(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ME5000
Riding on 13's

NEW XTRAIL NT32 JDM RADIO OPTIONS

Postby ME5000 » July 15th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Hi guys

Iam reaching out to all you Guru's out there that has been through this stuff

I am buying a JDM spec Xtrail and i think we all agree that the radio will never convert to english from what i've read. So i am thinking about buying a Head Unit from a Nissan Rouge in the USA. The size will seem to fit perfect but i am unsure of the compatibility and what functions may or may not work, iam not interested in navigation but would like the following functions to work

1) steering wheel control
2) radio
3)CD
4)bluetooth
5) Around view Cameras

i will be posting Pics of the back and front of the unit of the JDM unit as well as the US unit from the rouge and welcome your opinions. I notice that some of the jacks in the back are similar but some are different as well

and Go!!!!
Attachments
OEM JAPAN.jpg
Back of Japan unit 2
OEM JAPAN.jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 7540 times
QY7391.JPG
Back of Jap unit
BOSCH OEM.jpg
Back Of US unit
front rouge.jpg
Front of US UNIT
QY7391(2).JPG
Front of Jap unit

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: NEW XTRAIL NT32 JDM RADIO OPTIONS

Postby skylinechild » July 16th, 2016, 12:29 pm

dumb question.....

so from what I can see the connectors looks similar - the rectangular white plugs.. but the pin outs may be different.

why not simply get a dash kit from ebay...and the wiring harness too....and buy the pioneer deck of your choice ???

instead of getting a deck and use basic features....just buy the dash trim...and you get this

This looks a lot better...cleaner and would give you a lot more options in terms of features and such....a GOOD audio tech can hook up everything else for you.

link to product on ebay ...>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARAV-11-478-Ca ... MM&vxp=mtr

yes it expensive....but is it more expensive than purchasing a us deck..and shipping...and paying someone who hopefully knows what they doing - to install it.

a dirt cheap way to get the Japanese deck to work is to get a band expander and install it..as a temp fix until you decide what you want to do....

ME5000
Riding on 13's

Postby ME5000 » July 17th, 2016, 9:42 pm

yeah thanks but no thanks on the after market products.

the look screams of foriegn used (find a substitute and make it work) . looking for that OEM look, should have mentioned that in the first post.

bandwidth expanders gets you the stations on some wierd frequency yes but the screen is lit up with japanese writing and that japanese voice speaking to you saying god knows what

with Aftermarket radios you also lose the around view feature.

Rouge sat/nav OEM Radios can cost 2700 USD from the factory but 150-450USD used on ebay, i consider that worth it for the OEM look

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 17th, 2016, 10:34 pm

ME5000 wrote:yeah thanks but no thanks on the after market products.

the look screams of foriegn used (find a substitute and make it work) . looking for that OEM look, should have mentioned that in the first post.

bandwidth expanders gets you the stations on some wierd frequency yes but the screen is lit up with japanese writing and that japanese voice speaking to you saying god knows what

with Aftermarket radios you also lose the around view feature.

Rouge sat/nav OEM Radios can cost 2700 USD from the factory but 150-450USD used on ebay, i consider that worth it for the OEM look

me personally factory radios are kinda crappy when there better head units out there...alpine...balupunkt pioneer.....clarion..... the "look" of the finished item depends on the deck you choose.

for example I wouldn't be caught dead with the pioneer deck shown in the pic above.... i'd go for a much higher end pioneer with a concealed CD/ DVD slot instead of the surface mount one.

another thing to consider the "factory" sat navigation system doesn't work here and good luck finding someone to get it to work without paying less than 5k - well you said youre not interested in navigation.

with respect to the "around view" from multiple cameras mounted in the car...I not too sure if there a way to get it to work....what you should know is the first small fender bender and these cameras get damaged....and the cost to replace them.....the novelty will wear off and you'd be happy with just a good sounding audio deck

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Re: RE: Re: NEW XTRAIL NT32 JDM RADIO OPTIONS

Postby Firewall » July 19th, 2016, 5:30 am

ME5000 wrote:yeah thanks but no thanks on the after market products.

Just to note a couple things. I was thinking exactly like you when we got the 2013 rav4, because the radios from foreign seemed so much better than ours.

However over time, the radio that seems to be a major complaint with the foreign owners - bluetooth, usb, entune, nav are all glitchy and give problems randomly. My radio has never has those issues.

Bottom line.....check through some x-trail specific forums to make sure there are no inherent problems with the radio from the Rouge before buying.

ME5000
Riding on 13's

Postby ME5000 » July 19th, 2016, 8:13 pm

noted skyline

thanks did u ever replace your rav4 radio with the OEM model from the US version? if so did u encounter any connection issues apart from being a faulty radio?

short_man
Street 2NR

Postby short_man » August 30th, 2016, 8:41 am

The alpine dvd decks use their own around view cameras

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 20th, 2016, 11:09 pm

So no further update on this thread?

Did a dvd upgrade on one this weekend. Roro dealer installed a low end dvd deck to replace the factory unit. Customer lost the 360 view steering controls and in dash usb connection. Upgraded to a nex4200 unit. Roro dealer replaced the rear view camera with an aftermarket unit and new wiring. Dash kit is the same as the us version nissan rogue. Still looking around for the harness adapter to get back the steering controls. Found a harness kit to give back the in dash usb port on amazon. Will order and try it next year

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » December 22nd, 2016, 12:58 pm

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2224673

You could probably look into the idatalink kits.

Mousie
Riding on 13's

Postby Mousie » August 8th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Did you ever get around to buying the rouge deck and doing the conversion?

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » December 10th, 2017, 7:15 pm

Has anyone come across anymore useful information regarding a replacement? I came across this, and it states that the navigation and 360 camera is functional. My X-trail is on the port, so I don't know all the details of what the original head unit can display. Which features will not work with this? http://mxtron.com/products-detail.php?ProId=7

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Tripple r has the conversion kit for the harness for the 360 camera system to allow aftermarket deck replacement

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”