TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

2015 Corolla vs Cerato vs Elantra Etc

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: 2015 Corolla vs Cerato vs Elantra Etc

Postby kg494EJ-1 » February 20th, 2015, 7:50 am

Acesinghit, I have to agree with MG Man and MadCrix the days to the Japs being vastly superior to the Koreans are gone the Koreans are coming, actually they've arrived and in some areas surpassed, especially in the local market.
As for the handling in my experience Eco Kuhmos that come on these vehicles leaves alot of room for improvement regarding handling a slightly wider and sticker tyre makes the world of difference.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » February 20th, 2015, 9:22 am

Acesinghit = Ahsayingshit.
Allyuh does still try to listen to he? I feel sorry for the folks who stumble on these threads and take his word for gospel and sway their buying decisions by it.
http://www.autotrader.com/research/arti ... better.jsp
Safety

The good news is that both of these cars earn favorable crash-test ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The bad news is that just one of them is considered a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).

Starting with the Elantra, the Hyundai receives an overall rating of five stars by NHTSA combined, with a Top Safety Pick rating from IIHS. The Corolla also gets a 5-star NHTSA rating, and when reviewing the Toyota's performance in individual tests, it provides superior protection for the driver in a side-impact collision. The Corolla does not, however, receive a Top Safety Pick designation from IIHS because of a Marginal rating in the small-overlap frontal-impact test.

Thanks to the Elantra's Top Safety Pick rating, it also earns the win in this contest when it comes to safety.

Awaits prayers about how d reliability eh up to par

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 20th, 2015, 11:09 am

cinco why u beating up so dan? Calm down buddy, everyone entitled to his/her opinion. If you know so much instead of trolling and seeking attention why don't you contribute positively? We must try to be objective to other brands and not just 1 brand all the time just because you own one. Gone are the days of loyalty to 1 brand. I rate up several brands/vehicles over the years and then some I did not hold in same regard. If a writer can show immaturity in vehicle reviews without proper knowledge then going forward it will be hard to take him/her seriously with all future articles until it is demonstrated otherwise. On the other hand, maturity changes perspective. I had an Elantra before and it protected me in a collision and I was amazed by its virtues back then. The Koreans have arrived no doubt but the Americans, Japanese and Germans to name a few have moved on too. Perhaps cinco should do like faglal and upgrade to v2 so that his dotish factor is reduced by five (5) points.

tdavies
Trinituner Peong

Postby tdavies » February 21st, 2015, 1:23 pm

Corolla = sheit
Elantra= sheit
Cerato= sheit

Mazda 3 = good buy!!

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 21st, 2015, 1:48 pm

Mazda 3 sexy. Tryin to chain up meh familee to buy one.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 22nd, 2015, 10:04 am

Heard parts difficult to find for those.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » February 22nd, 2015, 11:35 am

tdavies wrote:Corolla = sheit
Elantra= sheit
Cerato= sheit

Mazda 3 = good buy!!

dammit stephon

greall
Street 2NR

Postby greall » June 2nd, 2016, 6:08 pm

I had these options last year when I was looking for a garage mate for my Y-11 and went for the Elantra. I had the uncomfrtable ocassion of driving my niece's PDJ Corolla and I'm so glad that I didn't go for that.

Growing up,all the cars in my house were Toyotas but I've never owned one personally because the brand just doesn't appeal to me. This is despite people teling me that the Korean cars are a headache but I have my own theories when it comes to that.

Each brand will have their fans...#IMHO

pyromaniax
Riding on 16's

Postby pyromaniax » June 3rd, 2016, 2:48 pm

Been driving the last model Tuscon for about 4 years no problems at all so I cant quite seem to find this Korean headache people speak of ( a lot of driving too, plenty rough up).

Recently got the new 2016 mazda 3 Hatch and loving that as well. Prefer the 3 only because I prefer the sporty look than a biggish suv.

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » June 3rd, 2016, 7:42 pm

Those older Tucson does wuk, my aunt has hers going on 6 years now no problems. It's all down to proper maintenance .

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » June 3rd, 2016, 11:51 pm

lostboys crew wrote:Those older Tucson does wuk, my aunt has hers going on 6 years now no problems. It's all down to proper maintenance .

When you say older, what model exactly, because I'm interested in one but I've heard many horror stories..can you elaborate?

greall
Street 2NR

Postby greall » June 4th, 2016, 6:11 am

lostboys crew wrote:Those older Tucson does wuk, my aunt has hers going on 6 years now no problems. It's all down to proper maintenance .

That right there is what some people don't say when they complain about their vehicles malfunctioning.

That 6 year old Tuscon looks way better than the current model: those tail lights...#MEH!

Jason 9800
Riding on 13's

Postby Jason 9800 » June 10th, 2016, 10:25 am

i have the Kia koup and i love that car. it works well and i havent had any trouble with southern sales with service or parts. Well so far. And i running mines on 20's atm. :)

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 1st, 2018, 7:03 pm

MG Man wrote:test drove both the corolla cerato and and elantra
the korean cars are miles ahead
The corolla wins for interior and trunk space...other than that....unless you really feel you paying for name and perceived resale value, you'd have to be a real tuntun to choose the corolla at it's current price
The Koreans have tons more features, and their ride and handling are good for the class....there's a Cerato that ran dex last year, and it was very impressive.
The corolla still running the old 4 speed tranny, doesn't have a proper voice interface, and the steering wheel buttons look like a cheap afterthought....you'd swear someone took a hole-saw to the steering wheel and cut out the holes for the tacky buttons.....the dash is nice, if you like that retro / wannabe BMW horizontal layout....and of course you don't get the pretty screen on the USDM cars....

that new corolla is definitely the bottom of the barrel i this class......the idea of superior quality blah blah blah in this day and age, is an outdated misconception...the truth is, EVERYBODY making a quality car nowadays......so why pay TTTL's price for the worst car in class?
I remember i went in the dealership n ask bout the basic n high end model difference. D man say fog lights n auto wipers .. no lie.. haahha Toyota does act like apple... we have the name..so take what u get ..smh

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » November 3rd, 2018, 11:21 pm

supernedd wrote:I remember i went in the dealership n ask bout the basic n high end model difference. D man say fog lights n auto wipers .. no lie.. haahha Toyota does act like apple... we have the name..so take what u get ..smh

I think the higher end model also has alloy rims and digital climate control.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”