Okay not much done today, only began the cleanup process on the block, cleaned the intake side and painted it and then removed the welsch / core plugs and replaced, came out alright. Note to anyone trying this, tap to the left or right of the plug with a hammer and screwdriver, when it starts tilting tap gently, almost lost a plug in the block today, had to take a hardwire and bend it and fiddle to get it up and then a pliers to pull it out, was a little scary.
Hopefully the exhaust side to follow soon. My mini project today was the fuel injectors, they were not the cleanest and a bit rusted so decided to try and refurbish then a little. This is what they looked like when I removed them from the rail,
This is what I am using to get the job done, trusty ole Dremel that has won many a battle with all sorts of tips,
First off, all seals were removed, they will all be replaced in any event, they are quite pricey and will run a bill of a couple hundred, seriously,
First pass with the Dremel on the first injector,
Now five more times
All prepped to paint,
Luckily had these already for the job, from right to left, primer, engine enamel black and clearcoat,
All I could find at the time to hold them in place,
Drying for the night,
That's all for now. Please note that is not overspray from me, from factory all these damn RB injectors have overspray, i tried cleaning them up a little. Hopefully i can get new pintle caps as well as one has a crack and they are not in the best condition.