TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Automotive Paint

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Automotive Paint

Postby djaggs » May 23rd, 2016, 3:58 pm

Does anyone know much about automotive paint ?

Are there any specific brands that might be preferable over others ??

Im interested in a non metallic finish.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Automotive Paint

Postby cinco » May 23rd, 2016, 4:26 pm

Ask yuh painter what's his preference some painters won't touch a different brand

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 23rd, 2016, 6:31 pm

If you are not using metallic ,you are going with a straight colour. You can do it in a direct gloss paint which uses a thinner and hardener alone. You can also do it in a basecoat /clearcoat system. The thing to consider is cost and durability. Automotive art is a good choice, price is good and it's easy to apply and buff. Penta is also very good and reasonably priced. There are many other paints ,but like I said, it boils down to what you want to spend and what results you want.

richgold1000
3NE 2NR for life

Postby richgold1000 » May 23rd, 2016, 9:51 pm

Bro. Use sherwin William automotive paints. Painted a vehicle 9 years ago and still look great. Don't use penta. outlets can't mix paint and sell you thinners loose and you will have problems

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 26th, 2016, 7:11 pm

I've been using Penta for thirty five years, every single day ,owned a Penta outlet and cannot complain. I painted a Bentley ,Rolls Royce and many other exotic cars in it and no problems.I painted an RX 7 in penta and redid it because of an accident 14 years later. A lot of people blame the paint ..........
You know that Penta is a franchisee for Nexa Autocolor, one of the biggest brands worldwide. PPG,Right?

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » May 27th, 2016, 9:11 am

Thanks guys

avimadvibez
3NE 2NR for life

Postby avimadvibez » June 9th, 2016, 12:07 am

rspann wrote:I've been using Penta for thirty five years, every single day ,owned a Penta outlet and cannot complain. I painted a Bentley ,Rolls Royce and many other exotic cars in it and no problems.I painted an RX 7 in penta and redid it because of an accident 14 years later. A lot of people blame the paint ..........
You know that Penta is a franchisee for Nexa Autocolor, one of the biggest brands worldwide. PPG,Right?

This. Have been using Penta for many years now without any problems. It really boils down to personal preference.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”