TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

default vehicle

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

molly

default vehicle

Postby molly » October 24th, 2018, 11:08 am

If someone sold you a vehicle and in a week time you found out it needs a transmission and they refuse to compensate you for the problem, is there any way you can get back your money?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: default vehicle

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 24th, 2018, 11:13 am

what were the stated/written conditions of sale?
usually used vehicles are sold "as is", with no warranty expressed or implied.

molly

Postby molly » October 24th, 2018, 11:25 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:what were the stated/written conditions of sale?
usually used vehicles are sold "as is", with no warranty expressed or implied.

When i bought the vehicle i told the vendor about a jerk i received while driving the vehicle. I advised the vendor that i would carry the vehicle for a check and and report accordingly, the vendor and I agreed that i keep her updated because she was aware of the jerking. However now that the check was done they refuse to be held liable.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 24th, 2018, 11:26 am

Verbal agreements are binding. Speak with a lawyer

molly

Postby molly » October 24th, 2018, 11:37 am

Thanks for your help.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 25th, 2018, 2:53 pm

A good rule is to have a mechanic check out the vehicle if you're not mechanically inclined. A pre-action protocol letter from a lawyer is a good start if you had an agreement about compensation after the tranny was checked.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 25th, 2018, 4:07 pm

In my experience, courts typically do not reverse purchase agreements unless there is some clause on the purchase document itself that offers explicit warranty or there is evidence of fraud.

carholics
3NE 2NR for life

Postby carholics » October 25th, 2018, 7:57 pm

and what type of transmission it is..? and cost

Bigdogg_Nismo
Street 2NR

Postby Bigdogg_Nismo » October 26th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Just being brutally honest with you, forget all that silly talk about lawyer be real come on all that is he say she say talk with no proof. Plus what u going and spend in legal fees will be for nothing. Its best to count your losses and spend that money to replace/repair that tranny or sell the vehicle and incur a loss at this point you are going to lose. Just let this be a learning lesson in the future always bring a mechanic, people are dishonest when selling a used vehicle and the clause sold as is says it all..

terry101
Riding on 13's

Postby terry101 » October 27th, 2018, 7:26 am

I agree with both points and sometimes thats why you hear people get killed, their house get burned down or something negative happen to them, too much dishonest people.

The talk of the lawyer is valid points, they talk of lessons learnt is also valid and my talk about revenge................................................................................leave that to God

Move on

molly

Postby molly » October 30th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Bigdogg_Nismo wrote:Just being brutally honest with you, forget all that silly talk about lawyer be real come on all that is he say she say talk with no proof. Plus what u going and spend in legal fees will be for nothing. Its best to count your losses and spend that money to replace/repair that tranny or sell the vehicle and incur a loss at this point you are going to lose. Just let this be a learning lesson in the future always bring a mechanic, people are dishonest when selling a used vehicle and the clause sold as is says it all..
yes they are....i have decided to incur the loss

molly

Postby molly » October 30th, 2018, 3:39 pm

terry101 wrote:I agree with both points and sometimes thats why you hear people get killed, their house get burned down or something negative happen to them, too much dishonest people.

The talk of the lawyer is valid points, they talk of lessons learnt is also valid and my talk about revenge................................................................................leave that to God

Move on
Indeed....in future i would have the vehicle checked

MoeZilla
Riding on 13's

Postby MoeZilla » October 31st, 2018, 12:12 pm

What kind of vehicle is it? would it be easy to fix?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”