TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hi guys, can you give a lady some advice?

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dana72
Riding on 13's

Postby dana72 » October 31st, 2017, 5:00 pm

So I'm looking to buy a new SUV. I'm in love with the Kia Sportage, and I'm also strongly considering the Toyota Rav 4 and the Hyundai Tucson. What do you think would be the best one to buy fully loaded? What about after sales parts and service? Any thoughts, advice, experiences would be appreciated greatly. Muchas gracias! :rainbowafro:

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 31st, 2017, 7:45 pm

The Kia Sportage is a weak player from a weak dealership. The aim with SS and Kia is to offer a product that captures its audience with a lot of features but poor substance otherwise. If it’s bling you’re looking for then Sportage it is. You can get the Tucson though which is backed by a better dealer. The RAV4 is a solid performer but it’s expensive. You should also consider the CRV, Xtrail and my favorite, the Mazda CX-5 (if you don’t mind SS). The Ford Kuga deserves some mention as well.

dana72
Riding on 13's

Re: Hi guys, can you give a lady some advice?

Postby dana72 » October 31st, 2017, 9:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. Food for thought. I'm thinking I'll have to look at the CR-v and the CX-5 since so many people are recommending them.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 1st, 2017, 4:12 pm

Consider from now what are your priorities when aligned to your budget. If AWD is a must then many of the crossovers mentioned will be eliminated automatically. If you want leather seats and say a sunroof then your options will be shifted again. If you just want a well equipped crossover because you like the height it gives then vehicles like the Hyundai Creta, Chevrolet Trax, Suzuki Vitara, Nissan Qashqai, Mitsubishi ASX and Mazda CX3 can deliver for even less money. Then there’s the industry new comer but again from that dealership everybody seems to hate and that’s the Kia Niro from SS which is a hybrid. Test drive them and get a feel of how the brakes feel, the sensitivity of the steering, the shifting of the transmission and determine which one suits you best. The trend now is that more people are buying crossovers than sedans as of late and it doesn’t appear that this will turnaround in favor of sedans anytime soon. I sure would be interested in knowing which one will eventually get your vote if you don’t mind. Good luck!

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 7th, 2017, 7:48 pm

T32 xtrail with the mr or qr bess.

parts easy to locate, servicing could be done anywhere. Super simple.

my teacher got his hit, paid 12k for two doors, 6k for two axles ect. thats not bad.

InsanityReigns
3NE 2NR for life

Postby InsanityReigns » November 7th, 2017, 8:29 pm

Rav 4 is the better vehicle slight more hp than the xtrail

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 8th, 2017, 5:35 pm

:evil: ppl
Ted_v2 wrote:T32 xtrail with the mr or qr bess.

parts easy to locate, servicing could be done anywhere. Super simple.

my teacher got his hit, paid 12k for two doors, 6k for two axles ect. thats not bad.

The parts real cheap in the US. I paid $400 US for doors and $100 US for axles. $75 for spindles complete with brakes. The parts cheap at Massy but they always out of stock.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 8th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Not bad at all. Those prices are used or brand new?

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 8th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Just to clarify, there’s no T32 locally with a QR engine in it unless it was imported from Australia or similar country or imported LHD from NA. All T32’s are MR20DD in Trinidad whether it be Massy or roro. Is it that the axles for the QR25DE are the same for the MR20DD?

Oh and comparing a 2.0 rav4 to a 2.0 Xtrail is like comparing a 1.6 Sentra to a 1.6 Corolla as non has obvious performance superiority over the other.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 9th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Not bad at all. Those prices are used or brand new?

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

Used ,from a 2017 Rogue. Axles are the same. The doors were complete with regulators , glasses everything ,the only thing is that you have to use the original harness, because of the difference in the LHD and RHD master control switch being on the opposite side. The new prices not bad either ,for all the times when Massy says they don't have parts in stock and the times when what they have is tagged for the body shop.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”