TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Will my warranty still be valid???

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

k_quk8v4
Riding on 13's

Will my warranty still be valid???

Postby k_quk8v4 » March 30th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Good day guys,
was wondering if i were to upgrade my pickup wheels from 16" to 20" would i void my entire warranty package.
e.g Would i just void the warranty on the suspension or would they void the entire thing
Don't want to make an upgrade like this and lets just say the van begins overheating, they try to pull a fast one on me for a problem that is not directly related to the modification done
Does anyone have any concrete facts
firm in question is a subsidiary of ANSA

rebound
Riding on 17's

Re: Will my warranty still be valid???

Postby rebound » March 30th, 2018, 8:43 pm

k_quk8v4 wrote:Good day guys,
was wondering if i were to upgrade my pickup wheels from 16" to 20" would i void my entire warranty package.
e.g Would i just void the warranty on the suspension or would they void the entire thing
Don't want to make an upgrade like this and lets just say the van begins overheating, they try to pull a fast one on me for a problem that is not directly related to the modification done
The best thing would be to set up a meeting with the Manager, write down what you agree upon and both sign....taking verbal advise is not advised....if something goes wrong later down the road they can easily change their tune......

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 2nd, 2018, 1:45 pm

You will void your suspension warranty only. Refer to your warranty booklet in terms of do's and donts. Also find out from the service manager what inch upgrade you would be allowed.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » April 2nd, 2018, 6:05 pm

Keep the 16's and just drop them back on when you going to the dealer...

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » April 3rd, 2018, 10:35 am

black start wrote:Keep the 16's and just drop them back on when you going to the dealer...

Agreed!!!

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » April 3rd, 2018, 11:04 am

black start wrote:Keep the 16's and just drop them back on when you going to the dealer...
Some firms have caught on to this

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » April 3rd, 2018, 3:23 pm

kg494EJ-1 wrote:
Some firms have caught on to this

They should. Who in their fcuking rite mind will want to put big rim with the poor roads we have. Not to mention the stress on suspension parts.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 3rd, 2018, 3:43 pm

k_quk8v4 wrote:Good day guys,
You will essentially void your entire drivetrain warranty.... And that is the most important one in my opinion.
Even if you put on factory rims in that size.
I went from oem 15 to oem 17 in my hilux and that is what they told me.

Bigger rims work the suspension harder and makes the effective gear ratio longer... Working the engine harder as well.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”