TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Exec please get the rules straight

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Exec please get the rules straight

Postby chris1388 » March 9th, 2015, 2:44 pm

As the post says, I just want to make a call for the exec as a team to please all be on the same page and know the rules so that solodex can be as fair as possible.

On sunday gone, I noticed a car running R1R tires which is 140TW. I then remembered the 2015 rules which were just recently sent out having a change with regard to that very same thing. The rules now says if you are 140TW you receive 1 penalty point, if you are over 141 then no points and below 140 is termed a race tire and an immediate class bump.

I could not remember exactly what the rules said at the time, but I knew some change had been made with regard to that from when I skimmed through the rules. I brought this to the attention of a committee member and the response was, "Don't worry about that, that is a typo", so I left it as is. Upon returning home, I checked the rules back and surely this cannot be a typo.

Exec, I've seen countless instances like this in the recent past. If the exec does not even know the correct thing, then who is going to enforce these rules and ensure that competitors abide by them?

Another query I have is the points for ALL sway bars regardless if it came with the car or not, whether it is in front or in the rear....same amount of points. I'd like to hear the members views on this because basically, what you are saying is almost no car in solodex will start with a clean slate.....almost all cars will be penalized from the get go.....this makes no sense to me.

If, however this is the case......have all the cars that were at the dyno day been subject to this rule? Does everyone have points attributed to them for their stock sway bars?
I think an electronic document should be posted with all the cars and the penalties awarded to them and the total amount of points shown.

I say this, because going back to my first point, I do not trust that these rules are being rolled out and applied equally to all the cars by the exec.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Exec please get the rules straight

Postby pete » March 9th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Suggestion to the executive: You could have the rules printed out for competitors to read through on the day and could also be used to clarify issues one time.

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » March 11th, 2015, 10:16 am

I accrued points for sway bars (they came with the FC suspension, along with bigger brakes, which I got points for as well).
other than that, I got points for coilovers, lsd and boost controller.

which car had the r1Rs on?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 11th, 2015, 10:34 am

Apparently R1R are not supposed to attract a point. I guess the executive are going to address this soon.

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » March 11th, 2015, 10:44 am

The rules will be sorted out soon and all matters will be addressed.

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » March 14th, 2015, 9:21 am

any update?

I think Chris' idea of a soft copy list of drivers, their cars and penalty points awarded is a good one. it should keep a healthy level of transparency amongst racers and the doubtful.

as far as I remember, the sway bar rule has been in effect a while now, my first competition year I ran in NE2 (noob class) with the ae111 Corolla, stock as a duck, and my only penalties the following year were sway bars.
I'm not sure how changing that rule now will affect classing of cars which has begun already.
I have no problem with it as is, but in a perfect scheme, I wouldn't penalize Oem sway bars either. just upgraded units.

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”