TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Prologue to a Build

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Zorak
Sweet on this forum

Re: Prologue to a Build

Postby Zorak » March 20th, 2016, 1:50 pm

So what do you guys think about this one...'77-'80 Mazda 323/GLC. It's rwd and rotary swaps are common for them. I hardly see them around but the ones I do see are in pretty rough shape. And that is just perfect for my needs! Especially considering I want to learn bodywork and metal fabrication. For the condition I see them in I wouldn't expect it to cost more than $5k for one. So what are your thoughts? Any links?

karlos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby karlos » March 20th, 2016, 2:10 pm

I'm currently doing a restoration on a series 1 rx7 and man it's a lot of money but I love this car ( I haven't driven it yet ) but the appearance and of course it being rotary .... With that being said I'm still in the building process and I'd like ideas from you guys ( if you don't mind) on a LSD setup for it . I was thinking 720 but I understand they're not LSD . thanks ....

Zorak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zorak » March 20th, 2016, 2:20 pm

If I remember correctly, I've seen hilux LSDs being mentioned as an upgrade for those.

karlos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby karlos » March 20th, 2016, 2:22 pm

I've heard for the hilux surf ( 4runner) but as with any project I'm looking for a reasonably priced option unless I get a Hilux rear end at a good price

Zorak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zorak » March 20th, 2016, 2:41 pm

Hopefully one of the rotary guys on the site can point you in the right direction karlos. Feel free to post up some pics in here and fill us in on your project. I know I'm definitely interested. Eventually I'm gonna get a 1st gen so I'm trying to do as much reading up on them as possible too.

karlos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby karlos » March 20th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Ya bud I hope someone chime in and shed some light .... I'd keep an eye out for a 1st gen for you if you like but a good shell registered won't be around 20 or so but I'd try

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”