TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hyundai H1, Nissan Serena, Suzuki APV - Which is the best?

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: 7 seaters question

Postby axe » December 16th, 2014, 9:55 am

right now i thinking Stream or Prairie..........once i sell that almera, lol

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » December 16th, 2014, 10:28 am

Stream FTW

aka
3NE 2NR for life

Postby aka » December 17th, 2014, 8:51 am

engine parts relatively cheap and easily available for the Prairie tho.

neoise
Sweet on this forum

Postby neoise » December 17th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Saw this - http://lifestylemotors.com/ertiga/ on Lifestyle FB page this morning . At $164,650 it does not look bad at all. Dunno how practical it is with only a 1.3 motor though.

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » December 17th, 2014, 3:56 pm

Voxy :!:
Last edited by DJ Q on December 23rd, 2014, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » December 21st, 2014, 8:21 pm

neoise wrote:Saw this - http://lifestylemotors.com/ertiga/ on Lifestyle FB page this morning . At $164,650 it does not look bad at all. Dunno how practical it is with only a 1.3 motor though.

The ertiga has a 1.4 engine (same engine as the swift glx), uses super gasoline, and is a 7 seater. While not as large as the others, it is a true Suzuki, with great gas mileage and a 3 year/100,00km warranty.

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » January 2nd, 2015, 1:45 am

killersuzuki wrote:
neoise wrote:Saw this - http://lifestylemotors.com/ertiga/ on Lifestyle FB page this morning . At $164,650 it does not look bad at all. Dunno how practical it is with only a 1.3 motor though.

The ertiga has a 1.4 engine (same engine as the swift glx), uses super gasoline, and is a 7 seater. While not as large as the others, it is a true Suzuki, with great gas mileage and a 3 year/100,00km warranty.

it's manual...

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » January 3rd, 2015, 2:29 pm

York wrote:
killersuzuki wrote:

it's manual...

No, automatic.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2015, 2:34 pm

Toyita wish any good?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 3rd, 2015, 8:08 pm

Nah. Buy a Prado na. True. 4x4 with 7 seater capabilities

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » January 3rd, 2015, 8:13 pm

Prado and wish prices big diff though.....and when prado starts calling for parts hope d pockets deep.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2015, 8:49 pm

Know someone bought a wish, was just wondering if it can take licks like the former ride (ad wagon)

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » January 3rd, 2015, 9:48 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Prado and wish prices big diff though.....and when prado starts calling for parts hope d pockets deep.

This! I thought parts would be around hilux prices boy was I wrong.

Antness
Street 2NR

Hyundai H1, Nissan Serena, Suzuki APV - Which is the best?

Postby Antness » January 13th, 2015, 10:17 am

Hyundai H1, Nissan Serena, Suzuki APV -

1. Which is the best 7 and more seater and why?
2. Which one comes with a diesel engine?
3. Do any require a Heavy-T licenses to drive?

Thanks

Arab
Ricer

Re: Hyundai H1, Nissan Serena, Suzuki APV - Which is the bes

Postby Arab » January 24th, 2015, 11:32 am

The H1 is a ten seater, its diesel and requires a Heavy T license.
The Serena and APV are seven seaters with the Serena being more spacious than the APV.
Cost to purchase on the H1 is about $287,000 this was mid 2014 price new from firm.
Serena is only foreign used and can be purchased between $105,000 to $150,000 dependent on model, year, mileage as well as sellers.
APV can retail for about $199,000 new from firm.
Prices are subject to correction.

U may need to check out taxi stands with these vehicles plying the routes, e.g. North/South, Cuerpe/South, Point/San F'do. Most taxi drivers use Serena and H1 is now becoming popular with North/South drivers. Check it out and see.
Hope it helps.

J Mack
Riding on 13's

Postby J Mack » June 29th, 2016, 10:44 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Using a Toyota Isis as a family vehicle a year and a half now - I'm impressed.
There are a quite a few on the road now, though similar but not as popular as the Toyota Wish. The Isis has automatic sliding back doors whereas the Wish has regular back doors.

Hello Duane how is this vehicle working was looking at buying one was not sure how it works, cost of parts and availability of parts etc. What model you have the L, G, or Platna? Also what are your thoughts on the space/leg room would it fit for a family of 6? Any advise or information would be useful.

Thanks much

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Hyundai H1, Nissan Serena, Suzuki APV - Which is the bes

Postby eliteauto » June 29th, 2016, 11:30 am

Arab wrote:The H1 is a ten seater, its diesel and requires a Heavy T license.
The Serena and APV are seven seaters with the Serena being more spacious than the APV.
Cost to purchase on the H1 is about $287,000 this was mid 2014 price new from firm.
Serena is only foreign used and can be purchased between $105,000 to $150,000 dependent on model, year, mileage as well as sellers.
APV can retail for about $199,000 new from firm.
Prices are subject to correction.

U may need to check out taxi stands with these vehicles plying the routes, e.g. North/South, Cuerpe/South, Point/San F'do. Most taxi drivers use Serena and H1 is now becoming popular with North/South drivers. Check it out and see.
Hope it helps.

As a follow up on this spoke to quite a few drivers and did some research, the H1 comes in for a lot of praise for reliability, performance and durability, of course it's only available new, in 3 trim levels and comes equipped to seat 12, they license them for 8 as a taxi but you get to keep the extra seat at home as an H and you can put them in as a P once you get it insured for such. It's huge though but drives like a car.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Hyundai H1, Nissan Serena, Suzuki APV - Which is the best?

Postby rspann » June 29th, 2016, 5:54 pm

H1 have any high spec option ,with Flare kit etc?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 29th, 2016, 6:23 pm

highest spec available locally is the GLS with leather, bluetooth/mp3/usb stereo with steering controls, dual a/c etc, no flare kit. Outside (Malaysia Philippines etc) there are higher trim levels with sunroof, bodykit, 22"TV and massaging recliner seats. Massy said it's not available to them and importing it yourself is costly

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 29th, 2016, 9:38 pm

Boy, use your influence and make them bring it.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 29th, 2016, 10:01 pm

I have no influence

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » July 5th, 2016, 12:59 am

bought a Noah 2005 AZR60. 1AZ-FSE engine. Suspension parts easy to get new and affordable: shocks ($1800 for all four KYB!), ball joints, inner and outer steering ends. A few places in bamboo have foreign used parts: Seenaths, Hyperfas, Rogers....

I had a problem with the AC but that was sorted out....its very powerful, great on gas (super), and 8 seater!

These 7, and 8 seaters have very little engine room, so you can feel the heat in there, I installed additional fans....running good so far

If I could i would have bought the newer one...

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Nissan Serena vs Toyota Noah

Postby supernedd » January 24th, 2019, 11:16 pm

V8 Boys wrote:I certainly am not one to mince words when it comes to NEW CARS these days. Especially when the trend in almost everything these days is replace not repair. I just hate to see the hard working average man, who was accustomed getting 20plus years out of a good ol fashioned all cast iron motor, before a rebuild....spend his precious few dollar$ on something that makes him want to take a hammer to it.

Well, times have changed and many now opt for gadgets, comfort, style and metallic paint instead of grey and "brung"...and "it'll run til the doors fall off".

That being said, allow me to relate a personal experience with the Serena....Q-whatever you wanna call it.
My father decided to get one (Serena) as he was retiring and working one as taxi would help put bread on his table as he could not work as he used to.

The first 3mths (he bought it from Rally Mac at the time)....he was always glowing in appreciation of the "ride, the power and the 7 seats".

Then it started to waste fuel, and one day....he neglected to OPEN the rad to check for water...instead just lookin into the reservoir. From day one tho, he would tell me "son, come put your hand here....see? The bonnet hot like fire, even the fenders...you cant touch them they so hot...that's normal?"

I allowed it to cool and topped up the rad, and realised the top of the rad...PLASTIC of course, had a hairline crack...so he couldn't SEE the loss of coolant. And that was due to the original fans not being able to cool the motor.

1 week later , new fans, new rad (metal top & bottom) and it was still frothing.
And of course when I couldn't help he had to face the Grande Mechanic$.
We had to change the gasket....I thought. So, to save time I thought I'd just take the head off from on TOP and send it to shave.

Eh heh? Took me all day just to get that front engine cover off, by loosing all the mounts, canting the motor, and contorting my body. Well, off the Anil's Machine shop...took a few thou off and another gasket.

I almost made the mistake of turning the head upside down and let all the valve cups fall out...and oye...they are weighted and specifically set for each blinkin valve eh..and NOT numbered in sequence by the factory.
So, many hours later with more contortioning it was back together. It was just 4 days later Dad was back...frothing, hissing and misfiring. We changed a few coils, and that in itself took a few hrs...but eventually it was the block....

This over-designed-under-engineered Japanes master piece was an ALL alluminum high compression...gasket-less motor....I mean besides the head gasket the JAPS assembled this thing with the 3 part break away block and head with NOT ONE BLOODY paper or Teflon gasket...it was all metal to metal contact with a factory black silicone to seal the surfaces.

So, out came the motor...and my poor Dad, had very little money to get someone else to do it, or afford another motor which would have cost him about $9000.
The block was indeed warped as well, and so was the head,,,again.

THAT ENGINE HAD PARTS TO UNBOLT BOY LORD!
and it had to be dropped from "below-neath"
So, up it went, all silicone and meticulously assembled by me. And it worked well for a few weeks...and Dad was nervous to drive it but had to, poor fella.

He used to drive with the bonnet "released" so the damn thing would cook itself. And I actually followed someones advice to take out the catalytic converter....and that in itself drastically reduced the under the bonnet heat and from under the car as well.

He listened to me and got rid of it before it drove him mad. And if there was anyone who cared for all of his vehicles as if they were his only child it was my Dad. Meticulously clean and always serviced.
Just before he sold it to another Grande Taxi man, we changed the rubbers under the engine cradle...and chassis mounts for the sub-frame...they were ALL shot. And this thing was even doin 75,000km yet.

The most ironic thing is is that Nissan always had temperature gauges in their vehicles...always...except for this Serena their pride and joy for the commuting public.

So by the time that LIGHT on the dash lit up...the damage would have already been done.

That's what they did for their loyal customers,, and Neal & NAsty to this day do not inform their customers that the XTrails that carry a similar motor (Cash-Qui too) that the motor has overheating issues.

I have looked at the motor in depth and have come to the conclusion that it was the first of the "throw-away" 5yr life-span motors that Japan was putting out because of there philosophy that ppl were now onlky keeping their new vehicles for 5yrs or less in Japan,,,so hence the Intentional Shortened Work life of their motors. It is way too a high compressioned motor for such a small block and pistons...and the all allum construction and girdle was never well thought out.

Cous'? Doh make the mistake and buy no Serena just because yuh could make more money on the hustle eh...you'll kick yourself.
Wow this reminds me of the headache i get with my mazda bt50 with the wlt engine

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Nissan Serena vs Toyota Noah

Postby supernedd » January 24th, 2019, 11:18 pm

moti wrote:Image

Sorry for the delay. :)
My neighbor has one. In almost 8yrs he own it. He change head n block twice n 2 trannys

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”