TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

GA16DETermined

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 15th, 2015, 2:30 am

Well fellas, Yodins have a car now. Ga16 de b13. Want to turbo it. Any of Allyuh know who could help wrt sourcing parts/tuning etc.

Any advice/pointers/opinions will be appreciated.

And stop with that "juss puh een a sr nah" talk. If we wanted to go sr we would go sr.
Attachments
IMG-20141002-WA0030.jpg

Advertisement
User avatar
TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1253
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 9:24 am
Location: Japan

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby TurboSingh12 » January 15th, 2015, 6:24 am

Looking at the engine it looks like Richard's b13.If you are serious im goin to scrap my buddy b12 Ga16DET back to de as he is selling the car.Pm me if you are interested.

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13611
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ���

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 15th, 2015, 11:27 am

How much power do you want and how much do you have to spend?

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 22132
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby nervewrecker » January 15th, 2015, 11:54 am

Congrats on your purchase yoders.

Most people will say SR because the cost to turbo a GA or QG cost quite a lot and the gains are little. A stock SR20 NA will still issue a dread cut arse on them.

User avatar
Stixer7
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 209
Joined: July 27th, 2004, 10:29 pm
Location: A-R-I-M-A
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Stixer7 » January 15th, 2015, 1:22 pm

I know a guy did this on his taxi ran for 2 years no problem
10lbs
stock everything
logstyle manifold 2000
stock sr/ca t25 turbo 1000
intercooler and piping 3000
exhaust work 1500
BOV 1000
Gauges - 1500

Total 10000

To do the swap
sr20 - 4000-10000
90% of det men swap for t28 turbo - 3500
intercooler and piping 3000
exhaust work 1500
bov 1500
gauges 1500
Wiring/relays/fusebox 1500

total 16500 - 22500

both prices excluding mechanic's labour cost

I would personally turbo the ga
the fwd sr men eh sayin nothing - plus lsd gearbox etc not making sense to me as that is an additional 3500
Last edited by Stixer7 on January 15th, 2015, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1253
Joined: November 24th, 2014, 9:24 am
Location: Japan

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby TurboSingh12 » January 15th, 2015, 1:30 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Congrats on your purchase yoders.

Most people will say SR because the cost to turbo a GA or QG cost quite a lot and the gains are little. A stock SR20 NA will still issue a dread cut arse on them.

I turboed Ga16/Qg18 already water/Meth Greddy emanage 12psi of boost an stock Sr20DET"s is get a run for for their money.

User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 16th, 2015, 10:33 am

TurboSingh12 wrote:Looking at the engine it looks like Richard's b13.If you are serious im goin to scrap my buddy b12 Ga16DET back to de as he is selling the car.Pm me if you are interested.


Correct is right.

VexXx Dogg wrote:How much power do you want and how much do you have to spend?


About 10k. Looking at about 150hp or around that vicinity.

nervewrecker wrote:Congrats on your purchase yoders.

Most people will say SR because the cost to turbo a GA or QG cost quite a lot and the gains are little. A stock SR20 NA will still issue a dread cut arse on them.

Yuh see the thing is nervewrecker, everybody have the sr. Thaz a common thing. How often you does get lixxed by a turbo 1.6l engine? Not often. I want to change that. Plus sr more expensive, burns more gas etc.

Stixer7 wrote:I know a guy did this on his taxi ran for 2 years no problem
10lbs
stock everything
logstyle manifold 2000
stock sr/ca t25 turbo 1000
intercooler and piping 3000
exhaust work 1500
BOV 1000
Gauges - 1500

Total 10000

To do the swap
sr20 - 4000-10000
90% of det men swap for t28 turbo - 3500
intercooler and piping 3000
exhaust work 1500
bov 1500
gauges 1500
Wiring/relays/fusebox 1500

total 16500 - 22500

both prices excluding mechanic's labour cost

I would personally turbo the ga
the fwd sr men eh sayin nothing - plus lsd gearbox etc not making sense to me as that is an additional 3500


Yuh see, cheaper, less hassle wrt looking for engine etc. But what was that about the lsd diff? That was for the ga or the sr?

And how much for a water meth kit?

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 22132
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby nervewrecker » January 16th, 2015, 11:48 am

How much the stock GA16 spitting out vs a stock NA SR20?

Then consider ease of finding parts for a GA16, I understand they kind of hard to find parts for. If you blow up something chances are you might be left on sh!t street and end up buying an SR20 anyways.

Stock NA SR was within the $5k region last I checked. Yes everyone has an SR20 this rounds but is a set of half dead ones it have all over, QG16 putting cut ass on them without breaking a sweat. A properly working SR20 is real pace!!!!

Boosted GA16 might drink some gas when it hits boost depending on the turbo you using too if I am correct.

not trying to deter you, just letting you know what you getting into before you do.

User avatar
black start
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7972
Joined: February 25th, 2010, 10:42 am
Location: conquering the pothole solodex

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby black start » January 16th, 2015, 12:51 pm

Richard's 13 have some decent parts on it. A good platform for boost!

User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 16th, 2015, 7:57 pm

nervewrecker wrote:How much the stock GA16 spitting out vs a stock NA SR20?

Then consider ease of finding parts for a GA16, I understand they kind of hard to find parts for. If you blow up something chances are you might be left on sh!t street and end up buying an SR20 anyways.

Stock NA SR was within the $5k region last I checked. Yes everyone has an SR20 this rounds but is a set of half dead ones it have all over, QG16 putting cut ass on them without breaking a sweat. A properly working SR20 is real pace!!!!

Boosted GA16 might drink some gas when it hits boost depending on the turbo you using too if I am correct.

not trying to deter you, just letting you know what you getting into before you do.


I wah be diff. A leader not a follower. Nameen? But thanks and I know it'll be a gas guzzler when it tuned an thing but might still consume less than the 2l.

black start wrote:Richard's 13 have some decent parts on it. A good platform for boost!

He was gonna boost it enno but plans changed

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 22132
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby nervewrecker » January 16th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Naw man, depending on how you drive fuel economy can be pretty good.

I love b13's

User avatar
Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11210
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Ted_v2 » January 18th, 2015, 9:35 am

Easy as turbosingh said.
u need a emanage to handle the turbo and the tuning.
water meth to keep it cool.
a small t25/28/td04wrx.

i saw some prices posted above and its alot, you can keep this cheap and economical. Buy used parts. most parts on the market now are very expensive. buy used when you can but make sure to check it out first.

A mitsu evo intercooler goings for around 600$ used.
boost gauge from 350-500.
a emanage selling on the forum right now for around 2500$, the synticate, He is a good person when it comes to turbo'in engines. His stuff bess.

i believe ur car already has 2.5 exhaust not so? thats pretty boost friendly.

Finally get a good mechanic, From when i spoke to you . thats what u need.

milkboyz
Street 2NR
Posts: 73
Joined: June 29th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby milkboyz » January 18th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Pal these ga16 are very good engines i know of a certain white b13 PAX 275 back in the days had one of this turbo an used to beat everything on d cross he also did low 13sec on street an strip tires that car was a beast one of the best an fastest b13 in Trinidad in those times

User avatar
Kinday
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2241
Joined: May 19th, 2003, 10:47 pm
Location: Living in the Sunshine
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Kinday » January 18th, 2015, 7:56 pm

^^ what he said... That B13 was a pure fire breathing beast

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7155
Joined: March 24th, 2010, 10:36 pm
Location: locating my location. brb

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby sliderz1 » January 19th, 2015, 1:32 pm

tune the fuark out of that NA. get some cams and ITBs

User avatar
black start
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7972
Joined: February 25th, 2010, 10:42 am
Location: conquering the pothole solodex

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby black start » January 19th, 2015, 1:43 pm

sliderz1 wrote:tune the fuark out of that NA. get some cams and ITBs


Na ga/qg does still check functionality of honda civic's rear lights

User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 20th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Well fellas so far I get a couple offers but one man to expensive and the next man too far lol. As Ted said I go buy parts used and one by one.

I eh know what is a e manage tho.

Look a list of the things the car has

Ga16de vtc engine and gearbox, full 2" exhaust and extractors, rsr barrel, apexi safc neo management, custom cold air intake with k&n filter, Kenwood deck, pair of pioneer 6x9 and 2 6" door speakers, battery relocated to the trunk, hids in headlights, sr20 vvl air flow, auto gauge tach, oil pressure gauge, autometer af gauge, autometer egt gauge...

User avatar
black start
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7972
Joined: February 25th, 2010, 10:42 am
Location: conquering the pothole solodex

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby black start » January 20th, 2015, 9:56 pm

U could use the safc instead of the emange as you already have it!

User avatar
NXTREME
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1557
Joined: September 21st, 2007, 7:00 pm
Location: #dogheadboi

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby NXTREME » January 21st, 2015, 8:44 am

nice ride 8-)

User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 21st, 2015, 8:15 pm

bump. turbosingh padna have some good stuff but too far and idk if he go meet me halfway or something because i eh know sheit bout down there.

maniflod $500, tial external wastegate $1000, bov $250, turbo and downpipe $1500, intercooler and piping $500, vvl injectors $200, braided oil line $600.

sounds decent right?

User avatar
Razkal
2NRholic
Posts: 4837
Joined: May 30th, 2004, 2:33 am
Location: Gone Fishing...
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Razkal » January 21st, 2015, 8:24 pm

very noice! what sort of suspension mods it has currently? that would do well at dex man.

where you from? once you have a checklist of parts and start getting them, I can put you onto someone

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 22132
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby nervewrecker » January 21st, 2015, 8:41 pm

Yodins wrote:bump. turbosingh padna have some good stuff but too far and idk if he go meet me halfway or something because i eh know sheit bout down there.

maniflod $500, tial external wastegate $1000, bov $250, turbo and downpipe $1500, intercooler and piping $500, vvl injectors $200, braided oil line $600.

sounds decent right?


Down where?

Just say the word when you coming and imma be your tour guide.

User avatar
Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11210
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Ted_v2 » January 21st, 2015, 9:14 pm

Boom flick.
Everything sounding good from what you posted.
Nice deals once everything legit

User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 21st, 2015, 9:46 pm

Razkal wrote:very noice! what sort of suspension mods it has currently? that would do well at dex man.

where you from? once you have a checklist of parts and start getting them, I can put you onto someone

It has b12 front shockS and b13 rear. The socks real dead tho, and bouncy. My mechanic say the back shocks burst so u hadda change em. I from Arouca dan and mommy does coas for me to go anywhere out of the east west corridor

nervewrecker]

Down where?

Just say the word when you coming and imma be your tour guide.[/quote]
South oropuche. Thanks for the offer tho

[quote="Ted_v2 wrote:
Boom flick.
Everything sounding good from what you posted.
Nice deals once everything legit


ENT. Ga16 parts hard to find and this man basically have the whole kit for me to bolt on. This is a sign

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 22132
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby nervewrecker » January 21st, 2015, 9:51 pm

That's right in my front yard man.

User avatar
NXTREME
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1557
Joined: September 21st, 2007, 7:00 pm
Location: #dogheadboi

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby NXTREME » January 22nd, 2015, 7:16 am

Yodins i have SR20VE Injectors, will link u for free dbu

User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 22nd, 2015, 9:12 pm

NXTREME wrote:Yodins i have SR20VE Injectors, will link u for free dbu


Wooogooood :drinking: :drinking:

Thanks fadda.Anything go come in handy this rounds.

Mechanic said the vtc not working and that hadda sort out as well in a timing.

Remember eh fellas, is in the east west corridor I operating in


User avatar
Yodins
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2061
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Location: Hopefully near a boa constrictor....
Contact:

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby Yodins » January 26th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Boy rn is school homework I doing buti go research properly before I fit anything.

Doh forget the injectors lol

User avatar
skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5635
Joined: January 13th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Location: In a Skyline

Re: GA16DETermined

Postby skylinechild » February 1st, 2015, 8:39 pm

sounds good put please dont put HIDs in your headlights - your headlight is the glass type -and at the risk or boring you to death with such things like refractive indexes and such - you WILL be blinding other drivers -

either stick with normal halogen bulbs or get a proper retrofit done so you wont blind other drivers with HID. ohh yea...HID in fogs is utter mess too...


just cause you seeing alot of fools with HID doesnt make it right... my $0.02C

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests