TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Re: TriniGT's Project R34 GT FOUR

Postby Aaron 2NR » March 25th, 2012, 9:10 am

nice!!! you really got a love for this boy

Specracing
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Specracing » March 25th, 2012, 10:05 am

Best thread on tuner right now!! :D

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » March 25th, 2012, 10:39 am

dat oil pump is huge compared to that oem 1. prolly they did some shimmin on the pump and etched the work they did on it... but you should check the oil holes on the crank to that of an oem to see if it is upgraded, trinigt i gotta say you are one lucky son of a gun.lol

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » March 25th, 2012, 10:41 am

and daiz why sometimes two engine looks the same in the bamboo but u have no idea what u got

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 25th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Haha Aaron 2NR I knew the engine had parts, and needed work but it is coming together nicely, first problem today, dropped the last bolt from the oil pickup into the engine, borrowed a trusty wire and magnet, cleaned it thoroughly first and then went in and removed the bolt. The condition of the block is good, crank is stock, piston are forged or at least N1 forged pistons, but thinking if they used carillos then it had to be uprated, checked the oil pump and definitely an HKS as confirmed from RHDjapan at a price tag of $1300USD, the carillos are set at a whopping $2000USD. As for the intake throttle plate I may take a chance and try to match port the other I have off the engine and see if I can do a better job at matching them as said before they may hinder flow a little.

I removed the rear seal and have it soaking right now and need to get an OEM replacement ASAP along with an OEM Oil Pump gasket replacement, hoping Massy has these that I can pickup individually or maybe I am lucky and they have a complete gasket kit for the RB26. Will find out tomorrow. I need the oil pump gasket, rear seal and oil pickup seal to be able to reseal the sump and call it a day for the bottom engine refresh. I have covered the bottom end with clean t-shirts that are lint free for now until I get the seals. Gonna tackle the oil pump in a bit and clean that up and have it waiting and then scrape adn clean the front and rear areas and prep them for when I get the seals and gaskets.

Oil pickup and baffle plates and windage trays have been cleaned and already bolted on the windage trays. Left all the bolts soaking in kerosene and picked up some thinners to clean things before I re-install them. Right now looking for some grey silicone gasket as I don't like the new red one that they sell with gasket kits, the colour looks horrid on a clean engine.

Turbohead, yeah the oil pump is confirmed an HKS unit and I checked the wear on the inner gear already and it is very slight, no cracks either, I am gonna open it up nevertheless and clean it and loctite the screws for the backing plate up nice so they don't come out as they notoriously do. I am also gonna check the diameter on the oit return holes to the rear on the head to see if they were widened from the standard 10mm, they usually widen them to 11mm to aid quicker oil return, I am gonna get the sump tapped for this very reason to allow the crankcase to breathe better and not keep a pressure building on the rear oil return galleries and keeping the oil in the head and starving the crank. We'll see how that goes. Some pics,
Cleaned Extended Sump Baffling,
Windage Trays Cleaned and Refitted,
Forged Goodness,
Rear Crankshaft Seal, will be replaced,
Rear Crankshaft looking proper,
The Suspect, last bolt to be scrapped and he takes a dive,
Before Windage Trays go in,
OEM N1 Crankshaft,
Cleaned and Modded Oil Pickup / Strainer,
Cleaned and Modded Windage Trays,

Brent
Riding on 13's

Postby Brent » March 25th, 2012, 7:18 pm

Last edited by Brent on March 24th, 2013, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 25th, 2012, 7:54 pm

I gotta get on board this build too.

Expecting awesomeness as usual.

All the best man

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 25th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Brent wrote:woowwww............relllllll nice!!!!
but wen ur finished,r u sellin dis project?
wud be interested in purchasing weneva ur ready bro B-)

This one's a keeper ;).

legoRB
Riding on 16's

Postby legoRB » March 25th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Another one??? :faint:

:shock:
This is gonna be interesting....and IMHO a much better (unique) build compared to the GTT....Good luck and keep the updates coming boss. :mrgreen:

smell
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smell » March 26th, 2012, 10:06 am

U orn there with that crank and oil pump and with the sump work done you will be able to pull some serious Gs and not worry. Would be interesting to see if they fitted a restrictor in the feed tho with that high volume pump, and definitely drill out those returns in the sump.
As for the pistons...If there isnt too much carbon build up on top, you could look through the plug hole to see if there are any markings. N1s will have 24U on them, but I really dont think the Japs would put carillos in there and not used some high end slugs because afaik N1 pistons are cast.
Something I checked out also is there is nothing really as a "N1" crankshaft, as the only difference in part numbers between r33/r34 is due to the change in design of the snout, hence it carries the same 05U as any other 26 crank, the only difference I think is that it is better balanced to be used in the N1 block
Keep it comin... :)

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 26th, 2012, 10:23 am

Trying to source a Full gasket Kit currently and also some other seals for injectors and covers. So for now I have to wait unless I can get the front and rear seals, oil pump gasket and oil pickup o-ring, that will help me close the bottom end at least so while things are being shipped I can clean the exterior and prep and paint and begin prettying up the engine :lol:.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » March 26th, 2012, 12:36 pm

legoRB
Riding on 16's

Postby legoRB » March 26th, 2012, 12:56 pm

^^^ STOP EEEET!

:bad-words: :crazyeyes: :hitit: :yankit: :faint:

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 26th, 2012, 12:56 pm

WTF, I have the wheels already :D. Some specs please on everything above.

NXTREME
Riding on 17's

Postby NXTREME » March 26th, 2012, 1:20 pm

conrad yuh is ah dutty whore.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 26th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Different from the one I posted but very nice nevertheless. Fender work is different , looks like URAS overfenders, but the stance I dig a lot. I need a build page and specs to see if I am on the right track.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » March 26th, 2012, 10:10 pm

if you get the part number on the kit then it shouldnt be hard to get, btw it have the new japan guy on the forums who works at nissan dealership you could also laze wit him on getting your oem and have it forwarded to you....

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 26th, 2012, 10:12 pm

turbohead wrote:if you get the part number on the kit then it shouldnt be hard to get, btw it have the new japan guy on the forums who works at nissan dealership you could also laze wit him on getting your oem and have it forwarded to you....

:|

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 27th, 2012, 7:37 am

turbohead wrote:if you get the part number on the kit then it shouldnt be hard to get, btw it have the new japan guy on the forums who works at nissan dealership you could also laze wit him on getting your oem and have it forwarded to you....

Can you let me know who the new nissan japan guy is.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » March 27th, 2012, 8:27 am

^^Check the Nissan Forum Jason!

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » March 27th, 2012, 10:13 pm

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » March 27th, 2012, 10:40 pm

mods need to sticky this thread

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 28th, 2012, 8:04 am

I am in the process of ordering a full gasket kit, coolant hard pipes for the block, replacement tensioner stud and nut, idler and tensioner pullies, injectors seals (wow they are expensive), rubber spacer washers for the cam covers, and silicone replacement heater and coolant hoses. Things may start to filter in a week or two hopefully. Gonna pickup some welsch plugs aka oil and coolant jackets and replace them same time as the engine is out. Next move will be to send the car to have the rear fenders worked on and I still need to get front GTR fenders and a GTR bonnet. Any help is appreciated.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 28th, 2012, 10:39 am

Right Full Gasket kit being shipped and ordered some replacement OEM fittings for the block, have a bunch of extra pipes so the pipework for coolant lines and oil should be good to go. Hopefully the gasket kit should be in by next week so I can begin refitting stuff and have the engine basically done and waiting for the bodywork to be completed. Once the bodywork is completed I will then have to put aside some cash to send the car to be painted and then I can finally begin the engine install. Still deciding where to go for the full rewire of the engine, have one or two good people to check so will begin those discussions as well. Looking for an R34 GTR instrument panel currently if anyone has one laying around.

smell
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smell » March 28th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Have you done any research with respect to the engine conversion? How do you plan to get the ATTESA to work?

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 28th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Yeah did some research and once I leave the Attessa wiring then I don't have to worry. Speaking with some fellas in Aussie and New Zealand as well to see who has done what and there is also one guy in Japan that did it on a GT4 with an AWD RB25 from a Stagea.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » March 29th, 2012, 8:38 am

jason,

dude you are borse.
good luck with the project and hope to see her soon

smell
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smell » March 29th, 2012, 10:25 am

I really hope that it would be as easy as....
Thing is as this car is an auto, and the existing engine and auto tranny ecu is one unit, and then it is linked to the abs and attesa ecus there might be some confusion when you replace it with a engine only ecu. If it was originally a manual it might have been more straight forward.....R34 wiring is a beyotch!
What kind of diff the car has? Hopefully not active lsd.....
Will let you know if i find anything.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 29th, 2012, 10:28 am

Well it will take some time as funds are trickling in unless the Silvia or the Legacy gets sold.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 29th, 2012, 10:35 am

Not sure on the diff but I am going to try and swap in the diff from the R32 rear end as it is suppose to be upgraded. Will check on the wiring at the appropriate time, but definitely sooner than later. Yeah smell, let me know if you find anything.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”