TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

How to deal with a dishonest, scammer mechanic?

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ElleJ
Riding on 13's

How to deal with a dishonest, scammer mechanic?

Postby ElleJ » September 18th, 2018, 7:00 pm

So I'm new to this forum, but want some advice on dealing with a mechanic I had a recent encounter with,.

Yes I'd take some jamming for wholeheartedly trusting this ass, but he was recommended by a family friend so I thought de man was good. Mechanic is from Carapo.

Anyways, I have a TiIda that I inherited, 9 years old. Man took a look at my engine told me that I'd have to change injectors, change the fuel pump (because fuel gauge was giving problems) fuel was leaking in certain places and a whole host of other things. He get real giddy and excited....steups...It took him 3 days to do everything, and he gave me back my car, painted up the old parts to look like new ( telling me they were new parts he bought) and told me everything was changed. When I got it back the first day the car wouldn't accelerate so had to take it back only to realize a part he said he was supposed to change , he never did. That should have been a warning. He changed it but that took him another 2 days to fix. Another warning.

So far the car seems to be working fine, but i have a suspicion this man did nothing to my car, kept it for a few days because he needed a car to use and gave me back. Although I kept asking him for receipts can't get any receipts for the work he did. He assured me in the brginning that i would be given recipts for work done. He showed me parts he would have changed and took out of my car, but that could be a show and I am several thousands of dollars out of pocket.

As for the family friend whose car he did work on, her car is now inoperable, and she has to get a new engine, because he did not work on it, but charged her for it.

So here are my questions 1. What legal redress do I or the other woman have in getting this man brought to some sort of justice.?
2. If there isn't a legal way, anybody has an alternative method to dealing with him?
3. Why isn't they some registry/ list of dishonest/ scam mechanics so people can either blast them online and know to stay away from them?

I figured he saw an opportunity since I'm not familiar with any mechanics in trinidad, having recently moved to trinidad, that I'm unattached and that I was very wary of going to Massy since I felt they had done a piss poor job of maintenance.

Any info would be appreciated.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: How to deal with a dishonest, scammer mechanic?

Postby Ted_v2 » September 19th, 2018, 5:20 am

cut yuh losses and move on.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » September 19th, 2018, 10:48 am

OP, take Ted advice. Things in TT real bad and is Carapo too eh! Careful the man have thing hide up and buss a cap in yuh tail. What I would usually do is, go buy the parts and bring it for the mechanic to change. Wait for the mechanic to change it as well. Ah mean I would give the mechanic a easy up as he doesn't have to do the running around for parts. I hardly leave my vehicle by any mechanic, unless I don't have a choice. Even if I have to leave it, no overnight.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 20th, 2018, 2:21 pm

The man paint the fuel pump and injectors and make it look new. He not easy.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » September 20th, 2018, 3:44 pm

rspann wrote:The man paint the fuel pump and injectors and make it look new. He not easy.

:lol: :lol: you get take,shoulda cut your losses by the time you realize he said "he forgot to change a part he was suppose to" and carry your car somewhere else. A sucker is born every minute,that time it was you, move on.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » September 22nd, 2018, 4:35 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:cut yuh losses and move on.
This.. unless you have time and patience, dealing with a smartman if you're a nice guy is failure...

Unless you know some goons, police or soliders to get back your money or recourse, this man going and real tie you up.

Just find a good mechanic

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 22nd, 2018, 4:37 pm

Shallow grave...doh waste time..

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » September 22nd, 2018, 6:47 pm

God don't sleep. Them same crooks will come into contact with a not so nice person eventually who will easily "done their days". But after you saw the situation the first rounds you should have never gone back. We have all spent bad money already!

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » October 2nd, 2018, 2:18 pm

if you need a link with a good mechanic inbox me. been with him for a few years and have had no major issues

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » October 29th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Im curious how much did he charge you?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”