TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

List of possible car insurance discounts that one can claim

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sls
Street 2NR

List of possible car insurance discounts that one can claim

Postby sls » May 24th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Hi.
Can anyone provide a general list of possible car insurance related discounts that one can claim for, or is this specific to the insurer?

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Re: List of possible car insurance discounts that one can claim

Postby yvan300 » May 24th, 2017, 4:00 pm

Colfire should have a list of them on their website. I'd assume most of them are similarly applied by other companies. What I realised though was that there weren't a lot of options to get discounts with third party though.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » May 25th, 2017, 6:10 am

yvan300 wrote:Colfire should have a list of them on their website. I'd assume most of them are similarly applied by other companies. What I realised though was that there weren't a lot of options to get discounts with third party though.

When Colfire no longer insured my car fully comprehensive based on the age and the coverage went to third party, I still was entitled to the same discounts:

- No claims
- Second vehicle discount
- UWI graduate
- Worked within 20km from where I lived
- Payment with Republic Bank Limited issued credit card

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 25th, 2017, 9:38 am

I had Colfire up to 2011 and even though the list was long you were only entitled up to 4 discounts cumulatively. I just choose the largest 4 (Having a FCB Loan allowed a further increase to windscreen coverage at that time exclusive of the 4 discounts).

With Tatil the same applies...there is a maximum discount you can reach even if there are still other discounts available.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”