TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Solodex Driving School #3 - This Sunday Aug. 5th

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

CARSTT SoloDex
3NE 2NR for life

Solodex Driving School #3 - This Sunday Aug. 5th

Postby CARSTT SoloDex » August 2nd, 2012, 9:59 am

CARS is pleased to announce that we will be hosting our Driving School #3 & our and Time Attack event this Sunday August 5 at the Arima Race Club car park.

Mr. Devi Nath, a well respected Solodex driver and Honorary CARS member for the past 10 years, will cover the basics about car set up, as this was a topic of interest among the group.

The intent of our driving school is to demonstrate to our new drivers the proper technique involved at Solodex. Anyone who may be interested in learning proper race technique can attend the driving school and participate in the practical session after. Similar to our previous Driving School sessions, the day will be split into classroom sessions followed by Q&A, Practicals, Open Course runs and official timed runs.

In the afternoon portion of the event we'll have some more excitement for both drivers and spectators with our Solodex Time Attack. We'll be using the Drag & Wind course where two mirror courses will be set up and two drivers will be able to simultaneously race, side by side. So to you D&W'ers out there, this is an excellent opportunity to practice, without hitting barriers this time! Racing side by side with another driver adds extra adrenaline and this also presents a great opportunity to develop your concentration and discipline for Solodex, since overly-enthusiastic driving may actually hamper your time.

COST: $150.00 per driver
GATE FEE: $20.00 for non-members
TIME: 9:30am to 4:30pm
VENUE: Arima Race Club Car Park
TENT RENTALS - $325.00 for the day. Send email to carstt@gmail.com or call to Vishnu at 684-6911 or Anthony at 685-2811. Tent cost can be split by two persons.

Helmets are mandatory for driver and passenger and are available for rental on the day for $45.00 if you don't own one. Also note our dress code restrictions for participants - the use of open toe shoes, short pants and sleeveless shirts while on the course is prohibited.

See you there at the ARC this Sunday!

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Solodex Driving School #3 - This Sunday Aug. 5th

Postby ng357 » August 4th, 2012, 2:37 am

anyone wanna go half half on a tent with me?

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » August 5th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Today was freaking awesome, at first I wad kinda bummed when the rain started but it turned to be a great opportunityto face fears, find limits, surpass them and return to full control while not murdering your tyres. Thank you Devi for a refresher on the basics, thank you CARS, and thanks you drivers for coming out and supporting this event, I hope you all enjoyed the seat time.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » August 5th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Sorry I had to leave early :(

zakowski
Street 2NR

Postby zakowski » August 5th, 2012, 8:44 pm

I had a ball , the corolla was running sweet and sliding all the way lol though very much managed.Thanks to Devi , Gen , Dave , Kes , Ronald , David , Pete , Moses , Amit , Haresh , Jai , Devon , Venus , Dwayne , Larry , Trevor , ANP , HN Racing , and all the gang who came out to support the cause and put on a good event .

Tsuchiya
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Tsuchiya » August 5th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Agreed...cant say thanks enough for the track time and putting up with me and my...umm...driving style :) :lol:

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » August 5th, 2012, 8:56 pm

today was a blast, lots of fun and lots of practice, and d great thing was that rain didnt stop d event a all, was feeling real sorry for d stig ""devi"" tho lol d man take all that soakin in d rain and kept calling race after race after race, thanks Devi and the whole CARSTT crew for putting such a great event

rado
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rado » August 5th, 2012, 10:59 pm

whizpig wrote:... at first I wad kinda bummed when the rain started but it turned to be a great opportunityto face fears...

Yeah....after your last excursion, I can well understand what you mean :) Sorry I could not stay for the head to head.

whizpig wrote:....return to full control while not murdering your tyres. ...

Well murdering tires at dex is more fun than it was in my motorcyle days :lol: During the first practice run in the dry, I purposely left a few 30 foot lines after the hairpin for good measure. :!:

Mind you.. when I get some decent tires I'll be more conservative.... or then again, I may just get some more foreign used for driving school days :mrgreen:

All in all, the day was Wicked COOL!

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » August 6th, 2012, 7:28 am

glad to hear this guys....think i saw a few more people trying better race line etc....so at least a few listened:) and even tho a few CARS commitee members were not there due to various emergencies, help from you guys the competitors pulled thru to make it another great event.. :)

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » August 6th, 2012, 10:13 am

Gosh, so sorry I didnt make it. Was mashed upbad yesterday and today still. :(

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby NLVA200 » August 6th, 2012, 12:59 pm

i'm happy to hear everyone enjoyed the event.

my apologies for not being able to make it.

much thanks to the committee members and competitors for helping the CARS family make the event possible. with people like you all, it really feels like a family.

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » August 6th, 2012, 7:25 pm

was really a good event, picked up a few new stuff and was able to put it to some use. was happy with the whole day! when i saw the rain i thought it wud spoil tings too but the participants and organizers didnt let that come in the way, esp devi. thanks a lot!!

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » August 6th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Opening remarks by Devi at driving school:

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » August 6th, 2012, 9:37 pm

T'was a well organised day......nicely done

now Narend ...where the pics?

GTi Guy
Sweet on this forum

Postby GTi Guy » August 6th, 2012, 11:04 pm

loads of fun. learnt alot, need more practice! :D... looking forward to the next event...

and pics!

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » August 7th, 2012, 9:19 am

sorry i couldnt make it ..... had a prior engagement

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » August 7th, 2012, 4:48 pm

pics narend pics!! lol lol dis camera man get soaked in d rain takin pics lol well done

GTi Guy
Sweet on this forum

Postby GTi Guy » August 7th, 2012, 8:10 pm

forgive the novice driving... and didnt edit the video so can stop watching by 1:20

Da panty christ
Street 2NR

Postby Da panty christ » October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am

hi really looking forward to this event...just asking where do i sign up for driving school and what time i have to be at the event?
not ready yet for time attack :?

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 2nd, 2012, 8:46 am

^ sorry boss, Driving school #3 was the last driving school for the year, but luckily for you, somebody made a video of some of what was done at the last driving school, which happened to be a much needed reiteration of the basics, as delivered from the point of view of one of the best. Also at the regular events, which there are two more for the year (sunday Oct. 7th and November 11th), there are fun runs, time permitting, which is an excellent and cheap way to get some seat time in. i hope my response was helpful and i look forward to seeing you on the track :)

Da panty christ
Street 2NR

Postby Da panty christ » October 2nd, 2012, 11:38 am

hahaha shyt swear nah cuz i keep hearing it have one this sunday lol dat date ketch meh boi lol well yea that should be good gimme some time to add more stuff :twisted:

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 2nd, 2012, 7:38 pm

not sure what you mean by more stuff or your level of driving skill, but here's a huge tip, tires and suspension make the biggest impact other than improving your driving skill, lol heck you still need driver skill to take advantage of tires and suspension upgrades, and thus i wouldn't suggest you go running down more power for autocross aka solodex.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 2nd, 2012, 8:18 pm

Da panty christ wrote:hahaha shyt swear nah cuz i keep hearing it have one this sunday lol dat date ketch meh boi lol well yea that should be good gimme some time to add more stuff :twisted:

there is a competition event this sunday. all allowed to enter.
http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=463808

Da panty christ
Street 2NR

Postby Da panty christ » October 3rd, 2012, 7:07 pm

well already have suspension & brakes covered wouldnt hurt to get a set of r888

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 3rd, 2012, 9:30 pm

^ ahmmm Mr. panty, if this is your first time to dex, doh worry about getting r888, in fact ti think they have a rule against it since a car almost roll over due to the grip provided by race tires. I might need correction on this, but i believe anything with more than 140 tread wear is good for a beginner, of course if you've been dexing before, you can completely disregard this post

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”