wtk: what are the best 8" subwoofers

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

southside connections
punchin NOS

Re: wtk: what are the best 8" subwoofers

Postby southside connections » July 10th, 2010, 11:51 am

here's a great space saving idea-

remove all the plates,tools ect from behind the seat, and simply fibreglass behind there to help gain as much cuft in the back available

you may be surprised to see what can fit there now without altering the seating accommodations

dj cas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dj cas » July 10th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Dj_Bee wrote:
dj cas wrote:kool...but just a hint...notice they said suggested?...well...i'm not saying to deviate from the manufacturers' specs but sometimes you can have a bigger or smaller enclosure....i own an 18 level 4 and i have it in my frontier...

the box is a 7 cubic because i wanted the lows...a mistake i made though bcuz i can only go low...now notice that they suggested 5.75cuft for my sub...

i guess you see my point...determine what you want to achieve first of all...do you want lows??...or to park up and shake the crowd....lol...dc's are nice subs though and please post pics of your build...i think everyone would like to see your creativity with the mini... :mrgreen:

an 18''in a frontier, thats mad man, how you get them 7 cubes, you use the whole back?

i have a frontier as well, im thinking bout doing over the back rest with either 4 8'' or 2 10'' subs, and i dont want it to bulk out too much cuz there's hardly any space in the back...the enclosure is coming up to approx. 2.5cu ft. my options for the subs are still open...any advice?
oh sorry for spamming the thread tho..

yea pal, i used the whole back...7cubes was too much for the sub and i am rebuilding soon...

i am seeing a lot of frontiers with 4 8"/10" subs built into a seat...people using pvc as porting and doing some serious plumbing in their vans...lol...

the most interesting one i saw was by my friend who owns underground customs in penal...he used the space from the center console from between the two front seats and came all the way to the back with 2 12" re...smooth bass...

enclosure is everything...don't use too much subs if you can't build a proper enclosure for them bcuz most of the back seat plumbing jobs sounding bad....

Dj_Bee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Dj_Bee » July 10th, 2010, 10:56 pm

dj cas wrote:
Dj_Bee wrote:
dj cas wrote:kool...but just a hint...notice they said suggested?...well...i'm not saying to deviate from the manufacturers' specs but sometimes you can have a bigger or smaller enclosure....i own an 18 level 4 and i have it in my frontier...

the box is a 7 cubic because i wanted the lows...a mistake i made though bcuz i can only go low...now notice that they suggested 5.75cuft for my sub...

i guess you see my point...determine what you want to achieve first of all...do you want lows??...or to park up and shake the crowd....lol...dc's are nice subs though and please post pics of your build...i think everyone would like to see your creativity with the mini... :mrgreen:

an 18''in a frontier, thats mad man, how you get them 7 cubes, you use the whole back?

i have a frontier as well, im thinking bout doing over the back rest with either 4 8'' or 2 10'' subs, and i dont want it to bulk out too much cuz there's hardly any space in the back...the enclosure is coming up to approx. 2.5cu ft. my options for the subs are still open...any advice?
oh sorry for spamming the thread tho..

yea pal, i used the whole back...7cubes was too much for the sub and i am rebuilding soon...

i am seeing a lot of frontiers with 4 8"/10" subs built into a seat...people using pvc as porting and doing some serious plumbing in their vans...lol...

the most interesting one i saw was by my friend who owns underground customs in penal...he used the space from the center console from between the two front seats and came all the way to the back with 2 12" re...smooth bass...

enclosure is everything...don't use too much subs if you can't build a proper enclosure for them bcuz most of the back seat plumbing jobs sounding bad....

Yea man, i want to have a proper box for the subs...so i can get optimum performance from them....and still have a comfortable back seat...thanks for the advice

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » July 12th, 2010, 12:11 am

sorry if this a thread hijack, but anyone have any experience with these?

JBL GTO 8"
RF P2 8"

and which do they prefer (its low power, sealed application so just on the quality of sound please)

if you have any first hand reviews.

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » January 4th, 2013, 7:48 am

Does any one know where in Trinidad retails MTX Subs.... either 8" or 10"

Many Thanks.

RAJIE
Sweet on this forum

Postby RAJIE » January 4th, 2013, 11:35 am

i know you said 8" sub but if you got space for 10s.
you could go 4 10" db drive k3 subs

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » January 4th, 2013, 11:59 am

ray786 wrote:Does any one know where in Trinidad retails MTX Subs.... either 8" or 10"

Many Thanks.

Riad knew someone, idk thry still around.

OffshoreMarketing
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby OffshoreMarketing » January 4th, 2013, 2:08 pm

take a look at skar audio vvx-8 and the ma-8 :)

_Rajiv_
3NE 2NR for life

Postby _Rajiv_ » January 4th, 2013, 5:06 pm

ray786 wrote:Does any one know where in Trinidad retails MTX Subs.... either 8" or 10"

Many Thanks.

Did you check DE Audio?

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 5th, 2013, 8:37 am

Firewall wrote:sorry if this a thread hijack, but anyone have any experience with these?

JBL GTO 8"
RF P2 8"

and which do they prefer (its low power, sealed application so just on the quality of sound please)

if you have any first hand reviews.

Jonathan on the forum used the JBL 8"s with great success in SQ comps.. I hear he upgrading to DD 8"s now to get more 'front of car' bass..

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » January 7th, 2013, 7:12 am

Actually when I was upgrading the DD 1008 and 508 were contenders, but the dealer does not have any. They will work in the airspace I have (0.3 cuft sealed each), but I ended up with a pair of JL 8w3v3s. Believe it or not, the JLs will have more output than any DD 8 in a sealed application. That being said the JBL GTO804s are worth every cent they cost.

supanats
Ricer

Postby supanats » January 10th, 2013, 9:52 pm

What about the ground zero 8" or the addictive audio 8" ?

Rodneys Audio
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rodneys Audio » January 10th, 2013, 10:26 pm

check out the Americanbass vfl 8 new sub on the market

vfl dwn.jpg
vfl dwn.jpg (19.58 KiB) Viewed 9761 times

vfl 8 up.jpg

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » January 11th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Rodneys Audio wrote:check out the Americanbass vfl 8 new sub on the market

vfl dwn.jpg

vfl 8 up.jpg

O..M..G..

Amabap
Riding on 13's

Postby Amabap » September 1st, 2018, 3:19 am

I apologize for bump the old topic, but I have some interesting observations that I would like to share, maybe this will help someone in the future because once I was on the lookout for useful advice.
The Type R's are a nice sub for the money. I did an X5 recently with three of them in a vented enclosure tuned to 30hz in the spare tire well under the rear floor. It sounded very good, playing the upper and lower range of bass notes with very similar output resulting in a very nice musical sound. The only downfall I see can be the large magnet/frame can limit your options for placement in the vehicle. I mentioned the Arc Audio because it has one of the smallest profiles for an 8" subwoofer, has very good output, and overall is one of the best values in it's size category. I heard from Arc Audio https://atfulldrive.com/best-car-subwoofer that the founder/former owner of Image Dynamics helped with the design. It's basically an Image IDQ woofer, without the cheap plastic composite basket. I think it's good practice to leave yourself several options regarding what equipment to go with until you actually take the car apart and see what fits. Keeping your original goals in mind, you can then evaluate trade-offs vs. cost of install for each piece of equipment.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » September 7th, 2018, 1:27 pm

I like the b2 audio cc8

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » February 9th, 2019, 6:48 pm

Any review on the soundstream R3 8"? Priced well by Steve's..

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » February 18th, 2019, 12:32 pm

I modeled one of those weekend in winisd. The graph looks terrible in their recommended vented spec, there was a huge peak in the mid50hz region and a steep drop off after. The qts is the highest ive ever seen in a sub and based on the parameters the motorforce looks kinda weak.

mechanicGu
Riding on 13's

Postby mechanicGu » April 4th, 2020, 3:59 pm

The thread shares superb ideas including all things that should be very helpful for everyone. Keeps all about very straightforward. I have installed a BOSS CX8 in my car. The sound quality it spits out is amazing.

OffshoreMarketing
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby OffshoreMarketing » May 16th, 2020, 9:58 am

New entry into the market soundfire audio R8

Www.Facebook.com/soundfire868 so far only positive reviews

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”