TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

CARS EGM 26th June 2014

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

CARSTT SoloDex
3NE 2NR for life

CARS EGM 26th June 2014

Postby CARSTT SoloDex » May 26th, 2014, 8:28 pm

All members ,
This message serves notice for the calling of an EGM or extraordinary general meeting on the 26th of June, 7:00pm at Mosportt Bar Frederick Settlement Caroni. The purpose of this meeting is to make the provisions for filling two recently vacated spots on the executive committee namely:

1.Head of Publications

2.Secretary
Also other matters for discussion to the general membership are open for comment and proposal at the meeting. Please be advised only registered members can vote via nomination and a second vote confirming the person for the post. See you there.

Regards ,
CARS Executive. :D

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: CARS EGM 26th June 2014

Postby MG Man » June 2nd, 2014, 11:37 am

can you guys post a proper agenda?????
IIRC issues discussed at the last dex included penalties for not marshalling, changing dex dates etc
It makes no sense for people to show up to an EGM to debate what should be discussed....members should have an idea of what they will be voting on before the event, so they can prepare.....at least invite members to propose topics / points of discussion before the EGM.....
:-/

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 2nd, 2014, 11:53 am

things being discussed in thsi forum, with little or no input / feedback from Exec
wagonrunner wrote:In 2007 when I was head of dex, prizes (trophies) were allotted as such.

Sometime when Vishnu was head of dex, i remember the vote allowing classes to be constituted by just two entrants allowing for a 1st place trophy there.
2nd place required four. and third place required six.

Other the past few years, I've noticed 1'st and 2nd place trophies being given out in class of three, in one case even two entrants.
And the stance taken is third place trophies are too costly (even when more than six people entered the class).
so 6+ entries cannot pay for three trophies, but 3 entries can pay for two.

Please indicate your opinion of how those prizes / trophies should be awarded by using the poll. Thanks.

Ignorant Ignis wrote:im fine with the 2 - 4 - 6 arrangement

but on a different note .... how about getting back your name on the trophy considering trophies aren't given out on the competition day?

MG Man wrote:The key to sustainability has always been numbers. There must be a break even target number. I would be willing to pay an extra $100 for a tent if it helped the club. That's just $50 more per person of you share a tent

wagonrunner wrote:
adriano7910 wrote:would the financials of the club be available to members for suggestions to be made. not me but all interested members.

i don't even know if the head of finance checks the forums anymore. I've requested such for each event gone which is supposed to be done (according to the constitution), and still waiting.

when we have a growing membership, every exec pats itself on the back......when it starts to die off, nobody has a clue why...........but yet
moti wrote:Honestly, I don't care anymore.

I will now enjoy and welcome the 180's and any other slow course.

Pete replies more to stuff like below than the exec:
sound boy 64 wrote:as the post above said.

vehicle will be wrecked into the venue.

The last time I ran a full season was 2007....after three events this year, I feel the way moti does............I look around and listen to competitors, and there are similar echoes...........
yes it's hard to get feedback on the day but we have a forum that may or may be relevant...nobody knows.....

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 2nd, 2014, 2:38 pm

I just try to pass on any knowledge I can here. I'm not on the exec any more and hopefully what I say is correct or is being read by the executive who will correct me if I'm wrong.

WRT the courses, are there any that we can go back and say "wow that was a fast course" and maybe repeat it / throw in a couple variations? I would suggest we have a "Autocross course history" thread here where we could update the first post each time there is an event and just put the date and autocross number/year.

That way people could rate the courses after and we could develop a set of 7 courses that are repeated every year as a season like in F1.

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » June 27th, 2014, 8:42 am

once again no one showed up

kliq
Riding on 13's

Postby kliq » June 30th, 2014, 9:18 pm

how was the meeting?
what was discussed?
where days for future competitions decided/confirmed?
were the committee vacancies filled and by whom?
autoX4 is scheduled for Sun 6th July is this confirmed?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 2nd, 2014, 12:20 pm

Supposed to be on..

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”