TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Music installation in a T30 xtrail with moon roof.

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ron_28
Sweet on this forum

Music installation in a T30 xtrail with moon roof.

Postby ron_28 » December 1st, 2017, 10:37 pm

Tuners.
Need a lil advice here. So I want to do a install in a t30 xtrail
Baseline would be a dd715
My main concerns is that the vehicle has a moon roof, an how the bass would affect this, will it crack or pick up any leaks or anything like that
Has anyone ever did a install in said vehicle or any other vehicle with a moon roof before an ever had any problems.
Thanks.

shameemh
Street 2NR

Re: Music installation in a T30 xtrail with moon roof.

Postby shameemh » December 2nd, 2017, 12:46 am

Padna, not sure if ur moon roof will give the kinda trouble that ur expecting, but here is my two cents, that kinda music will cause vibration, and vibration is one of the most destructive forces, it will distort everything inside ur car and basically shake everything loose. It might sound good, but u might also be destroying ur ride. Ive learnt that the hard way. Btw, the sunroof glass is tempered glass, it wont crack, it will shatter.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » December 2nd, 2017, 6:05 am

Dunno about music. Just asking ..... what’s the difference between let’s say windscreen and moonroof ? Why worry about moonroof specifically..... I repeat don’t know, just asking.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » December 2nd, 2017, 9:21 am

If you're going to be jamming it heavy 24/7 , then yeah expect some leaks. It might even weaken the glass too

If you listen to it at moderate levels you won't need to worry.

If you want hard pong then get a old car, or be ready to shell out money for repairs for the new car.
Or you can brace the hell out of this xtrail so it wont flex

ron_28
Sweet on this forum

Postby ron_28 » December 2nd, 2017, 9:40 am

Rethinking it an I don't want to have any problems with it an end up with a leaking sunroof or a shatters one. Might scrap the entire idea of putting the 15" an just go with coaxial/ components setup an a single 8" or 10" sub.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 2nd, 2017, 11:27 am

715 gives alot of output so yes u may mess up ur moonroof

a while back i sold a dd 500 10" [350rms] & box for a customer's xtrail , it caused a bottle water on d dash , side mirrors & RV mirror to shake , imho it was enough for most ppl for daily use .... but if ur going with something more thna 3 times RMS & double cone area of that 510 well ur going to be bass crazy happy but ur xtrail will suffer

u can always come into my store for demos & to discuss some options ........ 8-)

slackwire26
Riding on 13's

Postby slackwire26 » January 29th, 2018, 6:06 am

I got T-30 XTRAIL a (local) wit the sunroof.. I had a Taramp 6500 Rms wit a Atomic 12" Apocalypse... an @ 1 point i had a single 15"...I played dat for years... wit No problems... no leaks..

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » January 30th, 2018, 9:47 pm

i have a panoramic moonroof and in terms of the glass shattering, i dont think its going to happen as a result of musical vibrations. Maybe it could if u match the resonant frequency of the glass with ur sub and jam that constantly but then that is not musical and unlikely.

I remember seeing a wreck of a mercedes benz with a moonroof which flipped. The car got badly damaged and the glass from the moonroof was not even cracked. Its pretty strong glass.

your concern would be the loosening of the fixtures that hold the moving parts. there is a motor, a track, a very heavy piece of glass that attaches to some rails with some small connections plus electrical connections. I dont think high vibrations would be a good thing for any of these fixtures. it may result in the moving parts becoming loose. i dont think it would ever leak because there is rubber that seals off the joints and its pretty flexible to compensate for small amounts of looseness and space.

i dont think the sub in question is enough to cause issues. you should try it.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”