Forums

Car drained fast

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Car drained fast

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » January 29th, 2018, 5:38 pm

So I have a 12" pioneer sub rated 400 rms and orion sub rated 600 and I was testing both wired at 2 ohms. I tested the orion first.. left it playing on high volume for about 8 songs then came back, checked the battery and it was fine.. no voltage drop or nothing... then I hooked up the pioneer playing high volume and after 2 songs it started to idle different that's when i check the battery and it was drained...
Please tell me wdf happened there..

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Car drained fast

Postby nick639v2 » January 29th, 2018, 7:21 pm

Was the car running the whole time? Because u cannot check battery voltage while d car is on obviously because your alternator is running.

You gradually depleted the battery faster than it was being charged by the car alternator that is why it went dead and you were basically playing from the current being supplied by the alternator.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » January 29th, 2018, 9:06 pm

So yuh was using d 600 rms then add 400 rms which is 1000 rms total (pulls more than that tho) ofc it go drain down smartman. Yuh had no problems with one cuz yuh electrical can only handle one.

It sounding like yuh have stock alternator too.... upgrade it so yuh doh have this problem again.

Btw why yuh using two different subs?? that would not song good cuz yuh go have two different sounds emanating........... tbh get an experienced person to advise you so yuh doh waste yuh money or google and learn it yourself.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 30th, 2018, 10:55 am

either ur batt does not have a sufficient bank for music or alternator not charging properly , can be both too ...

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 30th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Zetski wrote:So yuh was using d 600 rms then add 400 rms which is 1000 rms total (pulls more than that tho) ofc it go drain down smartman. Yuh had no problems with one cuz yuh electrical can only handle one.

It sounding like yuh have stock alternator too.... upgrade it so yuh doh have this problem again.

Btw why yuh using two different subs?? that would not song good cuz yuh go have two different sounds emanating........... tbh get an experienced person to advise you so yuh doh waste yuh money or google and learn it yourself.

You trolling right? He was testing them separately. Sequentially. Not Simultaneously. One before the other.

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:So I have a 12" pioneer sub rated 400 rms and orion sub rated 600 and I was testing both wired at 2 ohms. I tested the orion first.. left it playing on high volume for about 8 songs then came back, checked the battery and it was fine.. no voltage drop or nothing... then I hooked up the pioneer playing high volume and after 2 songs it started to idle different that's when i check the battery and it was drained...
Please tell me wdf happened there..

Quick to play high and mighty lmao :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, Either the wires from the alternator bad (connection wise most likely), or the alternator itself bad. I'm assuming the car was idling throughout the testing period.

OR

The battery itself bad. do more testing.

Those are your likely suspects

What was the battery voltages before and after doh?

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » February 2nd, 2018, 10:48 pm

Jetski hymc eh!

The voltage dropped to 12.5 from 14.3 while the car was running.. but I checked out my alternator and its fine.. its a 100 amp one.. probably my battery is the culprit because is some random battery i buy because my ac delco had 3 years on it and i needed one asap when it died.

nivek
Sweet on this forum

Postby nivek » February 3rd, 2018, 1:08 am

I have a new battery for sale eh..SRS talk

steverandolph
3NE 2NR for life

Postby steverandolph » February 4th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Buy a xs power and done nah saddis.You cyar want to have music and doh have current

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » February 4th, 2018, 11:06 pm

steverandolph wrote:Buy a xs power and done nah saddis.You cyar want to have music and doh have current
Once u can keep up with the every 6mth check up it's a good buy...

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”