Discuss this why did this car score the highest in SQC

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby kurpal_v2 » May 19th, 2012, 10:36 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
nigel1977 wrote:^^^Also not trying to argue, do you prefer to drop around 10 k on a sub, enclosure, amp, wiring, batteries, deck to do 30 second spl as opposed to have a sound quality system you can enjoy 100% of the time?

Boy I find this going through my head everytime Im sitting in the SPL lanes...I mean the coaxils are nice but I want the height like in uncle wagon.. Or maybe I could get the feel like in jeff van...Then I hear shammer voice saying I take 4th in the world.....Yippee :|

Few years after, I will admit sq was wayyyyyyyy easier than spl setup wise, cost a lot less and more enjoyable over all.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Re: Discuss this why did this car score the highest in SQC

Postby SR » May 20th, 2012, 6:12 am

roflmao

now we can no longer pong boom............

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re:

Postby Sully » May 20th, 2012, 7:15 am

kurpal_v2 wrote:
kurpal_v2 wrote:
nigel1977 wrote:^^^Also not trying to argue, do you prefer to drop around 10 k on a sub, enclosure, amp, wiring, batteries, deck to do 30 second spl as opposed to have a sound quality system you can enjoy 100% of the time?

Boy I find this going through my head everytime Im sitting in the SPL lanes...I mean the coaxils are nice but I want the height like in uncle wagon.. Or maybe I could get the feel like in jeff van...Then I hear shammer voice saying I take 4th in the world.....Yippee :|

Few years after, I will admit sq was wayyyyyyyy easier than spl setup wise, cost a lot less and more enjoyable over all.

SQ is what you make it. You can go over the top and spend an immense amount of money, or you can keep it simple and still be very competitive.

UltimateCustomizing
3NE 2NR for life

Postby UltimateCustomizing » May 20th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Through out this thread everyone keeps trying to compare SQ and SPL , trying to choose one SQ or SPL , bottom line is you can enjoy a sq system almost anywhere at anytime but spl system might only be enyoyable in competetion .

Sponsors , Brand dealers , Promoters should be trying to encourage enthusiasts to get in lane and compete . For myself there is almost no encouragement to spend any money towards and compete in SPL as the bigger shops / dealers are only concerned about selling equipment .

Sr's choice of vehicle and proper matching of equipment worked hand in hand to make the system successful . Sr you didn't state the power output of the amp I think this also had a huge contribution towards the sucess of this system .

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Re:

Postby DJ Q » March 23rd, 2016, 8:10 am

DJ Q wrote:SR, it's nice to see that you post the cheaper side of SQ. But that is still 9,000 plus batteries and wiring which will run you over 10 grand

and if you're not as professional as said installer, you will have to pay more to have the install done.

The expense with SQ is all that runs me from it.

<not starting a fight just stating WHY i run from SQ>

...and now I'm fed up of pro audio speakers :|

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » March 23rd, 2016, 8:30 am

Lol these days pro audio expense surpasses a nice base sq system wait till you see the pics from spring break nationals this weekend on iasca caribbeans fb page

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » March 23rd, 2016, 8:55 am

Funny enough I took some advice I got when I met TheWiseOne several years back.

I was going to spend my money on really really high end stuff. But instead of just trying to make another sale, he advised me on starting small and upgrading to be able to appreciate the difference.

Great guy. Great advice.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 30th, 2016, 6:04 pm

that makes the most sense, theres a few things i learnt with spending money on car audio.
buy good wire, Fuse holders all are made the same, dont makes sense spending alot on the same thing.
buy Good rcas and a good HU

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » March 30th, 2016, 6:38 pm

DJ Q wrote:Funny enough I took some advice I got when I met TheWiseOne several years back.

I was going to spend my money on really really high end stuff. But instead of just trying to make another sale, he advised me on starting small and upgrading to be able to appreciate the difference.

Great guy. Great advice.

I buy good and buy once, note I said good, not high end or ridiculously expensive.
I've been using an alpine hu with 2 mb quart reference series coax and 2 comps with a jl sub and amp for almost 10 years. And 4 cars across 2 countries

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » March 31st, 2016, 7:29 am

Well for my upgrade, I'm looking at either DLS or Alpine comps for the front and using the Powerbass coax that I have now as rear fill, eventually replacing them with DLS or Alpine comps.

I'm very much satisfied with my Image Dynamics sub. Bass goes low enough that I can't hear it but it's still shaking things. Nice and smooth.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » March 31st, 2016, 2:57 pm

For rear fill if the current speakers have no problem they will work fine

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » April 1st, 2016, 11:23 am

DJ Q wrote:Well for my upgrade, I'm looking at either DLS or Alpine comps for the front and using the Powerbass coax that I have now as rear fill, eventually replacing them with DLS or Alpine comps.

I'm very much satisfied with my Image Dynamics sub. Bass goes low enough that I can't hear it but it's still shaking things. Nice and smooth.

Yuh like that ID sub in that box eh

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » April 1st, 2016, 12:32 pm

lol yes thank you very much X_Factor.
my first sealed and I love it.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”