TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

BYCC 3 - Time to apply race line theory

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

Reyos
3NE2NR is my LIFE

BYCC 3 - Time to apply race line theory

Postby Reyos » May 22nd, 2010, 11:57 am

BYCC 3 will take place on June 13th 2010 at the ARC car park.
Now that half of the competitive year has passed it is now time to figure out what must be done in order to earn the bragging rights at the end of the year
After much analysis of the previous dex events for the year so far, the consistent error has been the use of wrong race lines and improper application of power. In an attempt to remedy this recurring problem a few of the drivers at dex has asked Mr. Ryan Peyru :twisted: to come out at BYCC 3 and sit in with us and coach us on the proper use of race lines and where to apply the power. We often read a lot about how to do it but I know that a common problem that I share with some of the other dexers is actually putting the theory to work. Mr. Peyru has gladly volunteered his time and expertise and is more than willing to help anyone that would like some help.
The BYCC will use the same format used at the fun runs from our last event. However, only similarly classed cars will be allowed at a time on the course and there will be a 15-20 second time interval between each car. This is to allow sufficient time for a driver to react should the person in front of him spin out.
One suggestion that I have is that we mark the apex on each turn and also make marks of where the driver should be when entering, midpoint and exiting a turn. This can be done with white shoe polish so that it can be washed off easily after the event.
Anyone can feel free to offer any suggestions or ask questions here.

For those who may not know Ryan Peyru, he is quite a cool person. Very easy to talk to and knows his stuff when it comes to race lines. He is quite often a spectator at dex and is always willing to assist anyone that wants help...

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: BYCC 3 - Time to apply race line theory

Postby X2 » May 24th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Nice....Sounds like it'll be a great event. Again, I won't make it to this one either....

Will talent or skill be on sale ?

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » May 24th, 2010, 7:47 pm

hoping to be there...that day is by birthday as well...no better way to spend it doing what i love, i will take advantage of ryan's presence and try to improve my driving for dex 4

Reyos
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Reyos » May 24th, 2010, 8:22 pm

X2 wrote:Nice....Sounds like it'll be a great event. Again, I won't make it to this one either....

2 in a row anthony??? you coming to dex 4 right??

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 24th, 2010, 9:04 pm

dammit
I was gonna sit this one out but guess not anymore!

d spike
Riding on 18's

Postby d spike » May 24th, 2010, 11:09 pm

MG Man wrote:dammit
I was gonna sit this one out but guess not anymore!

Likewise.

Understandable.

Butto...

(got carried away there... :lol: )

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 25th, 2010, 10:21 am

ROFL
pass by this week after work. I have a book on track techniques that you will find quite informative

d spike
Riding on 18's

Postby d spike » May 25th, 2010, 11:50 am

MG Man wrote:ROFL
pass by this week after work. I have a book on track techniques that you will find quite informative

That I will, lad... ummm... (is me yuh was talking to, right? :lol: )

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 25th, 2010, 11:54 am

I hope so

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » May 25th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Quiksilver wrote:
X2 wrote:Nice....Sounds like it'll be a great event. Again, I won't make it to this one either....

Well since dex 4 and bycc 3 switch places... I might actually make the dex 4 if it's July 25th...

Dates originally posted:

June 13th - SD 4

July 25th - BYCC 3

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » May 25th, 2010, 3:32 pm

MG Man wrote:ROFL

Ayee i was gonna pass this week for it....maybe even today lol....will call u

Reyos
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Reyos » June 7th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Been doing some reading about race lines and coming up with a lot of questions that I would liked answered on Sunday while driving with Mr.Peyrau...
Found an interesting tip while doing some reading. I can't remember where I saw it or what it said exactly...but this is what I understood from it. The most important turn is the one before your longest straight and the one after. Reason being is that if you set the turn up properly you can carry a lot more momentum out of the corner and into the straight. The corner after is important so that you know how to brake late and still take a proper line into the next corner.
It makes sense, but is trying to do this in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline rush is my problem....need the seat time
Hoping to use white polish to put marks on the course to indicate where the car should be when entering and exiting the corner.

Anyhow.......roll call for Sunday.
(1) Reyos

saltydog
CARS Member

Postby saltydog » June 7th, 2010, 7:59 pm

reyos that is true for all forms of driving but solodex is about smoothness, flowing lines and momentum. Remembering the course is 60% of the battle, when walking the course you should be looking at where you should be and consider setting up the for next corner. You have improved a lot over the years but I think there are times like all of us you are quilty of pushing too hard at the wrong time

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 7th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Quiksilver wrote:Been doing some reading about race lines and coming up with a lot of questions that I would liked answered on Sunday while driving with Mr.Peyrau...
Found an interesting tip while doing some reading. I can't remember where I saw it or what it said exactly...but this is what I understood from it. The most important turn is the one before your longest straight and the one after. Reason being is that if you set the turn up properly you can carry a lot more momentum out of the corner and into the straight. The corner after is important so that you know how to brake late and still take a proper line into the next corner.
It makes sense, but is trying to do this in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline rush is my problem....need the seat time
Hoping to use white polish to put marks on the course to indicate where the car should be when entering and exiting the corner.

(1) Reyos

hmm
that's something Karl has been saying for years....................

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 7th, 2010, 9:21 pm

MG Man wrote:
Quiksilver wrote:Been doing some reading about race lines and coming up with a lot of questions that I would liked answered on Sunday while driving with Mr.Peyrau...

(1) Reyos

hmm
that's something Karl has been saying for years....................

uhhh, more like try to practice. thanks to the input of fellas like fixables (and the whole then HS crew actually), and ggonzalves.

Reyos
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Reyos » June 8th, 2010, 7:50 am

it have alot of tips i read and hear all over the place...is actually doing it on the course that proved to be difficult....I would map out everything on the course before my run...but once i make a mistake anywhere i just lose it and push harder...have to find a way to remain calm....I think more seat time would help

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 8th, 2010, 9:10 am

the old adage of when you feel you are running slower, you score faster times, still applies. Overdriving and having to fight to correct ends up with you not being able to focus on the correct line. My times are much better since following Karl's advice regarding momentum and use of brakes.....

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » June 8th, 2010, 3:54 pm

meh cyar eh ready yet

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 11th, 2010, 3:36 pm

quiet in here boi...................anyway less cars = more track time yayy

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 11th, 2010, 3:38 pm

hoping to test fit them rims tomorrow. to see, if i can drive mine, either way i'll be there. now about that spare helmet that i can borrow...................

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 11th, 2010, 4:40 pm

i have Narend's old XXXXXXXXXXL helmet

d spike
Riding on 18's

Postby d spike » June 11th, 2010, 10:02 pm

MG Man wrote:i have Narend's old XXXXXXXXXXL helmet

I think you might need one that has at least two more Xs... Say what, soak it overnight in some Black Label... that way, either it will swell a bit more, or it will be supple enough for him to squeeze into... and if it fits too tightly, he'll be too busy enjoying the bouquet to complain... :lol:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » June 12th, 2010, 3:02 am

^^
my so and so called friends eh. :rofl:

d spike
Riding on 18's

Postby d spike » June 12th, 2010, 8:05 am

wagonrunner wrote:^^
my so and so called friends eh. :rofl:

Just trying to be helpful.

You'd prefer if he use vinegar instead?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » June 12th, 2010, 1:34 pm

d spike wrote:Just trying to be helpful.

You'd prefer if he use vinegar instead?

trying you say? :lol:

we can't tie one end to a root, the next end to a truck, and stretch it that way?

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”