I know I hate the red silicone but the grey they use to sell in there gasket kits non-existent. I have read in some instances that the red is the best as it holds that much better especially for the sump areas, hence the reason I didn't bother to pickup the grey silicone. Remember most of the ngine is not going to be seen anyway, just the top half. Thinking about flipping the engine again and use some cleanoff or purple blaster and give it a quick spray and wash. Only things left to order at this point are the cam cover rubber washers and I need to find a center cover, may opt for a carbon one but need to decide what my colour scheme is going to be as I am going for a simple colour setup, maybe black and chome and carbon.

I am also not satisfied with the way the turbo piping is as it is welded messy, may either cut the pipes and realign and mark and have it all rewelded and professionally polished. I am thinking of painting the engine bay myself and then installing the engine and everything to the front and having it wired up and then once done and working properly I can then look at the cosmetics of the car. For now all I am going to do the car is going to be the rear fender work.

Who will be doing the work on your manifold ? Jimmy ?

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 16th, 2012, 11:38 am

What manifold, I have an HKS cast iron manifold, twin scroll as well so no need for that but Jimmy will be doing any sort of welding on my pipework, I stand by his welding, very honest and will work with you to get it done proper. Thinking of getting a Borg Warner Turbo replacement though.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » April 16th, 2012, 11:56 am

T51R :D

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 16th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Price for me at this point is my problem and I don't know that I want that much power. 600HP is ample for me as I am used to maybe 240HP right now. I am sure when I experience a 400HP car I may crap myself, maybe 400HP for the streets and more for the strip, we'll see when that time comes. What is the price on one of those T51R's???

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » April 16th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Being AWD I would say go for 500whp for a street car and call it a day :mrgreen:

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 16th, 2012, 2:43 pm

What is the price on one of those T51R's???
Range about $25,000TT an can well support a 1000whp!

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » April 16th, 2012, 3:02 pm

gtx3582r looks nice

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 16th, 2012, 3:31 pm

That's the thing I don't want 1000HP, the GTX turbos right now are out of my range but definitely capable as can be seen with Dry's setup, maybe a Borg Warner or maybe I just run what I have for now until I can afford something else later on down the road when the car is up and running properly.

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » April 16th, 2012, 4:04 pm

or non ceramic twins! lol but u should really just use what you have atm...might save some $$..
By the way whats the situation on the wiring? that seems like the most troublesome thing at the moment...

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » April 16th, 2012, 6:40 pm

Boy, my skyline was hitting the 405RWHP mark and it was fun and scary at the same time on low boost too LOL!

But the T51's i would recommend only for over 700HP.

A nice turbo is a T04 series turbo, or GT40. Borg Warners are also superior, but cost when it comes in kills. Another turbo, Me, Dry and a few others can guarantee is reliable and powerful for cheaper cost is Master Power. It made 371RWHP on my 25 with 13psi and a quick tune but a good few problems i had to correct, timing was off, plugs bad, etc so im sure more power could have been extracted. I ran one for 3 years and nearly everyday usage.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 8:29 am

I may just stick to the current setup for now. My main concern as I said is the wiring, I am still trying to contact Navin to speak with him on the wiring but others can give some advice on a reasonable and qualified / knowledgable person to do the job with no worries.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 17th, 2012, 8:32 am

TriniGT wrote:That's the thing I don't want 1000HP, the GTX turbos right now are out of my range but definitely capable as can be seen with Dry's setup, maybe a Borg Warner or maybe I just run what I have for now until I can afford something else later on down the road when the car is up and running properly.

Use the same Greddy the engine came with or invest in one of those precision!I have a Precision 6265 on my Rb25 an on 23psi with premiun i does do 450whp easy!

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 8:32 am

As for twins, the response is nice but not fancying the job if one turbo were to go bad. I think a proper single turbo can perform just as well with half the hassle to change out. The ideal plan may be a top mount single with a V-band setup, maybe eventually.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 8:37 am

turbosingh wrote:
TriniGT wrote:That's the thing I don't want 1000HP, the GTX turbos right now are out of my range but definitely capable as can be seen with Dry's setup, maybe a Borg Warner or maybe I just run what I have for now until I can afford something else later on down the road when the car is up and running properly.

Use the same Greddy the engine came with or invest in one of those precision!I have a Precision 6265 on my Rb25 an on 23psi with premiun i does do 450whp easy!

Yeah may just use the Garrett with the HKS exhaust housing for now, wait nah you were the A31 crew doing donuts and burnouts by Tropical Plaza??? Allyuh is some mad men boy :lol:.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 17th, 2012, 8:47 am

My eye was on PBN 10 the r33 GTR :oops:

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 17th, 2012, 8:51 am

TriniGT wrote:
turbosingh wrote:

Yeah may just use the Garrett with the HKS exhaust housing for now, wait nah you were the A31 crew doing donuts and burnouts by Tropical Plaza??? Allyuh is some mad men boy :lol:.

Well i left the A31 home i came down with the dark blue ClubS 35,i dont know if u noticed it?

smell
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smell » April 17th, 2012, 10:03 am

I say use the turbo u have now until you get everything up and running and then save and buy a proper turbo suited for your intentions. Remember the turbo is "D" determining factor in how the car drives so its the last place to skimp.

Gtx35r does look nice for the 2.6, the advantage being forged internals so you can cram some boost into it to make power while enjoying the response the smaller frame will give....

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » April 17th, 2012, 10:06 am

But he will have to re-tune. I say do it right now.

Zac

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » April 17th, 2012, 10:26 am

Well seeing that you still have to get harness/brain, might as well go with an AEM and done. Have to retune anyhow.

So use the current turbo now, and you never know, may work good, and when all done, get something good.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 10:32 am

The retune is not a problem as meh boy Dry can do it whenever we desire. The plan is to get the car up and running and operate from there. Yeah smell the GTX35 looks nice, may be what I am looking for but the price is a killer though at this point at least.

Turbosingh, a darkish colour one with normal grey faced wheels with a full plastic trim, sounded boosted once you all came out from the carpark. Yuh could come over and say hi, was by Rossi and Brian with the R33 GTR.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 10:35 am

Oh BTW just came back from TTpost, picked up two packages, one from the supplier in the US, got my injectors seals and pintle caps already. Getting the injectors cleaned this weekend and then will finish the seal kit install. The other package is from Japan, I am stoked for it, didn't know it would have come so quick, pics to follow as I cannot explain until I get home.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 17th, 2012, 11:01 am

TriniGT wrote:The retune is not a problem as meh boy Dry can do it whenever we desire. The plan is to get the car up and running and operate from there. Yeah smell the GTX35 looks nice, may be what I am looking for but the price is a killer though at this point at least.

Turbosingh, a darkish colour one with normal grey faced wheels with a full plastic trim, sounded boosted once you all came out from the carpark. Yuh could come over and say hi, was by Rossi and Brian with the R33 GTR.

I just pass an gave Rossi a bounce,were u the one in the 3/4 pants or the one with the CSI jersey lol?

Yea that same darkish colour c35...

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Neither, was in a Black sweater and grey cord long pants. Came with the black forester with the pink STi emblem to the front :lol:.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » April 17th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Ahhhhhh yes....nothing better than a dry tuned rb26 heavily modified :D

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 10:32 pm

:D, got home and opened my packages, nothing much really but enough for me to keep chugging and smiling :D.
Injector Seal Kit $70US delivered in my hand,
And my favourite an ARC Cooling Panel I won in auction, it has a minor bend that will be sorted, already wrapped and put away when the car is completed,

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 17th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Won another auction tonight for some R34 adjustable iKeya Traction and RUCAS. Will be shipping that over maybe this weekend.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » April 18th, 2012, 12:14 am

Damn! All the right stuff.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 18th, 2012, 7:58 am

nice jason, real nice....

maybe it's time to go with an up to date car so i can get nice parts readily available too

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 18th, 2012, 8:14 am

Man once it comes out of Japan and was at some point some sort of performance there may still be a market for them. I research all avenues when looking for parts and try and test until I find something that works for me. I don't mind spending extra cash on quality stuff.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”