Thanks again for sharing your views fellas...
Lets look at it from another angle, using PowersellerX as an example...
Say PowersellerX decides to expand his market and bring in a low cost brand of amps and speakers to target the low end market. He has a couple brands to choose to bring. The brands are chinese made products of non-popular brands and do not have CEA certification.
If TTBS provides a service whereby standardized tests can be done on speakers and amplifiers to get certified information such as the power output, thd, failure analysis, protection device/circuits, impedance etc Will PowersellerX use this service to first test a sample/s of each brand to determine which product is the best one to invest in.
The advantages to PowersellerX would be-
1. He will choose a better product and will in turn transfer this value to his customer.
2. He will have assurance that the product will perform as advertised.
3. He will have less headache with disgruntled customers with failed units looking for refunds etc.
4. He will improve/maintain his reputation in the car audio market.
5. He will gain financially.
6. His investment will be sure and can guarantee some profit.
The costs of the tests will be minimal (<$3000 per unit) and the results will be in a report that is verified. He can also get a certificate to display in his store to show that his product can hold up to scrutiny and this will show his customers that he cares about selling quality.
Will PowersellerX and other importers/retailers use this service? Keep in mind that there will be no taxation involved and the report will be confidential and be solely the property of PowersellerX.
Your views please...
Last edited by Gladiator
on March 24th, 2012, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.