TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Maintaining leather seats

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nijo
Riding on 13's

Maintaining leather seats

Postby nijo » February 28th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Hi Folks

My car, which has leather seats, is a few months old. I park in an uncovered car park on weekdays and I am concerned about the seats becoming damaged especially with the current dry season heat. I have so far avoided my car wash person putting anything (leather treatment) on the seats as I am trying to avoid errors that would damage the leather.

What good and safe to use on these seats?

Thought of covering seats but I will not be able to access the trunk from inside the car - seats don't fold down 60/40 (imagine that in 2017). There is just this crappy cubby-hole to access the trunk....seat covers will prevent the use of the feature.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Maintaining leather seats

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 1st, 2017, 1:57 pm

I used to use Mothers leather cleaner and then the leather conditioner. Mainly because of the smell of the Mothers leather conditioner, I switched to Meguiars leather cleaner and leather conditioner.

Both manufacturers' products work equally well for the leather seats and surfaces in my cars.

nijo
Riding on 13's

Postby nijo » March 1st, 2017, 10:25 pm

Hi Rory
Thanks for the advice. I also have a problem with strong, oily/waxy or overbearing smells. Will sniff out the Mothers leather conditioner when next I go to the detail shop or auto parts place. Will also check the Meguiars this brand name is new to me.
One more question tho, do these products leave any build up of residue over time...just a lil concerned of having working clothes damaged. sorry to seem picky and thanks again.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 2nd, 2017, 5:53 am

The mothers leaves a slight coconutty scent.
You wont have to worry about residue since what the leater doesnt soak up you will need to buff out with another cloth.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 2nd, 2017, 6:13 am

Once you apply the products as per the manufacturers' instructions, you should not have any issues with residue.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”