Caribbean Rally Championship

Official Rally Forum -
Please visit www.rallytrinidad.com for more info on Rally

Moderators: sio, rcadiz, 3ne2nr Mods

logic246
3NE 2NR for life

Caribbean Rally Championship

Postby logic246 » July 21st, 2009, 3:35 pm

With the current state of WRC cars and other machinery we have in the Caribbean , it would be nice to see if at least 3 of the clubs in the region can come together and start back the CRC . I know th logistics may be daunting but we have the baseline for 3 great rallies in the region already , those being rally Barbados , rally Trinidad and rally Jamaica , what would be nice if there was a balance between the gravel and tar , like 2 tar events and 2 gravel , what d you guys think?

You guys can also see what other people think of it on zhaust and wheels Jamaica by clicking these links.

http://www.zhaust.com/forum/index.php?t ... msg_661721

http://www.wheelsjamaicahost.com/wheels ... c=117956.0

Mini
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mini » July 21st, 2009, 5:06 pm

One of the key points is that all three clubs may have slightly different rules with regards to car classification.

This is an easy fix.

The biggest problem I can see is funding. A shipping partner would go a long way, as well as say a hotel chain with hotels in each island. Having someone like Caribbean Airlines that flies to each of the islands would also help defray costs. Not to mention having a rental car company (with branches or affiliates in each island)

This of course added to title sponsor for the series.

After that it's pretty much up to the individual teams.

The points system shouldn't be a problem.

As you said.. it's logistics... Ideally one (or two) persons from each club has to come together almost on a full time basis to come up with the planning

Not out of our reach though

logic246
3NE 2NR for life

Postby logic246 » July 21st, 2009, 9:00 pm

It is not out of reach , the hardest part is getting a common hotel ,as this year in rally Barbados they used divi south winds and in Jamaica they use the Hilton , i have no doubt a shipping company would be a problem as the 2 clubs in Barbados and Jamaica use their preferred shipping company but once again having one common shipping company would be nice.

De Bench
Riding on 17's

Postby De Bench » July 22nd, 2009, 7:58 am

Mini wrote:As you said.. it's logistics... Ideally one (or two) persons from each club has to come together almost on a full time basis to come up with the planning

This is a great idea!!!

Kev, I really do admire your commitment to the sport and it's great to see you volunteering to help on the TTRC side, best of luck to you !!!!

Rx Sporting
Riding on 13's

Postby Rx Sporting » July 23rd, 2009, 11:01 am

Interesting topic, I am surprised a lot more persons haven't put forward suggestions as yet.

I my view having this championship resurrected can only benefit the sport. Especially here in Trinidad. It is certainly one way of solving the problem we have of attracting our Caribbean competitors to our shores.

Funding probably should not be looked at as a problem, as this may be the ticket to attract those elusive 'big' sponsors. If marketed correctly to Government, I am sure the Ministries of Sport and Tourism would listen.

Also having double the competitors compete in Rally Trinidad may also attract corporate Trinidad.

Question: Why did this championship fold up in the first place? From the late 90's if I remember correctly.

Maybe that may be a good place to start in trying to bring it back.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » July 23rd, 2009, 10:39 pm

"Question: Why did this championship fold up in the first place? From the late 90's if I remember correctly. "

Actually it folded in 1999, after 2 very successful years, why? Petty T&T politics!

And the headings listed by Mini are no different today as to what was required back then. And the shipper back then was Tecmarine, thanks to John Powell. Corporate sponsor Texaco.

Remember having meetings in Barbados, after the successful completion of the 1998 series with bigger plans for 1999, when, Oh I'll just leave it as petty politics!

Look at part of two statements made back then by TIDCO, T&T govt. Tourism agency and Derek Roach, first Chairman of CRC Management Committee.

T&T Govt’s involvement back in 1998 – a statement from part sponsor TIDCO:
“As the nation prepares to celebrate its 36th anniversary of Independence, TIDCO is joining other sponsors for the Texaco Havoline International Stages Rally, which is scheduled for August 29 and 30. This auto racing event is fast becoming popular in the region, and this, the final leg of the Caribbean Rally Championship Series, because it will also feature the distribution of prizes, will offer a premium opportunity for international exposure at the gala event.
Another one of TIDCO's projects for entering the wide world of sports.â€

logic246
3NE 2NR for life

Postby logic246 » August 6th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Any word on this guys?

Advertisement

Return to “TTRC - Rally”