TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Fog lights authorization letter

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 6th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Looking for information on where to get one of these cause I got a ticket for mines, the officer said that even tho it off its still unauthorized

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Fog lights authorization letter

Postby Morpheus » May 6th, 2017, 10:54 pm

BS......

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 6th, 2017, 11:29 pm

Do you mind telling us what make and model is your car? Yom and if local or roro?

The fog lights you got ticketed for, was it an OEM install or after market install?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » May 7th, 2017, 6:59 am

I'd contest it; if it's new you should have the letter of authorisation from the TC

psychokid
3NE 2NR for life

Postby psychokid » May 7th, 2017, 10:30 pm

What u mean u get a ticket and it was off?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 7th, 2017, 10:45 pm

Passed over the pit and was inspected as is and found to be roadworthy, every make every model and then get charged on the road? Trinis is really bobolees yes !

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 12:38 am

agent007 wrote:Do you mind telling us what make and model is your car? Yom and if local or roro?

The fog lights you got ticketed for, was it an OEM install or after market install?

Nissan y11, it was an aftermarket install because I changed the front bumper

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 12:39 am

tr1ad wrote:I'd contest it; if it's new you should have the letter of authorisation from the TC

How do I go about getting this letter?

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 12:40 am

psychokid wrote:What u mean u get a ticket and it was off?

Yea the lights was off only my headlights was on and the policeman give me the ticket because he say the car not authorized to have it

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » May 8th, 2017, 12:40 am

You have to go in and apply to the TC/ Licensing Authority

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 12:41 am

rspann wrote:Passed over the pit and was inspected as is and found to be roadworthy, every make every model and then get charged on the road? Trinis is really bobolees yes !

Dawg them police rel wicked these days yess I swear is just a shame. For them to be looking for the real criminals deyy running ppl like me down for fog lights

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 8th, 2017, 6:59 am

streetglow man wrote:
rspann wrote:Passed over the pit and was inspected as is and found to be roadworthy, every make every model and then get charged on the road? Trinis is really bobolees yes !

Dawg them police rel wicked these days yess I swear is just a shame. For them to be looking for the real criminals deyy running ppl like me down for fog lights

That easier for them to do than to actually go look for a criminal and lock him up/charge him. Its much simpler to park up the police van on the side of the road, stop a few cars and charge ppl for petty stuff, like fog lights.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 8th, 2017, 7:13 am

Charged for basically stock lights that off. That real harsh

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 8:16 am

tr1ad wrote:You have to go in and apply to the TC/ Licensing Authority

Okay I'll check that out indeed thanks

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 8:17 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
streetglow man wrote:

That easier for them to do than to actually go look for a criminal and lock him up/charge him. Its much simpler to park up the police van on the side of the road, stop a few cars and charge ppl for petty stuff, like fog lights.

This is totally true and it's just a shame, first speed guns all over the place now they ticketing you foolishly. Idk what to say anymore yess about it

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 8:18 am

j.o.e wrote:Charged for basically stock lights that off. That real harsh

Yea it really hard and this is not the first time too but I am going to court to fight it because is damn foolishness now

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » May 8th, 2017, 11:03 am

Why allow something to enter the country and then when sold, it becomes illegal.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 8th, 2017, 11:21 am

Yall feel that bad... My dad was given a ticket for his stock navara fogs :/

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » May 8th, 2017, 11:46 am

streetglow man wrote:
agent007 wrote:Do you mind telling us what make and model is your car? Yom and if local or roro?

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nissan" rel="nofollow"><span>Nissan</span></a> y11, it was an aftermarket install because I changed the front bumper

nick639v2 wrote:Yall feel that bad... My dad was given a ticket for his stock navara fogs :/

So they're indeed the stock fog lamps?? AND you said they were off OP?
I can't believe this!

Nissan_Wingroad_X_(Y11)_front.JPG
2002-2003_NISSAN_WINGROAD_Rider.jpg

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » May 8th, 2017, 11:51 am

I have a led light bar in front my ranger on the grill that is covered when not in use. Used only for light Off-roading. Can I get charged for this?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 8th, 2017, 12:13 pm

4CupMan wrote:I have a led light bar in front my ranger on the grill that is covered when not in use. Used only for light Off-roading. Can I get charged for this?

Keep it covered an not visible jus in case...

We did contest our ticket tho op but the judge was a complete hog of a woman... Every other officer and lawyer present said to take it further but I just told dad to pay it yes.

And guys just keep your inspection documents and if you buying a vehicle from the firm get a little document to keep in the glove box or sum.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 8th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Was talking to friend about this earlier today and he mentioned that he installed fog lights in his Almera some years ago and went to a certain police station down south to lodge a report. The officer told him they can't take a report or investigate something that is illegal which he shouldn't have had in the first place! :shock:
Last edited by agent007 on May 8th, 2017, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » May 8th, 2017, 12:21 pm

I also have a Mazda 3 bought from the firm fully loaded with fog lights. About 6 years old. Do I have to get the paper work for this also? Thanks guys.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 8th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Contact your sales rep or if he/she no longer works there call the brand manager. Walk with your CCO and original invoice etc so it will make searching for your info much easier and I see no problem with them issuing the letter for you.

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » May 8th, 2017, 12:36 pm

agent007 wrote:Contact your sales rep or if he/she no longer works there call the brand manager. Walk with your CCO and original invoice etc so it will make searching for your info much easier and I see no problem with them issuing the letter for you.

Thanks man

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 7:13 pm

zorced wrote:
streetglow man wrote:

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nissan" rel="nofollow"><span>Nissan</span></a> y11, it was an aftermarket install because I changed the front bumper

nick639v2 wrote:Yall feel that bad... My dad was given a ticket for his stock navara fogs :/

So they're indeed the stock fog lamps?? AND you said they were off OP?
I can't believe this!

Nissan_Wingroad_X_(Y11)_front.JPG
2002-2003_NISSAN_WINGROAD_Rider.jpg

Yess indeed stock fogs and was off, them police rel wicked dawg. But I going to court to fight it

streetglow man
Riding on 13's

Postby streetglow man » May 8th, 2017, 7:15 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
4CupMan wrote:I have a led light bar in front my ranger on the grill that is covered when not in use. Used only for light Off-roading. Can I get charged for this?

We did contest our ticket tho op but the judge was a complete hog of a woman... Every other officer and lawyer present said to take it further but I just told dad to pay it yes.

And guys just keep your inspection documents and if you buying a vehicle from the firm get a little document to keep in the glove box or sum.

So better thing to do is pay it again in your opinion?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 8th, 2017, 7:33 pm

streetglow man wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

So better thing to do is pay it again in your opinion?

Yea might as well cut your losses, just save time and get your self the peace of mind...

Otherwise if you wanna wait and contest it on the due day, there's no additional fee or penalty.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 8th, 2017, 10:10 pm

I printe d the letter off the web. Foglight on thru about 6 road blocks in all.presented letter and no ticket. Pal got ticket when to court presented letter and did not have to pay. So far it works for me

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » May 9th, 2017, 12:48 pm

PariaMan wrote:I printe d the letter off the web. Foglight on thru about 6 road blocks in all.presented letter and no ticket. Pal got ticket when to court presented letter and did not have to pay. So far it works for me

Where site?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”