TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Importing a motorcycle from India.

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shotta2545
Riding on 13's

Importing a motorcycle from India.

Postby shotta2545 » November 17th, 2014, 9:49 am

Looking for Info about importing a bike from India. A KTM RC 390, any pricing and general info would be much appreciated!

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Importing a motorcycle from India.

Postby Ruff » November 17th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Have you considered parts availability?

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » November 17th, 2014, 3:02 pm

clearly he has not.
i'd stay away from any bike that you can't get parts for in the US. even parts out of the UK is difficult.

J.B.P.
Riding on 13's

Postby J.B.P. » November 17th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Any suggestions on which bike brands have parts available locally, I know Greenes is a Yamaha dealer,are there any others....

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » November 17th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Saw some KTM selling awhile back on Montrose main road.They were going for like $7500.Can't remember the exact location.

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » November 17th, 2014, 11:23 pm

7500 for a ktm? that doesn't sound right....lol

jap bikes are the easiest to get parts for, especially if they were sold in the US
euro bikes which were sold in the US is also not a problem.....well for most of the brands like KTM, Husqvarna, Ducati no worries. smaller brands like aprillia and husaberg are a bit harder, but not impossible.

locally, greene has a lot of parts for different brands. but sometimes its hit or miss if he has what you may be looking for.
tracmac is the dealer for honda motorcycles, but i doubt they carry parts. the smaller bikes shops around usually carry some used parts, bike specific things like brake pads, clutches, levers and generic spares.

mpower
Trinituner Peong

Postby mpower » November 18th, 2014, 3:26 pm

that bike is going to be hell for you when it calls for parts, but i understand how it is when you really like something, my love for bikes led me to owning the ones that are almost impossible to get parts for, but also the ones i always wanted to experience, it's more than just buying what's available.
If ur looking for a bike to just own for a while and then sell, buy something that u can get parts easily for.If it is a bike you want to keep forever, like i do, then go for it.I have in my collection, an nsr250r, a ns-1, a bultaco 350 sherpa, a wr500. an aprilia af-1, ktm 690, these i will never sell. the others i will eventually get rid of. If you really want the ktm, understand the availability of parts and the required maintenance.

KingKunta
Riding on 13's

Postby KingKunta » November 30th, 2017, 11:11 am

Ever ordered the ktm or got any info on pricing?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”