building a system lil help needed

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

warrior
Riding on 13's

building a system lil help needed

Postby warrior » August 4th, 2014, 11:43 pm

ok i have a descent pioneer head unit and rockford double 10 in a factory box
trying to build a well balanced system from these everytime i ask about it ppl tell me i have have to go big just because of the bass

am not planning on car show sound just something loud enough that i could park up and lime without major cost and second battery and that stuff

so a lil advice on mids and amp needed to build systems
Attachments
sub box.jpg
type of sub
sub box.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
sub desc.jpg
description on the sub
sub desc.jpg (5.48 KiB) Viewed 2049 times

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: building a system lil help needed

Postby 3stagevtec » August 5th, 2014, 3:09 am

warrior wrote:am not planning on car show sound just something loud enough that i could park up and lime without major cost and second battery and that stuff

so a lil advice on mids and amp needed to build systems

I'd recommend using pro audio type mid range speakers. Faital Pro has their FE200 series, most affordable in their range and sound great / loud for the price. You won't need a high powered / costly amplifier to power those.

2 8"s in the rear and 2 6"s on the front doors powered by a 4CH amplifier will work just fine for what you're asking.

If you want a more personal / SQ oriented system, I'd recommend a decent pair of components (buy based on budget and reciews) and a 4CH as well.

There are many affordable pro audio mids out there, Faital Pro FE200 series is my personal preference. The key is doing a proper install and not go crazy on the tuning (i.e. no excessive use of EQs etc) and you'd be pleased with the results. Buy the amplifier used and speakers new to keep costs down. A single battery will be enough, just do the 'Big 3' electrical upgrade.

warrior
Riding on 13's

Postby warrior » August 5th, 2014, 3:43 pm

ok thanks and what wattage amp for bass if its 400w rms for each speaker and 800 peak and what is the big 3 electrical upgrade

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 6th, 2014, 3:32 pm

X2 on what 3stage said. The faital will also be my choice based on price and sound when it comes to pro audio.

What deck you have BTW?

I'd say a bass amp that does approximately 1000 watts RMS should do the trick for you if the speakers are rated 400 watts RMS each. Are those single 4 ohm sub's? If they are you will need an amp that does 1000 watts at 2 ohm. I know the kicker, jbl and iirc some alpine Mono's do 2 ohm loads.

One decent battery up front will be sufficient and the big three is an upgrade to the charging and ground system to allow for better current flow (basically).
Its one appropriately sized cable from the alternator +tive to the battery +tive (use the awg and current rating chart to size your cable length), one cable from battery -tive to car chassis or solid ground and I really can't remember the last piece (not in a thinking state right now, sorry). You can google it or try www.bcae1.com for more info.

basstard
Ricer

Postby basstard » August 6th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Yeah faital pro Fe200 is a good option, best speakers for the price hands down.
I had that same setup for bass, its 400rms for both subs and they sounded very clean and loud.
I have a rockford fosgate r750.1 mono for $1350 (does 889rms@14.4v)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=567988

warrior
Riding on 13's

Postby warrior » August 6th, 2014, 9:32 pm

ok thanks will find out a price to do the big 3 upgrade and work from there my problem is i have an eg8 civic and it can't really take a large battery but would check around to see battery sizes

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 6th, 2014, 11:10 pm

The upgrade is diy man.

I had an xs power d1200 and it took some good jamming and that's a really small battery.

warrior
Riding on 13's

Postby warrior » August 8th, 2014, 6:58 pm

ok cool would just have to raise the amps cause i just using the factory recommended power for the car right now

Team2lo2flo
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team2lo2flo » August 9th, 2014, 12:23 am

warrior wrote:ok thanks will find out a price to do the big 3 upgrade and work from there my problem is i have an eg8 civic and it can't really take a large battery but would check around to see battery sizes

I have XS Power D975 Batteries which will fit in the OEM location for your vehicle

http://4xspower.com/shop/d-series/d975/

warrior
Riding on 13's

Postby warrior » August 12th, 2014, 11:57 am

would have bought one but just bought a battery bout 6 months ago but would be looking for one of these soon

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”