TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Worlds Fastest Street Car: Guinness World Record

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Worlds Fastest Street Car: Guinness World Record

Postby roadracer7 » November 27th, 2013, 5:18 pm

and it's yesterday stuff

imagine today

ruff neck chicken
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Worlds Fastest Street Car: Guinness World Record

Postby ruff neck chicken » November 28th, 2013, 12:25 pm

and i still seeing subwoofer and ting in dey :shock:

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » November 28th, 2013, 10:15 pm

that gt!

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » November 29th, 2013, 8:56 am

Funny thing is...its got tiny turbos, plain ol fashioned V8 horsepower, hand-made and wrapped exhaust, manual shifting, no traction control, no fancy touch screens, paddles, a bunch of toggle switches and made in Murica.

And what's even more ironic is that had this been a post about a GTR or some other fancy gizmo Japanese Tuner car.....this post would get over a 1000 views with all the USUAL tuner fans contributing to keep the story at the top of the car park list for weeks to come.

And finally, Tuner kids these days just don't seem to realise that "tuning a car with a pc"...hence the Trini concept of the term "Tuners" didn't originate with Japanese cars.....nor is it synonymous with 4 and 6 cylinder cars...V8s have been using programs pushed by Laptops for years...and are also called TUNERS. I cant wait for the Japs to start production of their new generation V8 all alluminum motors and go strappin them inside of their production cars. I wonder what the die-hard Japanese faithful will say then?

and just in case allyuh young boys doh read:

The term Tuner: Origin[edit]

Cars have always been subject to after-market modification. The golden age of car tuning was the decades between World War II and the beginning of air pollution restrictions. Both moderate and radical modification have been commemorated in the popular songs Hot Rod Race and Hot Rod Lincoln. The names of Abarth and Cooper appear on models styled after the cars they modified. Cosworth went, with support from Ford, from modifying English Ford Flathead engines for Lotus Sevens to dominating Formula One.

The essence of modification of a tuner car is an attempt to extract the greatest possible performance—or the appearance of high performance—from the base motor vehicle through the addition, alteration or outright replacement of parts. Although this largely involves modifying the engine and management systems of the vehicle to increase the power output, additional changes are often required to allow the vehicle to handle this power, including stiffened suspension, widened tires, better brakes, improved steering and transmission modifications such as the installation of a short shifter. Although largely invisible from outside the vehicle, certain modifications such as low profile tires, altered suspension, and the addition of spoilers can change the overall appearance of the car, As well as adding downforce to increase traction.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » December 4th, 2013, 7:36 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... 0-mph.html

Keating Bolt

hmmm interesting ....

wait and see

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 6th, 2013, 11:01 am

I <3 a ford GT.

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » December 7th, 2013, 11:05 pm

V8 Boys wrote:Funny thing is...its got tiny turbos, plain ol fashioned V8 horsepower, hand-made and wrapped exhaust, manual shifting, no traction control, no fancy touch screens, paddles, a bunch of toggle switches and made in Murica.

And what's even more ironic is that had this been a post about a GTR or some other fancy gizmo Japanese Tuner car.....this post would get over a 1000 views with all the USUAL tuner fans contributing to keep the story at the top of the car park list for weeks to come.

And finally, Tuner kids these days just don't seem to realise that "tuning a car with a pc"...hence the Trini concept of the term "Tuners" didn't originate with Japanese cars.....nor is it synonymous with 4 and 6 cylinder cars...V8s have been using programs pushed by Laptops for years...and are also called TUNERS. I cant wait for the Japs to start production of their new generation V8 all alluminum motors and go strappin them inside of their production cars. I wonder what the die-hard Japanese faithful will say then?

and just in case allyuh young boys doh read:

The term Tuner: Origin[edit]

Cars have always been subject to after-market modification. The golden age of car tuning was the decades between World War II and the beginning of air pollution restrictions. Both moderate and radical modification have been commemorated in the popular songs Hot Rod Race and Hot Rod Lincoln. The names of Abarth and Cooper appear on models styled after the cars they modified. Cosworth went, with support from Ford, from modifying English Ford Flathead engines for Lotus Sevens to dominating Formula One.

The essence of modification of a tuner car is an attempt to extract the greatest possible performance—or the appearance of high performance—from the base motor vehicle through the addition, alteration or outright replacement of parts. Although this largely involves modifying the engine and management systems of the vehicle to increase the power output, additional changes are often required to allow the vehicle to handle this power, including stiffened suspension, widened tires, better brakes, improved steering and transmission modifications such as the installation of a short shifter. Although largely invisible from outside the vehicle, certain modifications such as low profile tires, altered suspension, and the addition of spoilers can change the overall appearance of the car, As well as adding downforce to increase traction.

I didnt read the whole thing, it only took the first 3 paragraphs to realize you're sour about something :lol:
Around here good "ole fashioned" V8 power has no fancy electronics just carbs and displacement.
Try going to an old school swap meet and talk EFI to those old farts. Let me know how long you last :lol:

I'm not trying to take anything away from that GT though, its badass.

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » December 8th, 2013, 1:52 am

Since when V8's became Tuners? As far as I know, American Muscle was pure carbs on the block. Hot Rods. Later on, supercharged. This, I honestly don't believe.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » December 8th, 2013, 10:50 am

belalegosi [/quote]
I didnt read the whole thing, [/quote]

Maybe you should...reading is good, helps with comprehension.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » December 8th, 2013, 10:56 am

Kal-El Ward wrote:Since when V8's became Tuners? As far as I know, American Muscle was pure carbs on the block. Hot Rods. Later on, supercharged. This, I honestly don't believe.

doesn't matter what you believe...this isn't a cooking technique.

That quoted segment in my post above isn't my opinion...it's history.

The term "Tuning" whether you were born 100yrs ago or 18yrs ago...means the same thing. Re-read it again. And remove your "feelings" from your analysis and comprehend what is written. If you're still peeved after reading this, then you're simply not thinking analytically.

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » December 8th, 2013, 11:46 am

Great car... Great result!... Kudos to the Team!

IHMO this effort is just as good though... if not even better.
Red Victor #1... 0-60 mph = 1 second
.................. 1/4-mile .. = 7.8 seconds @ 183.07 mph.

Link--> 2200 hp worlds quickest street legal car.

Not too shabby for a completely DIY 'home brewed' 2nr effort... with NO sponsorship!

My $0.02¢

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » December 8th, 2013, 11:55 am

V8 Boys wrote:

I'll have to disagree with you here. Most of the really popular threads tend to have some sort of bacchanal around them. eg. there's a thread about a local GTR doing 9s and that has about 3 replies. I bet you if he had launched into the christmas tree, it would have been about 10 pages long by now :lol:
hell, look at this thread, most of the replies are based on your original post :lol:

Anyway, back to the original thread. I always had a thing for the new GT. I remember seeing a Ford GT TT a few years ago in Florida and was like: :shock:

Since then there have been several TT kits for the GT, I'm sure you all remember this one:

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » December 8th, 2013, 12:43 pm

V8 Boys wrote:belalegosi

I didnt read the whole thing, [/quote]

Maybe you should...reading is good, helps with comprehension.[/quote]

I just did. You're definitely totting.
Odd though, its usually the 4cylinder boys who have something to prove lol

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » December 8th, 2013, 4:25 pm

belalegosi wrote:
V8 Boys wrote:belalegosi

I didnt read the whole thing,

Maybe you should...reading is good, helps with comprehension.[/quote]

I just did. You're definitely totting.
Odd though, its usually the 4cylinder boys who have something to prove lol[/quote]

I just love it when ppl who by all apparent indications, are educated and mature...lose focus and start to reciprocate dotishness for dotishness.

Aside from the "baited" cynicisms, I've successfully used to garner more input on this thread.....the crux of the matter is that what I've written is factual.....namely: That Tuners have been around since WW2.

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » December 8th, 2013, 4:26 pm

^^^
V8 people tend to be all absorbed in their own world, like if it's number one. Invincible. But we all know it added and still adds to the carbon footprint more than 4cyl engines.

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » December 8th, 2013, 4:27 pm

And any other engine can outperform it once tuned right, with a good driver.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » December 8th, 2013, 6:04 pm

Kal-El Ward wrote:^^^
V8 people tend to be all absorbed in their own world, like if it's number one. Invincible. But we all know it added and still adds to the carbon footprint more than 4cyl engines.

Ah...now we getting somewhere....someone who gets all tiffed when someone "baits" them.

Now before I rip into someone's reply, esp' when it's "emotion based" and not "factoid based", I usually look carefully at the gist of what they're saying, I scrutinise their motives for saying what they say as well as weigh their demonstrated education, understanding, IQ and overall disposition.

Now, due to the phrase "like if it's number one"....my son...(and I use the term son, cause I highly doubt you're over 24 by the structure of your analysis) stay with me....fumin ent?...Stay focussed... we talkin bout Fastest right? In the WORLD right?
V8 motors hold ALL 1/4 mile World Records....I really eh know bout Trinidad nah boy...yuh go hadda check dat.
let's read that again....ALL so then therefore, due to the evidence presented and not because :"dem Mericans doh come dong here"...it is with much emphasis that I inform you that yes...V8s are Number 1,when it comes to Most HP, MPH, Et and Cubic displacement that can be obtained from a DRAG RACING perspective always have and always will be. Oh, and dat chupidness bout carbon footprint? We talkin World's Fastest here...not "Preeetiest USB equipt paddle-shifted-Prius.

Once you can accept that fact we can move on.

Now, onto that other immature statement you made, (I'm enjoying this immensely)...
"Invincible"...when pushed beyond the tensile strength of any given parameter> failure will occur. So yes even the mighty V8 has been known to implode, break, self-distruct etc.

However, because of it's inherent strength...due to the configuration of the pistons in relation to the crankshaft...(V) 2/4/5/6/8 pistons on either side of the crank, it means that the internal strength as measured across the girdle/main caps is rivalled by no other internal combustion motor in terms of strength, cubic displacement and/or durability. So in layman's terms...anyting wid a V in it is boss.

The "air of superiority" you speak of is just plain nasty I know, but wha yuh go do. V8s do hold the ALL the NHRA, IDRA and HRA records. So forgive them when they gloat..it comes from knowing they cant be beat...on a World stage that is.

If I have come across as demeaning, and condescending...doh study it....it's only the Internet. And I IZ d onliest V8 Man with ball (singular) big enuf tuh have a name like V8 Boys on a TriniTUNER based blog.

Finally, this ched doh belong tuh me nah boy, and ah really doh want tuh have to go and post up all the World Records an ting fuh yuh nah, so google, research and come again.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » December 8th, 2013, 6:13 pm

tourniquet wrote:
V8 Boys wrote:
hell, look at this thread, most of the replies are based on your original post :lol

yeah I know...and I'm enjoying the banter immensely...

t&t tech
3NE 2NR for life

Postby t&t tech » December 8th, 2013, 6:34 pm

I am enjoying being educated by the boy with the V8. Great info man. :smile:

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » December 8th, 2013, 7:06 pm

A name only in Trinidad...

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » December 8th, 2013, 7:30 pm

A few notable V8 engines

1) Cadillac Northstar (DOHC) V8 - First production V8 to be able to run for 50 miles without a drop of coolant in the system.
2) SSC Twin Turbo (OHV) V8 - Powered the Ultimate Aero to the world record for the fastest production car (257mph) until being eclipsed by the quad turbo W16 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
3) Henessey Twin Turbo (OHV) V8 - Powered the Venom GT to the world record for the fastest 0 - 300km/h sprint for a production car.
4) Koenigsegg Twin Turbo (DOHC) V8 - Able to out accelerate the quad turbo W16 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. Top speed not verified, but manufacturer claims it can go up to 273mph.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » December 8th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Kal-El Ward wrote:A name only in Trinidad...

and what a name it is...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TT-V8-Ca ... 9125177702 1st T&T Car Club on fb with 2000likes
http://vimeo.com/25432658 1st ever car club to bring Ol and New school together
http://triniminiposse.blogspot.com/2011 ... -show.html Trinimini supported
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6bE1TpCll0 1st ever club to have a car show & drifting together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ70BhydYiQ 1st ever Movie car to be recreated & given away
http://www.zorce.com/zjla/departments/z ... c-car-show 1st ever club to assemble over 150classics and give away one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38lgoO3HkMw Paramount Pictures & the V8 Boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rjs_m1-2ys Hist of the V8 Club in T&T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfYLwZ3QWYE 1st club to provide over 50 classic cars for a Foreign based movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqtiWE9xW1Y 1st ever club to get 2 drag rails to a show.
http://www.trinituner.com/v3/2011/07/24 ... -24-07-11/ biggest photo coverage on Tuner to date

It aint bragging, if you can back it up. Now...let's get back to the story.

The World's Fastest Street car that isn't from Japan...or Trinidad.

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » December 9th, 2013, 1:24 am

True. America doesnt recognise v8 boys. Lol.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » December 11th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » December 11th, 2013, 4:11 pm

^^^
Thank you!!!

SkettellGod
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby SkettellGod » December 18th, 2013, 11:47 pm

Panic will be devastated , lmao.

V8 boys, teach dem sir

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » December 20th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Not panic. I just fed up of V8 owners feeling that they on top of the world. And putting down the small men with the four and six. Big things comes in small packages you know.

jdm_auto
Riding on 13's

Postby jdm_auto » December 21st, 2013, 11:40 am

that car looks build out to me, whatever ....

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » December 27th, 2013, 12:22 am

Lol I forgot about this thread.
Glad I remembered. The pissing contest amuses me.

Proceed.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » January 8th, 2014, 12:28 pm

A custom Ford GT has managed to hit 283.232 mph (455.82 km/h) in a standing mile at Florida’s Kennedy Space Center on NASA’s Shuttle Landing Facility runway.
Created by Performance Power Racing, this heavily modified street-legal Ford GT features two turbos and various components made from “pandalloy”. This is an aerospace aluminum alloy developed in collaboration with Pratt & Whitney which is perfect for racing applications thanks to characteristics like reduced weight, high strength and temperature resistance.
Pumping out 1,700 hp (1267 kW), this Ford GT has set the Guinness World Record for top speed in a street-legal car by reaching a Tag Heuer-measured 283.232 mph in 5,280 feet (1,609 meters).

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”