Forums

JDM Panasonic sat/nav keeps rebooting

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Tired Accord
Chronic TriniTuner

JDM Panasonic sat/nav keeps rebooting

Postby Tired Accord » November 27th, 2013, 6:50 am

Yow fellas. I recently acquired a ro-ro that came with a Panasonic multimedia stereo (CN-HDS915). I've noticed that the thing keeps rebooting after a couple of minutes of playing.

I've contacted Panasonic in Japan - and the response was "sorry we do not have any software to fix the problem, the unit needs repairing and we do not have a service centre in your country to fix the product".

Would anyone have any ideas / experience with this?

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Re: JDM Panasonic sat/nav keeps rebooting

Postby zoelikescheese » December 10th, 2013, 7:59 am

yank that sheit out
it not worth it

Tired Accord
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Tired Accord » December 10th, 2013, 8:06 am

Breads... I does be glancing at TV and news on the thing boy.... I know that's not safe, but it also has an HDD in it which you can upload your mp3's etc. via SD card. So I'm not in a hurry to take it out. But thanks for your advice though.

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Postby zoelikescheese » December 10th, 2013, 2:25 pm

yeah i had it in a few vehicles but its not worth it especially when it starts to give trouble it dont make sense to fix it because u can buy a regular pioneer double din and a attach a tv tuner to it or u can just buy one of those cheap ebay decks with a tv tuner built in.

Tired Accord
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Tired Accord » December 10th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Well if it was that easy - I would do that. However, a double din cannot fit where the current display / controller screen is (into the upper dashboard) due to a crash bar running a few inches behind the screen - this is in a Legacy. And there is no mounting hardware to accommodate a single din. And the stock deck is built into the facia faceplate down below and connects to the A/C controls via a ribbon cable - so even that will be a challenge to replace as well. But thanks again for your advice though.

Does anyone else have any more specific ideas about the constant rebooting of the Panasonic? Incidentally - it looks as though once the car is parked - it does not reboot - I had it on the other day fiddling with it for at least 15 mins - and it never rebooted. The engine was off as well. I don't know if when the engine is running has something to do with it.....?

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”