TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

SOLODEX RULES 2010

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » February 1st, 2010, 11:04 pm

MadCrix wrote:list them out here pls
and lets try to keep it clean. :wink:

Ok thanx boss. Not sure if the second statement was directed at me but ok. :roll:

My power to weight puts me in EP class with stock evo's and sti's....cars which have very efficient intercooling systems, whether front mounted or top mounted.

My car is supposed to have a water-to-air TMIC which unfortunately I did not get when I purchased it and is neither available nor financially feasible to implement.

I therefore have to resort to installing a custom FMIC system, similar to what an evo has. If I am using an evo fmic with the same sized piping as an evo, should I be penalized 1 point as per your rules and the evo man is not, because his is oem?

Next question...If I use a boost controller to attain a particular power level, based on which I am then classed, am I to still be penalized 3 points for using that controller while in class?

Next question...apart from boost and v-tec controllers, the revised rules speak nothing of aftermarket engine management systems, nor even race gas. Is it that these systems now do not have an effect on one's class via penalty points?

That's it for now until something else comes to mind. Thanks for a listening ear.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 2nd, 2010, 12:43 am

DEVI wrote:^ well what suspension do you have?....is it an after market shock and spring combo? or is it an oem shock with lowering springs....if its the latter then yes yuh still in esp....and with the combo you would be in SS, if you dont think u can be competitive in ss....well de-modify and stay in esp.
:? :?
my drastic "modifications" were not done for dex. and have been there for almost the life of the car. I will not be removing them.
i run what i brung. and i have a pretty good idea where my car stands in it's classing. so we'll see what "competition" you get.

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » February 2nd, 2010, 6:30 am

^ sigh....yes Karl...i am very " frightened " now.... :D

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » February 2nd, 2010, 6:42 am

GT4....let me make a response re your mods....a TMIC is known to not be as efficient as an FMIC....so whether your TMIC did not come with your car when bought cant matter to the rules....so it has to be a 1 pt....we did not penalize for aftermarket ecu/engine management and race gas because we cant check for these...so we hope to catch you on the dyno with all your power mods, boost controllers can be used to beat the dyno eg a guy says i only run 15psi...and on race day he runs 19 with the twist of a button....all cars with boost controllers will be penalized , me included :D

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » February 2nd, 2010, 8:35 am

gt4tified wrote:
MadCrix wrote:so 2601/216 = 12.01 whihc puts u in SS

Wrong. He said 216whp, so

1180 x 2.2 = 2596 / (216x1.15)

= 2596/248.4
= 10.45

10.45 = EP

but i'm a novice :(

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 2nd, 2010, 10:17 am

ho u i stand corrected. ralph is correct. ep for u :)

ralph, the keep it clean comment was not directed at u personally. but a general comment for all posters in this thread. and devi hit the explanation dead on wrt your question ralph.

sirbill
Trinituner Peong

Postby sirbill » February 2nd, 2010, 12:16 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
DEVI wrote:Karl...according to the rules as i see it ....you would have 1 pt for suspension ( springs) 2 pts for th anti roll bar and 4 pts for race tyres....total 7...which still leaves you in esp

so springs and shocks is just 1 point total?
ok. no problem.
so same question and ESP?

Karl,

What mods you have, (1) springs alone + sway bar or (2) shocks/springs + swaybar?

If (1), then ES (base class) + 1 (springs) + 2 (swaybar) = ES or ESP (R compound)

If (2), then ES + 3 (shocks/springs) + 2 (swaybar) = ESP (with +1 penalty carried in), or SS (R compound).

So you can choose any one of 3 classes to run in ES,ESP or SS based on what mods you bring to the dance. Would you be competitive? That's up to you isn't it?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 2nd, 2010, 12:35 pm

im in 2. whilst those things came on a close enough car, it's not OEM to my model.
and as far as competition goes, it takes a dumb knife to not know it's place in a gunfight. doesn't mean it won't join in the fray nonetheless. might still cause a few casualties.

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » February 2nd, 2010, 12:39 pm

so....

who else in NE1?

:mrgreen:

sirbill
Trinituner Peong

Postby sirbill » February 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Exactly (on the casualty issue :D). Plus in ESP, without R's, you still have 2 points worth of mods allowed? Like really fat non R tyres, or an OEM LSD that fits that car.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 2nd, 2010, 12:47 pm

i tell u already, we threw out n :roll: :roll:

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » February 2nd, 2010, 7:51 pm

honda hoe wrote:
gt4tified wrote:
MadCrix wrote:so 2601/216 = 12.01 whihc puts u in SS

Wrong. He said 216whp, so

1180 x 2.2 = 2596 / (216x1.15)

= 2596/248.4
= 10.45

10.45 = EP

but i'm a novice :(

But ho so am i.....and i runnin in my class.... :?

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » February 2nd, 2010, 7:54 pm

wagonrunner wrote:im in 2. whilst those things came on a close enough car, it's not OEM to my model.
and as far as competition goes, it takes a dumb knife to not know it's place in a gunfight. doesn't mean it won't join in the fray nonetheless. might still cause a few casualties.

wagonrunner.....i do not think that you are penalised as a shock/spring combo for having OEM shocks from another vehicle. I believe that rule is for like adjustable shock like a coil over or something....i am not sure tho, can someone correct me if i am wrong....

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » February 2nd, 2010, 8:53 pm

DEVI wrote:GT4....let me make a response re your mods....a TMIC is known to not be as efficient as an FMIC....so whether your TMIC did not come with your car when bought cant matter to the rules....so it has to be a 1 pt....we did not penalize for aftermarket ecu/engine management and race gas because we cant check for these...so we hope to catch you on the dyno with all your power mods, boost controllers can be used to beat the dyno eg a guy says i only run 15psi...and on race day he runs 19 with the twist of a button....all cars with boost controllers will be penalized , me included :D

Devi, thanks for taking the time to respond.

But the thing is the GT4RC came with a water-to-air TMIC, which is supposed to be as efficient as any OEM FMIC system. So if I didn't have the opportunity to get a car with this intercooler system installed and my only option is to go with a FMIC similar to what an evo has, I am getting penalized? This makes absolutely no sense.

Secondly, if you remove an aftermarket boost controller from your car, what is your stock (factory) boost? Not >15 psi? And if I do the same, then if my TVIS system is installed, I am limited by the factory to 11psi, if the TVIS has been deleted then I run only on wastegate pressure, which is 7 psi. How can this be fair? Can't the scrutineering on the day take into account how much boost competitors will be using? In any event, I can't see any awd car using more than 20-25psi on a dex course...anything more will be to their disadvantage.

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » February 2nd, 2010, 10:00 pm

^ ralph i hear you ...firstly the rules are there to make it fair across the board....reason for penalizing upgraded intercooler and piping is it does not really show up on the dyno( the fans at the dyno are not that efficient)....so an upgraded IC and piping will give gains at an event....unless you replace with an oem water to air TMIC i have no way of checking if you have gained HP by replacing with a FMIC.....so i have no choice but to stick to the rules....same scenario with the boost controller....how do i check what boost each competitor is running??...short of putting restrictors on turbos and locking there is no way....in fairness to every one i have no choice ...the rules prevail

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » February 2nd, 2010, 11:39 pm

Well, looks like I have to sell mih car after spending *withholds figure* on it to be competitive in EP this year and prolly buy yuh evo then. :lol:

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 3rd, 2010, 8:44 am

now yuh talking ralph... when yuh walkign with the cheque?

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » February 3rd, 2010, 5:40 pm

But Ryan, I didn't know there was a shared interest in the car???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

VK-Sportsman
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby VK-Sportsman » February 4th, 2010, 3:03 pm

The Anti roll/swaybars penalty for 2 points in Table 2 of the rules, does that apply to OEM swaybars on the vehicle or aftermarket swaybars?

Also, seeing in Table 3, there is a 2 point penalty for Upgraded brakes (calipers/rotors size increase). I am using a bigger rotor (247mm) than stock (232mm) on my Nissan B14, and using stock calipers.
Will this penalty apply for me if I am in the GS/HS/ES group?

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 4th, 2010, 4:00 pm

if your car did nto come with it and u add it then yes it is a penalty

yes brakes would be penalised.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 4th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Any weight additions for the driver? An "average" weight of 150lbs per driver could be added because the car doesn't drive itself so weighing the car alone if you want to be so "accurate" with the power:weight ratios that should be considered.

According to the internet, the Swift weighs 2300lbs, I dyno'd in Arima which allegedly rates lower than by Audi at 89hp. Hopefully I don't pick up more than 10whp when I go by Audi. :lol:

These rules make it seem more and more that its best to just leave your car stock. (which mine is :mrgreen:)

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 4th, 2010, 5:00 pm

we add 150lbs for driver to all cars

TRDcorolla
Riding on 18's

Postby TRDcorolla » February 4th, 2010, 8:18 pm

^ im 120lbs over that

new tranny broke down,,,, now i cant make the dyno day any how

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » February 4th, 2010, 10:52 pm

MadCrix wrote:we add 150lbs for driver to all cars

Fuss good thing allyuh do! :lol:

*prays nobody pulls out a bathroom scale on dyno day*

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » February 5th, 2010, 8:47 am

150lbs?

only?

buh mg man is a real fat ass

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » February 5th, 2010, 2:38 pm

MadCrix wrote:if your car did nto come with it and u add it then yes it is a penalty
yes brakes would be penalised.

thank god is only 60% of my weight. i getting more and more competitive as this thread goes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 5th, 2010, 2:40 pm

doh forget, if yuh car yellow... den 2 calss bumps by default

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » February 7th, 2010, 2:44 pm

MadCrix wrote:doh forget, if yuh car yellow... den 2 calss bumps by default

^^^so you running in F1 Class this year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue
Street 2NR

Postby Blue » February 12th, 2010, 10:57 am

I'm not sure I'm understanding clearly...
for parts listed in the table - is it

1. Adding these parts attract penalties but if the part is factory installed then it attracts no penalty (unless upgraded)
or
2. Adding these parts attract penalties but if the part is factory installed or OEM add for your year/model then it attracts no penalty (unless upgraded)

or
3. These parts attract penalties as long as they are on the car (weather factory installed or added)

The Rules for 2010 do not mention factory installed conditions.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » February 12th, 2010, 12:29 pm

blue.

basically

you car came from neal and massy with the part on it ( we are basing it on local cars and their options) then no points

if it came as an option and you add it, then u get points..
what parts exactly we talking bout?

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”