TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

moti
punchin NOS

Re: TriniGT's Project R34 GT FOUR

Postby moti » April 18th, 2012, 8:17 am

understood, cant get quality for cheap.

for instance, i spent 500us for takata belts recently (driver side only) lol.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 18th, 2012, 8:29 am

Yeah the Takata are pricey for new unexpired stuff. I was looking at the Nismo Willans 4 point harness belts and they are upwards of $1000US :(.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 19th, 2012, 11:17 am

Came back from TTPost a while back, I finally have some stuff from RHDJapan,
Nissan OEM Tensioner Spring
Nissan OEM Stud Tensioner Skyline GT-R
Nissan OEM Oil level gauge RB26
Nissan OEM Oil level gauge Guide
Nissan OEM Water Hose Connector
Nissan OEM Water Hose Connector BNR32

Let the work commence this evening. Just need the silicone heater and radiator hoses (they haven't been shipped out as yet :evil:) and everything should be able to be installed and then I can wrap the engine and put it away and begin the work on the car.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 19th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Just opened the package and everything is what it's suppose to be so this weekend I will be busy buttoning up some stuff. Just need those darn silicone heater hoses and some replacement exhaust and intake studs and I should be good along with some fresh nuts and star type lock washers.
Package,
Package and R32 Dipstick,
Package Opened,
Tensioner Stud,
Water Connector for block,
Thermostat Water Neck,
Tensioner Spring,
There is also an OEM R32 GTR Dipstick Stem as well to replace the original that was twisted over and over.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » April 20th, 2012, 10:47 pm

well done...

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 23rd, 2012, 7:58 am

Well wanna do it right the first time so trying to get the proper replacement parts wherever possible. I am still waiting on the damn heater hoses, they are taking forever. I did some work on the fuel rail and the entire throttle adapter side, cleaned it all and took a shot at polishing the beat-up old rail. Came out okay actually, after doing that I got the injectors serviced, good thing I did as the first one that was cleaning was stuck, had to tap it a couple times to get it operating again, man they were dripping at first and now they are spraying proper, I am totally satisfied. When I got home I cleaned them up and fitted new seals, spacers and pintle caps. The pintle caps are not the right ones but I had no choice as mine were no good really, I am hoping the new pintle caps does not change the spray pattern as the opening by the tip is much wider than the OEM ones. May check Massy and see if they carry them.

Also the lower fuel rail rubber seal does not fit as it should so I soaked the original ones in oil and clean them up and refitted them as well. Lastly I removed the fuel baskets from inside the injectors but again was not satisfied with the new baskets as they look like they would hinder the fuel flow as there are more plastic to the sides unlike the OEM ones. Back in the originals went, they were in great condition anyway though. After all that I fitted the rail to the throttle setup and it wa good to go. Only issue I have now is that one of the spacers for the fuel rail is missing, never came with the setup so I have to take it to be copied so that I can mount the rail for the last time. Trying to upload pics but getting some problems currently, will in time.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » April 23rd, 2012, 1:58 pm

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 23rd, 2012, 2:27 pm

Yep have them saved already. Found the owner ;).

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » April 23rd, 2012, 2:32 pm

*suddenly feels inadequate*

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 23rd, 2012, 2:49 pm

Got some pictures sorted of some work done over the weekend,
Fuel Rail Polishing, not professional but mango tree style lol but worked alright for me and my DIY build, some simple 2500 grit sandpaper wet sanded and some polish and lots of elbow grease and here's what I was left with, AND NO THE POOL TABLE NOT FOR SALE, will be another DIY project :D,
Before,
After,
All Injectors seals and pintle caps removed,
Service Kit,
Pintle cap comparison, cannot work :(,
Fuel Basket removed,
New Fitted,
You can see the new fuel baskets, they cannot flow as much so out with the new and in with the old,
Seals fitted with some oil,
Trimmed Pintle caps fitted but they are not as original, hope it doesn't mess with the spray pattern,
Injectors fitted to fuel rail and bolted down,
Need to get one fuel rail riser collar made it was non-existent,
Something's missing
Started a mini-project, polishing the conch shell :lol:, currently cleaning and wetsanding, will continue tonight for round two,

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 23rd, 2012, 3:17 pm

Conrad wrote:*suddenly feels inadequate*

Yep same carview site, they are all members there but the language barrier is my killer. I can translate and I am trying to get help with the wiring but they are not responding. I have joined the site a while back.

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » April 26th, 2012, 12:42 pm

keep it coming...excellent work...

jmccomie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby jmccomie » April 26th, 2012, 3:18 pm

nice project

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 26th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Thanks a couple more updates, I picked up my intercooler from Jimmy, it needed some repairs, the two end tanks had broken tabs and I still need to pressure test it as there is some front damage, hopefully some of it will be hidden behind the bumper, but nevertheless it will give a lot of drop in temp as it is huge, the price Rashid gave me it for I could not complain :D,
The frontal damaged,
Yes it FATTTTT,
Cleanup to follow.

Removed these,
Fitted These,
May cut the neck shorter and get them tigged into place permanently.

Next project is to strip the intake mani, I have another but this one is match ported so will need to strip and decide on a colour, with wrinkle black or maybe Duplicolor Silver Base with a Clear Coat,

Took my time and removed the ported gaskets as I may reuse them. More to follow but the silicone heater hoses have not been shipped yet :(.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 28th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Jimmy donated a piece of Aluminum to be machined for my second collar for the fuel rail, took it by Roofy in Arouca and he churned out this this morning,
Now Fitted,
Then it was time for the intake manifold, picked up some paint and Varnish Stripper made by Trinity paints, note to self next time wear gloves and boots, any sprinkles burn like hell. I basted it on with a brush and left for ten moinutes and then worked it with the brush and it wrinkled off. Washed off and then applied more again and again until there was nothing, just took a little time but not too bad, your thoughts?
Now taped up and ready for primer and paint but may hold on for some wrinkle paint instead in a two to three weeks,

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 29th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Tried my hand at a little more polishing, used the dremel to tackle the turbo compressor housing, cleaned it decent enough but i think I will need to get some 2500 wetsand action as the 400 and 1500 were not enough but here is a quick polish,
After the Dremel,
A quick polish, only the compressor not the Trust pipe,
Tried some wetsanding on the intercooler end tanks and polishing,

Now getting the hang of it and what fabric to use to get a proper shine so next time will have more bling. Will try to wetsand evenly as well and then tackle the polish as well.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 2nd, 2012, 10:20 am

Okay ordered the Fuel Setup last week, plan is to use the stock intank pump as a fuel pickup and have it delivered to a Swirl Tank and from there feed to two external Bosch pumps and then through filters and then to both sides of the Tomei Fuel Rail. The lines to supply both sides of the rail with be -6AN braided lines from front to back and the return will be a -8AN return coming back to the swirl tank. The fuel setup is rated at up to 1200HP so should be more than enough for me. Finally the silicone heater hoses have been shipped from Hong Kong, don't have a clue when it will reach.

I have been trying some more wetsanding on the compressor housing of the turbo and it is getting a bit better, thinking of having it chromed but not sure with the heat how long it will last. I am also looking at the regulator I am using as it needs to be able to handle the -8AN line from the fuel rail. I will be pulling a feed from the regulator as well to feed the Greddy Fuel Pressure Gauge that will be in-cabin. The plan is to put most of the gauges besides the Boost and maybe one other in the glovebox, JDM style with some carbon trim. The R34 GTR MFD is going to be wired in as well so will have that for some monitoring as well on the dash.

Once the engine has been completed it will be wrapped and put away until the car's bodywork is completed and then I can begin the installation and wiring process. Suspension work will be done first, might have to drop the rear subframe and fuel tank to run the braided lines, same time I will inspect the undercarraige and may give it a thorough cleaning and underseal and then begin fitting the GTR items and suspension. Will be some time before I can see this car on the road though. Ikeya Rear RUCAS and Traction Arms are also on their way :D.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » May 2nd, 2012, 11:31 am

TriniGT wrote:Ikeya Rear RUCAS and Traction Arms are also on their way.

:shock:

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 2nd, 2012, 1:33 pm

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 14th, 2012, 8:27 am

Project not on hold just waiting on some parts but may be looking at changing the application, currently looking for a legit R32 GTR for this engine, strange eh, have the engine before the car :lol:. Hopefully I can find one which will make the project a full DIY as everything will be a bolt-on and clip-in affair. Peeps maybe you all can help me in my hunt. I know the going price of these are somewhere around $110-130,000 complete.

Bacon
Riding on 17's

Postby Bacon » May 14th, 2012, 9:50 am

Your car, your engine, your money, your time......But b4 you decide 100% just scroll up to your second to last post and look at dem pics one last time ;)

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 14th, 2012, 10:21 am

Yeah I know it can come up a treat but just the wiring and getting someone to do it right is worrying me and then the down time with bodywork and the cost too. We'll see as getting an R32 GTR and legit is a real problem, hopefully someone has one covered down that may be willing to help an enthusiast's cause :D.

Bacon
Riding on 17's

Postby Bacon » May 14th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Well I know any direction you take it would be deadly....GL with the hunt...

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 16th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Well for now I am carrying on with the build on the engine and have just received from TTPost my Ikeya adjustable rear arms from Japan :D. If I do get an R32 the RUCAS will have to be sold :(. Pics to follow.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » May 16th, 2012, 10:45 pm

i have a b13 to donate and jus want the first spin..lol gl wit the project though bro

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 17th, 2012, 11:18 am

Silicone Heater hoses and my Fuel Setup are in the country :D. Hopefully will have them in my possession by tomorrow or early next week.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 17th, 2012, 11:20 am

Just waiting on my HKS Cam Gears now, once I have all that I can finish the engine refurbish and wrap it up and have it waiting for the candidate. I will have to save some cash for the R34 if I am going that route or for the R32 refurb project if I get a legit one. We'll see how things unfold but for now updates will be minimal for the next one or two months.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 23rd, 2012, 5:43 pm

i hate you so much

Grrr

you have such awesome cars lol

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 23rd, 2012, 10:02 pm

Haha I need some sold actually. Anyway, went to TTPost today to finally collect my Heater hoses and my Fuel Setup :D. Some pics,

Fuel Setup,
Filters, I am replacing the rubber hoses with braided ones
Pumps,
Pump Clamps,
Swirl Pot, gonna have some of the inlets and outlets done over with with AN fittings mainly the fuel return to the top,

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » May 23rd, 2012, 11:53 pm

Where do you get fuel setups like that to buy? I don't mind getting one for my 26

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”