TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Incorrect classing of cars at Solodex

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Re: Incorrect classing of cars at Solodex

Postby Ignorant Ignis » September 26th, 2014, 9:49 am

just to clear things up ....... my car does not have any lsd or ayc connected. lol

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » September 27th, 2014, 11:45 pm

How a evo 6 have NO LSD? I asking eh cuz I really ain't sure but I find it hard to believe

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » September 29th, 2014, 8:41 am

the evo 6 gsr came with open diff infront and AYC in the rear ....

only the tommi and RS editions came with lsd

Kazuya_chris
Riding on 13's

Postby Kazuya_chris » September 29th, 2014, 9:56 am

I think the WRX in question needs points assigned for coilovers, sway bars, intercooler and boost controller.

Anybody saw that super sick red cefiro kill off 21 cars to win 60s bracket yesterday??
Hott damnn..

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » September 29th, 2014, 1:18 pm

^^^^^roflmao ...... congrats again on a well deserved win

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 29th, 2014, 1:33 pm

I wish I could afford ah LSD for de HSR :(
and ITBs :(
and 15s with good tyres :(
and head work :(
and driving skills :(

JJustCool
Street 2NR

Postby JJustCool » September 29th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Kazuya_chris wrote:I think the WRX in question needs points assigned for coilovers, sway bars, intercooler and boost controller.

Anybody saw that super sick red cefiro kill off 21 cars to win 60s bracket yesterday??
Hott damnn..

Lol yeah boy that cefiro rocks.

Just to clear things up....... that WRX doesn't have a boost controller connected.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » September 29th, 2014, 5:38 pm

MG Man wrote:You seem surprised. Go to the religion ched and say Jesus was a gay hippie and I guarantee you someone from CARS will find time to reply

Blasphemy

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Re: Incorrect classing of cars at SolodexS

Postby Aaron 2NR » September 30th, 2014, 11:16 am

so removing the factory boost solenoid and replacing it with either a aftermarket boost controller (manual or electronic) or any other device to control boost carry no point penalty??

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 30th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Weird

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Re: Incorrect classing of cars at SolodexS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » September 30th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:so removing the factory boost solenoid and replacing it with either a aftermarket boost controller (manual or electronic) or any other device to control boost carry no point penalty??

to me it makes now sense giving points for a manual boost controller as boost setting should have been declared at the dyno and can be check on the day.

electronic only as they can be adjusted while driving.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » September 30th, 2014, 2:57 pm

^ amir lets be real, there are people who will turn boost down to dyno and increase afterwards....just my simply putting in a pill in ur vac line can increase the boost while leaving the boost controller turned all the way down.....unless there is someway to verify figures before a day's event, people will find ways to "bend the rules"

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » September 30th, 2014, 3:10 pm

My problem is the sway bar rule.
We are in modern times and 90% of non basic cars have them.
So why is this a point?

If the basic models don't have them and they feel that this will assist in making them more competitive then GET one.
Don't penalize the people whose cars have them, just give the people who don't have it the option of installing it without any points.

Cause to be honest I rather remove mines and see what big difference it makes.

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » September 30th, 2014, 4:42 pm

stock sway bars should also not be a point.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 30th, 2014, 6:39 pm

MG Man wrote:
cinco wrote:while we at it
points for sway bars is retarded

if sway bars attract points, then so should coil suspension. my car has leaf springs, so every other car with coil springs is at an unfair advantage

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 30th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Ignorant Ignis wrote:stock sway bars should also not be a point.

Righto, upgraded from stock should be the added point.
I run with car with abs and I have none. At slightest application I lock up but as with most things give and take one for another.
During the years competition, cars should be given a little more attention to see if the dyno day scenario still holds true.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 30th, 2014, 7:14 pm

What do people mean by stock
Type r sway bars and suspension are stock.. If I have an exi and fitted the setup. Is it "stock"... its the same model (civic)in the family (honda) of vehicles.

Neo vvl engine in first gen primera... is it stock. ... Again same model (primera) in the family (nissan) of vehicles

Silvia brakes on primera... Same family

Or do you mean exactly how it was equipped from factory. .. That particular spec.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » September 30th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Well said....that's the point I believe Chris is making...are the points awarded to only aftermarket parts or oem from a different model?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » September 30th, 2014, 8:02 pm

I believe that initially the penalty points were really to discourage people from modifying their cars. To try to keep the events so that anyone could bring any vehicle off the street and have some fun throwing it around some corners.

Since then the foreign used market exploded, you were able to get performance parts from racing models fairly easily. With the sway bar example, it has become fairly difficult to tell what sway bar is installed. Who's walking with a vernier to check if someone has an upgraded sway bar?

If upgraded sway bar brings points shouldn't changing to poly bushings on the stock sway bar also bring the same points? There's less flex and therefore less body roll and better control.

Where do we draw the line? Who is really going to be checking all this and HOW are they going to check all this? The system is probably too complex as it is and we might need to look at either simplifying it or get more people to volunteer to help check cars..

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » September 30th, 2014, 8:24 pm

I'm going to jump into another field here but like in sq competitions that Shazad has, a build log is kept or provided by the person entering and with this day of technology simple pics on your phone work as your log. No one gonna open a car door to check how a speaker is terminated but one you have the pics you are awarded your points.
If persons cannot be honest in order to keep a level playing field then these kinda things has to be implemented

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 4th, 2014, 8:05 am

All this and we forget what I start this thread for....that "wrx" is not a SS car....it may have started out the year as one but the owner is well aware the car is a shadow of what it once was.....I paying my money to see that car do 173whp on the dyno.....you better start de-tuning and changing turbo etc because I Coming to see it make that.
That said car running times comparable to 300+whp cars at drag and wind.....is either them figures ain't matching up or god with him and I highly doubt is the latter

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 4th, 2014, 8:44 am

Organise a dyno for the week after the final Competition of the year... Maybe

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 4th, 2014, 8:56 am

Honestly what the problem here is the integrity of the competitors and quite frankly if the majority of people are sand bagging to win then maybe you need to rethink this entire sport and its classifications because in the end you are only going to end up with a rule book with soo many technicalities and people being penalized for every single bolt in the vehicle they may just move on to another organisation to compete in...i have said this before and for a dying sport with other options available for racing your commitee needs a major overhaul....... and yes your sport is dying as financially you have not grown from inception or you prefer to remain as a grassroots organisation if so then accept the reality of dwindling competitors spectators and keep begging for marshals with the threat of pts in the end many will only juat come to compete for the day and not care about championship pts as the overall reward at the end of the year cannot compensate for monies spent on racing for the entire year or encourage to continue competing
My comments are based on my experience with my involvement in an international competition body and the issues at hand are similar even though its a different sport. Administrative marketing and budget issues are the same.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 5th, 2014, 7:46 pm

SR I never suggested changing the rules to penalize every bolt and make things even more complicated...only that the current rules be enforced.
I have seen multiple photos of the car in questions engine bay and it DOES have a boost controller despite what the owner is claiming...I am willing to pay te protest fee as soon as I get back in the country and have this car re-dynod and re-scrutineered, if after all of this the car does still fall within SS class I will rest my case BUT I will ensure that on every race day that car is scrutineered to make sure nothing was thrown back in after the protest scrutineering.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 5th, 2014, 7:47 pm

I was not present today but I have heard that the car was allowed to run in SS again today.....can someone from the committee give some kind of response?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 6th, 2014, 9:03 am

i could bet you noone gonna reply lol

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » October 6th, 2014, 9:06 am

Chris..... i'm sorry to say ... but this is a public forum and the committee will not reply here as this is not the right place to discuss club matters.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 6th, 2014, 9:09 am

Chris like i told you before

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 6th, 2014, 9:13 am

Ignorant Ignis wrote:Chris..... i'm sorry to say ... but this is a public forum and the committee will not reply here as this is not the right place to discuss club matters.

that is incorrect
When I was head of publications, we could not get the passwords and info to keep the forums in carstt.com running. That's when we approached Duane and elected to create this forum here, so club activities could be discussed. This forum IS the official CARS forum and the its intended use is for the committee to interact with members. Unfortunately, past presidents have chosen to ignore this fact, going so far as to say nobody on the CARS committee is obligated to respond to anything here.
That fuqquery was perpetuated for so many years, that it seems to have been accepted as the norm now. Ryan Ramsaran will remember when we decided to approach Duane to host the CARS forum here

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 6th, 2014, 9:33 am

btw Amir, if what you say is true, explain to me why if you click on the 'forum' link on ww.carstt.com, it redirects you to THIS forum...

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”