Forums

WTK buying car audio online

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zulu atomic
Street 2NR

WTK buying car audio online

Postby zulu atomic » March 7th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Am not sure if this is a repost but am interested in buying a alpine head unit and powerbass 1000.1d from ebay. Anyone ever got any problems buying electronics online and the price range would be lower than buying locally?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: WTK buying car audio online

Postby nervewrecker » March 7th, 2016, 5:41 pm

How much you willing to pay for the PB?

I have one that more or less packed up doing not much.

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » March 7th, 2016, 5:50 pm

nick639 wrote:There are many online calculators to check prices landed. it makes no sense to purchase car audio online, especially common equipment like that.

Those u listed I'm sure would be cheaper locally WITH warranty.

This. Also car audio is heavy esp amps n speakers. So u tend to get raped with d freight cost.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » March 7th, 2016, 6:04 pm

i ordered a rockford 250 rms amp for a co worker, and it cost 1700$+ total after all payments landed and cleared...i bought the same item a while ago for 1350$ (well got it as a gift) but the bill was that from toiz wit noiz in debe. the guy liked the sound and saw it online and asked me and we tried it out to see the price difference. we shipped with websource.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » March 8th, 2016, 12:10 am

I once got a box of brillo pads instead of my new deck.

triston
3NE 2NR for life

Postby triston » March 8th, 2016, 3:17 am

I bought all my Amps and mids from amazon. Cost way less than here. I does ship with tropical shipping. Never used ebay.

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » March 9th, 2016, 8:28 am

triston wrote:I bought all my Amps and mids from amazon. Cost way less than here. I does ship with tropical shipping. Never used ebay.

I agree that what you've paid to Amazon is less that retail here in Trinidad, but have you factored in shipping, duty and VAT?

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » March 9th, 2016, 10:57 am

some ppl think all u do is multiply by 6.5\7tt to 1us but dont take into acct all of that ^^^

i wud say more than 1\2 of d goods sold locally works out cheaper or is not worth paying to ship in , if ur traveling & bringing it in duty free in ur suitcase then it will work out cheaper than local depending on what it is , size , weight etc

also consider if u bring something in & it has a problem , they will tell u to ship it back up then u ship it back a 2nd time & it will most def cost u more than what u originally saved

so check pros\cons if it worth it ...

eXamin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby eXamin » March 9th, 2016, 11:13 am

- Rovin's car audio - wrote:some ppl think all u do is multiply by 6.5\7tt to 1us but dont take into acct all of that ^^^

i wud say more than 1\2 of d goods sold locally works out cheaper or is not worth paying to ship in , if ur traveling & bringing it in duty free in ur suitcase then it will work out cheaper than local depending on what it is , size , weight etc

also consider if u bring something in & it has a problem , they will tell u to ship it back up then u ship it back a 2nd time & it will most def cost u more than what u originally saved

zulu atomic
Street 2NR

Postby zulu atomic » March 9th, 2016, 1:03 pm

thanks for the info guys,i think its best buy amps locally but i will order the headunit and see how its goes,am using jetmail btw

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » March 9th, 2016, 3:19 pm

^^U cud post the results when u get it

zulu atomic
Street 2NR

Postby zulu atomic » March 9th, 2016, 7:28 pm

yeah i will give you all a update

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » March 11th, 2016, 7:06 am

- Rovin's car audio - wrote:some ppl think all u do is multiply by 6.5\7tt to 1us but dont take into acct all of that ^^^

I agree with that somewhat. If you're travelling and bringing it in yourself, you should factor in the cost of your flight (or at least part of it). Shipping isn't free, no matter how you look at it.

eXamin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby eXamin » March 11th, 2016, 9:08 am

Sully wrote:

I agree with that somewhat. If you're travelling and bringing it in yourself, you should factor in the cost of your flight (or at least part of it). Shipping isn't free, no matter how you look at it.

Well I don't think he is travelling to just buy the music, what he is saying is if he is going on a vacation and at the time want music, it will be cheaper to buy it there and bring it.

For me I wait till my family is going on vacation to buy these things, only if I need it right away I'll buy it here.

zulu atomic
Street 2NR

Postby zulu atomic » May 12th, 2016, 11:06 am

sorry for the late response fellas,i got my head unit alpine cde 143bt cost me tt812.00 and tt133.00 for shipping and handling delivered to my door step.am not sure what price this model goes for locally

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”