TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Solodex 3 on Sunday 22 May 2011

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Solodex 3 on Sunday 22 May 2011

Postby NLVA200 » July 26th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Reyos wrote:hmmmm adding a air compressor to a car makes a big difference!!!:)

legal ss car that will be running in EP....should make for some good entertainment

are u sure u didn't mix up the black swifts? :lol:

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 26th, 2011, 7:30 pm

The PWR makes it an SS car or an ESP car?

Cuz.. lowering springs - 1pt, rear sway bar - 2 pts, intercooler - 1pt = 4points eh.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 26th, 2011, 8:19 pm

time for ah review of this springs and shocks rule............otherwise I gonna run Cooper S suspension.....

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » July 26th, 2011, 11:22 pm

hmmm...well the rule actually says upgraded intercooler and or piping 1 point refering to factory turbocharged cars...my build is a frankenstein, in which i turbocharged and put an IC ( it kinda dumb not to put an IC) so technically i didnt upgrade my IC since i never had one before:)....my ptwr puts me in SS and you are right about the other 3 pts...well i guess i'll wait for the commitee to decide..

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 26th, 2011, 11:49 pm

so upgrading an intercooler is a point, but ADDING one isn't?
and then since its a frankenstein, if u put in a better intercooler, then u can argue its not an upgrade, just a change, cuz the first intercooler was not factory anyway...........so still no points.......hmm........

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » July 27th, 2011, 6:28 am

good pt MG...still think its a grey area in the rules but to avoid accusations i will insist that my new base class with present points be EP...the plan for the remainder of the year anyway.

Reyos
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Reyos » July 27th, 2011, 11:40 am

When Devi's car visited the Dyno on Saturday I classed it as an SS car based on the modifications and the weight to power ratio.

I did not consider the intercooler as a bumpable point since his turbo project is a combination of parts from different vehicles...aka a Frankenstein build. If it was a factory turbo kit then I would have had grounds to say he added a bigger or smaller intercooler. As it is now, there is no reference point to say he increased the size or not. The stock intercooler that matches the turbo in his car is actually bigger, but it also came from a bigger twin turbo engine.

The base class was determined by his weight to power ratio. All possible upgardes he did to the engine's performance was checked on the dyno. I verified that the car has no boost controller or vvt switches. So as it stands I classed the car on it's weight/power ratio and the 3 modification points (springs and sway bar)

I classed the car as an SS car. If Devi chooses to run in EP, it is his choice. As far as I am concerned it is an SS car. If/when he does his brake upgrade, based on the points system he will be bumped into EP.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 27th, 2011, 12:29 pm

good ting nobody does take on reyos

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » July 27th, 2011, 2:44 pm

well i will take on Reyos :)

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » July 27th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Reyos wrote:When Devi's car visited the Dyno on Saturday I classed it as an SS car based on the modifications and the weight to power ratio.

I did not consider the intercooler as a bumpable point since his turbo project is a combination of parts from different vehicles...aka a Frankenstein build. If it was a factory turbo kit then I would have had grounds to say he added a bigger or smaller intercooler. As it is now, there is no reference point to say he increased the size or not. The stock intercooler that matches the turbo in his car is actually bigger, but it also came from a bigger twin turbo engine.

The base class was determined by his weight to power ratio. All possible upgardes he did to the engine's performance was checked on the dyno. I verified that the car has no boost controller or vvt switches. So as it stands I classed the car on it's weight/power ratio and the 3 modification points (springs and sway bar)

I classed the car as an SS car. If Devi chooses to run in EP, it is his choice. As far as I am concerned it is an SS car. If/when he does his brake upgrade, based on the points system he will be bumped into EP.

aha! lets see if we get a protest out of this one........a certain dexer like to protest

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » July 27th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Competition will only make me better :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No protest from me!!!

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Time for me to geh licks.. :x :x

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 27th, 2011, 6:01 pm

I only brought it up comin out of a previous arguement where people questioned why an upgraded intercooler should be a point if the car is being tested on the dyno with it installed.

I for one can't wait to see the perform Sunday. :) And hopefully I can get some tips on how to approach a project similar to this if I find the funds :lol:

(Also wanted to prepare ppl for/avoid any possible protests before they occur)

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 27th, 2011, 7:31 pm

pete wrote:I only brought it up comin out of a previous arguement where people questioned why an upgraded intercooler should be a point if the car is being tested on the dyno with it installed.

now since me eh know anything about turbo car (fact), is an intercooler designed to work better, the faster air is moving past it? would the air move faster past it while it's stationary on the dyno with the fans blowing at the same rate? can a dyno show the increase in performance of such an upgrade?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » July 27th, 2011, 9:49 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
pete wrote:I only brought it up comin out of a previous arguement where people questioned why an upgraded intercooler should be a point if the car is being tested on the dyno with it installed.

now since me eh know anything about turbo car (fact), is an intercooler designed to work better, the faster air is moving past it? would the air move faster past it while it's stationary on the dyno with the fans blowing at the same rate? can a dyno show the increase in performance of such an upgrade?

interesting point

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”