TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Fielder or wingroad

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chemist94
Riding on 13's

Fielder or wingroad

Postby Chemist94 » April 29th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Oh guys..got a predicament
I wanna buy a car right..my options are a RoRo wingroad 2014 or a PDH Fielder S type on 80,000km with no issues.
Any help will be appreciated
D man calling 90k for the fielder too

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Re: Fielder or wingroad

Postby pjfred » April 29th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Price on Toyota parts real high

Chemist94
Riding on 13's

Postby Chemist94 » April 29th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Yh I know but at the end of the day I looking at reliability so idk

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 30th, 2018, 6:46 am

nze parts fairly common
I've had both 121 and 141 fielders, there is no comparion with a wingsroad.
141 rides way better too. Fairly fuel efficient and faster than the nissan.
Not sure about the newer model fielder though but I guess it would be same/updated nze engine.
The only thing is the cvt gearbox is a little troublesome to chagne the oil which should be done every 30k or so I think.
The air condition compressor goes bad though like in many of the newer compressors using solenoid valve.
Replaced it with older model compressor and no problem.

btw toytota suspension parts last 10times longer than nissan, bushings etc
ask any machine shop

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » April 30th, 2018, 9:04 am

in terms of car age the nissan would technically be the better buy eh but i own a fielder and i would never choose a nissan.

the parts are pricey but as pugboy said they last way longer once you buy oe spec parts and the difference in ride comfort is not even comparable. best you see if you can drive both cars and which ever feels better go with that one. remember you will be driving it for a while so go with what you will enjoy more

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 1st, 2018, 12:03 am

Wingroad because it’s newer. How old is that fielder? Roro PDH sounds like a 2008/2009 model. Also chances are that 80k kms you think it’s doing is actually more as more than likely it was rolled back previously.

Chemist94
Riding on 13's

Postby Chemist94 » May 1st, 2018, 7:57 pm

pugboy wrote:nze parts fairly common
I've had both 121 and 141 fielders, there is no comparion with a wingsroad.
141 rides way better too. Fairly fuel efficient and faster than the nissan.
Not sure about the newer model fielder though but I guess it would be same/updated nze engine.
The only thing is the cvt gearbox is a little troublesome to chagne the oil which should be done every 30k or so I think.
The air condition compressor goes bad though like in many of the newer compressors using solenoid valve.
Replaced it with older model compressor and no problem.

btw toytota suspension parts last 10times longer than nissan, bushings etc
ask any machine shop
I checked the cvt oil and it's still redish..no signs of brown so it's still good..its costly to change that oil..and well for the compressor ik ppl who just replace the solenoid and they was good to go..so I leaning more on the fielder

Chemist94
Riding on 13's

Postby Chemist94 » May 1st, 2018, 7:59 pm

cueball1990 wrote:in terms of car age the nissan would technically be the better buy eh but i own a fielder and i would never choose a nissan.

the parts are pricey but as pugboy said they last way longer once you buy oe spec parts and the difference in ride comfort is not even comparable. best you see if you can drive both cars and which ever feels better go with that one. remember you will be driving it for a while so go with what you will enjoy more
Where you go to get your oem parts?

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » May 3rd, 2018, 9:21 am

Chemist94 wrote:
cueball1990 wrote:in terms of car age the nissan would technically be the better buy eh but i own a fielder and i would never choose a nissan.

Where you go to get your oem parts?

Depends on the part. usually you can get by with parts by not buying the cheapest option available. most of these cars use branded parts but they dont actually make any of them. but if you like using genuine parts you can usually get them at gobins auto in st augustine and chaguanas auto supplies. i use whats available as i am not always able to afford the oem parts. sometimes aftermarket parts may actually be stronger than original parts but like i said its subjective and heavily depends on where the parts are made. most of the japanese made replacements tend to be fine. i try to stay away from cheap chinese made stuff

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » May 3rd, 2018, 4:15 pm

Check the price of a Toyota fielder engine, Transmission, find out about the carbon build up in head.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » May 21st, 2018, 2:20 pm

Rite b15 compressors workin on them fielder eh, saw a bess one for 95 with sunroof n 1.8 engine on treeknee cars.

Chemist94
Riding on 13's

Postby Chemist94 » May 29th, 2018, 10:44 pm

For future reference..abybody knows a reliable person to change transmission fluid in these sealed systems?
Average cost and person number would be great

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”