TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Driving School 1 2012

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

mazdamaniac
Trinituner Peong

Re: Driving School 1 2012

Postby mazdamaniac » February 25th, 2012, 12:24 pm

This one is a post carnival one time special. But don't worry cause there are things in the pipeline to give members more benifits than before.

krazy
Street 2NR

Postby krazy » February 25th, 2012, 3:19 pm

I'm not sure if i'll be able to make it to the driving school tomorrow........what i would like to know is whether driving school 2, 3, etc would be the same lesson as driving school 1 or will they be different...

mazdamaniac
Trinituner Peong

Postby mazdamaniac » February 27th, 2012, 6:37 am

We would try to have different lessons at each driving school but if requested we can recap points discussed in previous driving schools.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 28th, 2012, 12:18 am

so for those who weren't there, how about a review / synopsis:
who was the instructor
what were his/her credentials
what topics were covered
how many people attended
what was their feedback

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » February 28th, 2012, 7:49 am

MG, David Jaggs did the instruction, it covered very very basic stuff, from Tyre inflation (chalk was used in the practice sessions for novices to get an idea of their sidewall scrub) to seating position etc.

Nothing advanced. Vishnu and myself chimed in where necessary. The day was not well attended, I suspect due to rally and post carnival commitments.

The practical consisted of a stopping zone, a 180 and a 90 deg turn.

Later in the day we did the karting course for practice, two and three at a time. Barry Mykoo led the contingent on a walk through explaining stopping, cornering and lines in a very practical way.

Although not a huge turnout, a very successful and enjoyable day.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 28th, 2012, 9:24 am

^^^sounds like an excellent experience...this can be used to market the next event.........including pics, not just of cars on the course, but of the discussions, chalk-mark demo etc

A follow-up email should be sent to the general membership to get some feedback though....pretty sure not everyone didn't go to Reform..........me for example, I had personal commitments.......again, knowing WHY people did / didn't show would help with future events........also, knowing why people DID attend would be great for future planning...........for example, if there were any novices, things like how they found out about the event, why they chose to attend etc..........something formal, not just what is gleaned from casual conversation.........CARS used to have a feedback form that was handed out to competitors after events....that might be a useful tool as well.......

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » February 28th, 2012, 3:22 pm

i had a blast and got some valuable seat time in the evo before the start of competition next week.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 28th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Ignorant Ignis wrote:i had a blast and got some valuable seat time in the evo before the start of competition next week.

Thats great. you know the benefit of it.

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”