WTK: NP300 (local) Steering Wheel Module for Aftermarket Head Unit details

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Shane18
Street 2NR

WTK: NP300 (local) Steering Wheel Module for Aftermarket Head Unit details

Postby Shane18 » September 30th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Hello tuners,

I've installed some aftermarket sounds in my Frontier but now, even with a JL cleansweep installed I find myself wanting to change the factory head unit out completely. I've settled on the Pioneer AVH-4100NEX but need some help on which module(s) to buy to keep the steering wheel controls, USB input and 3.5mm jack functional with this new deck.

I'd also like to keep the factory microphone functional as well for use with the bluetooth phone connectivity if possible.

Would anyone here be able to assist?

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: WTK: NP300 (local) Steering Wheel Module for Aftermarket Head Unit details

Postby kavaninho » September 30th, 2017, 11:11 pm

there are plug and play adapters for the USB and aux to work. Not sure if there is for the microphone. A standard steering wheel control should work. (PAC or Metra) If you want check triple R to see what harnesses and adapters they have for your vehicle. If not, you would have to source the stuff yourself. This install should be able to be done without cutting any wire or harness off.

jrampersad
Riding on 13's

Postby jrampersad » October 23rd, 2017, 4:04 pm

The idatalink Maestro is compatible with the 4100NEX. Bought this unit and the harness off amazon and installed in my Corolla. Works perfectly, although a little bit costly. Check out their website www.idatalinkmaestro.com and see their recommendation for your vehicle and which features you will be able to retain.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » October 24th, 2017, 11:00 am

The idatalink Maestro is geared toward vehicles with data buses that displays information from the OBD2 system. It allows you to retain alot of factory features and displays. Keep in mind not all vehicles are compatible with it.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”