Forums

New tech on connectivity and dsp

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

New tech on connectivity and dsp

Postby SR » November 5th, 2017, 7:38 pm

I had the opportunity to meet with both pioneer and audio control north american sales vp's last week at SEMA. Both have stepped up thier game on features offered.

Pioneer connectivity to mobile devices and features.
Pioneer is also going to step up their game in the lower model units for soynd quality as they are seeing the market demand for it.

Audio control dsp and thier amps with built in dsp.
Thier software interface is one of the easiest to navigate and the new line of amps come with dsp built in as well as the ability to take speaker level inputs directly. No converter required and is the only amp on the market that can take up to 40volts in. Also had a look at the new d800.1 amp which has only started shipping last week. There were 2 of these being raffled off as well as a dsp at the training session. Sadly i am not as lucky with gambling.

Cerwin vega has also released a whole new line of products. Also leaning towards the growing pro audio market.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New tech on connectivity and dsp

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 8th, 2017, 11:50 pm

love those new audiocontrol amps. Eliminating the need for a DSP

With the way things are going, maybe headunits will be all that's needed to push 1000s of watts of power to all your speakers. (new quad DIN standard maybe?)

Who knows what the future holds. I like to dream

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » November 9th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Some of the new Pioneer decks look interesting. One of them basically has all the features of the PRS80 except for the Auto-EQ.

I do wish that they'd offer one that had the old 5-band parametric EQ of the DEQ-9200 rather than these 13-band graphic EQs, which always seem to have the center frequencies where I don't want them to be...

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 12th, 2017, 8:27 am

In speaking with them i doubt very much however from 2018 onwards he said they will be returning to more sq related features on the lower lines as well.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”