Forums

System help...

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

PrEd8R
Street 2NR

System help...

Postby PrEd8R » December 31st, 2015, 11:02 pm

Getting two faital pros for doors (is a wagon so jus linking doors for now) powered by a 2 channel amp.... with two NB1s. I got a brand new 2000 watt Champion series also just need to have a box built and placed. My questions are.... what mono will be most effective on this sub....and will an epicenter make much of a difference ? ( the box is going tuned to produce a heavy bass line...lows etc). Some help would be greatful :) just look for a small system with a nice bassline to turn a lil heads when i pass lol (i izza student so ease me up)

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: System help...

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 1st, 2016, 11:14 am

Nobody going to turn their heads because they're impressed.

Everyone has music in their cars, yuh not doing anything unique and interesting. If you wanna turn heads, drive a music truck.

Otherwise wind up your glass and stop seeking attention from strangers, their opinions don't matter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, You have to watch the RMS rating not the max. (its 600Wrms @ 2ohms)

Look some options:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=646798
Use a channel per coil

Soundstream L1.600 (400wrms but you not losing out, the extra 200Wrms is just 1.76dB extra, too small to notice)

DD m.80 if you want a lil extra quality and power

---------

Any amp around 400W-600W should do good, Once the sub in the right box. DOH skimp on the sub box.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 1st, 2016, 1:26 pm

Them tweeter is sh!t, fling them away and start from there.

Dont need an epi to drop the deep notes. A properly built box and appropriately tuned system will make people stop what they doing, look for the source of that proper sounding system as it passes by and say "dayumn, that muthaf0cka system sounding real good!!!"

Everyone trying to outdo everyone because they have very small penises and nobody focusing on quality. When you not in the small piggy game peeps will nod in approval when you pass by and pull convo as to what you got in there sounding so nice.

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » January 1st, 2016, 2:22 pm

well said guys

matthewmazda
Riding on 18's

Postby matthewmazda » January 3rd, 2016, 9:59 am

nervewrecker wrote:Them tweeter is sh!t, fling them away and start from there.

Dont need an epi to drop the deep notes. A properly built box and appropriately tuned system will make people stop what they doing, look for the source of that proper sounding system as it passes by and say "dayumn, that muthaf0cka system sounding real good!!!"

Everyone trying to outdo everyone because they have very small penises and nobody focusing on quality. When you not in the small piggy game peeps will nod in approval when you pass by and pull convo as to what you got in there sounding so nice.

this

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2016, 10:41 am

How about you tell us about the model sub so maybe I can try and model a decent box for you? I lost my collection of sub parameters and boxes :(
What you listen to, what you expect of your system.

Tell us about your charging system, state of it and what you got before we start to talk amps.

Also, the model of faitals you got. Might wanna invest in a crossover / deck with bandpass capability or a pair of passives for the speakers and tweeters. On a student budget tweeters like power acoustik, pyle and the likes can sound pretty ok. Those nb1's are absolutely the worst tweeters anyone can purchase.

PrEd8R
Street 2NR

Postby PrEd8R » January 3rd, 2016, 6:51 pm

Lol thanks for the feedback... And the sub is a Sundown SA12

PrEd8R
Street 2NR

Postby PrEd8R » January 3rd, 2016, 6:52 pm

nervewrecker wrote:How about you tell us about the model sub so maybe I can try and model a decent box for you? I lost my collection of sub parameters and boxes :(
What you listen to, what you expect of your system.

Tell us about your charging system, state of it and what you got before we start to talk amps.

Also, the model of faitals you got. Might wanna invest in a crossover / deck with bandpass capability or a pair of passives for the speakers and tweeters. On a student budget tweeters like power acoustik, pyle and the likes can sound pretty ok. Those nb1's are absolutely the worst tweeters anyone can purchase.

The sub is a Sundown SA12

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2016, 7:49 pm

And your charging system?
Battery, how old is it?
Alternator output?

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 4th, 2016, 9:50 pm

and budget

L'Audi
Sweet on this forum

Postby L'Audi » February 17th, 2016, 4:48 pm

OP Lost me at "just look for a small system with a nice bassline to turn a lil heads when i pass"... Oh to be a youthman again eh.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”