TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Mazda BT-50 build. JBL, Hybrid audio, Image dynamics, Powerbass, XS power, Digital Designs

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Mazda BT-50 build. JBL, Hybrid audio, Image dynamics, Powerbass, XS power, Digital Designs

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 6th, 2018, 8:29 pm

kavaninho wrote:Where you got the pvc sheets?
Nerve how many sheets u used so far?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Mazda BT-50 build. JBL, Hybrid audio, Image dynamics, Powerbass, XS power, Digital Designs

Postby X_Factor » August 6th, 2018, 8:37 pm

^ sound dampening makes a big difference
i am sure even a sheet (4sq ft) per door in your current set up will improve midbass response and definition

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 6th, 2018, 9:13 pm

i say i was gonna see some fancy f\glassing on dem holes with some fasteners but man jes blank it & sound deadener over it

still better than mine cause i just cover it jesso with mat ...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2018, 7:14 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
kavaninho wrote:Where you got the pvc sheets?
Nerve how many sheets u used so far?
About 4 and 3/4.
I had a 3/4 sheet remaining from my last install.
Was looking for a spot to put it in the subaru because the heat from the turbo starts to make its way into the cabin.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2018, 7:15 am

Time is not a luxary these days rovin. :(

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » August 7th, 2018, 8:47 am

Rovin's Audio wrote:i say i was gonna see some fancy f\glassing on dem holes with some fasteners but man jes blank it & sound deadener over it

still better than mine cause i just cover it jesso with mat ...

me too..

nice work with that plastic sheet for the huge holes jack...hows the difference in mid bass response so far with it? any issues like rattling etc as u didnt fasten it down?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Well stock stereo still sucks ass. So I cant say.
Doubt there will be any rattle.
Not sure if its me or over the years I learnt whst to look for in a stereo system and most stock systems suck bawzz.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » August 7th, 2018, 1:36 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Well stock stereo still sucks ass. So I cant say.
Doubt there will be any rattle.
Not sure if its me or over the years I learnt whst to look for in a stereo system and most stock systems suck bawzz.

i dont know what speakers my vehicle came with but whatever the brand is it sounds amazing for a stock speaker set up...would likefor you to hear it before i change them out

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Bwmc?
Where is the orange wire?Image

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Mazda BT-50 build. JBL, Hybrid audio, Image dynamics, Powerbass, XS power, Digital Designs

Postby nick639v2 » August 7th, 2018, 3:35 pm

Fck it.. i guessing mine is getting power from the yellow for illumination..

What's your choice for h/u??
Edit: saw the hu..

I might really need to hear your system as well as any recommendations to move forward in my van.

I'm using jbl 939s up front and ugh I'm not getting things right at all.. the more i listen is the more i just wanna go ham and put pa speakers and be ratchet.

Thing is i have the power, but no reference of how i want my outcome to sound like... Typical river lime vs sq debate...

Just had to rant, back to business

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2018, 5:20 pm

So yours always illuminated then? I will look for a tap off on the park light circuit for that and the dimmer.

Will let you get a demo of mine when im done, have no fear young grasshopper. You too shall be guided like I was. Oh how I remember the days of being lost.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 7th, 2018, 7:45 pm

It is illuminated when ignition is on yea

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Forgot I had these. Will tap into the factory electrical for the illumination. Image

jusrocky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jusrocky » August 8th, 2018, 1:31 am

3/4 pvc door risers if you interested
(Waterproof)

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » August 8th, 2018, 2:56 am

jusrocky wrote:3/4 pvc door risers if you interested
(Waterproof)

nice 8-)

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 8th, 2018, 5:41 pm

See this kinda thing, is hard work.
I now see why it have so much half ass installs. Men dont wanna pay price to get this done.
Tried some soldering the way someone "teach" me. I will have to tell them hymc, see the connections with tape, yea...ImageImageImageImage

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 8th, 2018, 6:45 pm

jusrocky wrote:3/4 pvc door risers if you interested
(Waterproof)

I someone got a cnc machine? :drinking:

Good to see this business evolving.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » August 8th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Nice @ soldering. Easiest way that works for me is to apply the iron under the wire and then touch the solder from the top...that way it melts through and flows through the strands and not just a matter of u melting the solder with the iron and dripping it onto the wire....looks alot neater with the method I mentioned above

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 8th, 2018, 7:44 pm

cuda use these , around $1 or less each

a cnc wud be great to have but it can done with a master shape , double side tape & a router table with a flush cutting bit ...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 8th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Someone taught me to heat the wire and touch the solder on it, so it flows.
I heat the mc wire and solder and let solder melt solder and run.
Didnt wanna join the wire like that. Have barrel type joiners for inline joints. Barrel type would have been easier yes..

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 8th, 2018, 8:10 pm

u mean butt connectors ? , i dont trust them cause sometimes it doesnt always crimp so good & make a secure connection

with these twist & crimp caps u guaranteed it gonna hold

long time i used to use terminals strips & they never failed too but how i did it was twisted d 2 wires & used d terminals to simply separate them & keep them secured .....

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » August 8th, 2018, 8:26 pm

once u size the butt connector correctly with a good crimping tool it cant fail
there are also solder seal type butt connectors as well
all depends on how much money you wanna spend

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » August 8th, 2018, 8:46 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Someone taught me to heat the wire and touch the solder on it, so it flows.
I heat the mc wire and solder and let solder melt solder and run.
Didnt wanna join the wire like that. Have barrel type joiners for inline joints. Barrel type would have been easier yes..

Yea that's the same technique I was explaining too...what wattage is ur soldering iron btw? That way works well with my Weller irons

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 8th, 2018, 10:55 pm

These.

Not sure of the wattage. Is for small wire. Read good reviews on amazon and works good the way I use it.ImageImage

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2018, 11:03 am

Getting somewhere

Found the illumination wire

ImageImage

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » August 10th, 2018, 11:42 am

bess clamp meter there buddy!!!

whats next on your to do list for the install? any plans to work on it over the weekend?

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » August 10th, 2018, 1:11 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Getting somewhere

Found the illumination wire

ImageImage

I have so much extra wires with pins for harnesses (from re-pinning harnesses), but not this one. The dimmer wire on those mazda harnesses have a small small pin. I would have gee yuh one add if I had that size.

Build going nice!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Well I have it in standard mode for now and using the stock speakers.
Forgot to hook up the usb.
Working all weekend.

Next is to mock up amps.

Waiting for a reply on a mtx thunder blue from abroad. If not I feel I just say f**k it, pick up an msa1004 and call it a day. Image

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » August 10th, 2018, 1:46 pm

hate how even kits that were made specifically for certain vehicles still cant fit the little trimming finisher that decks come with...really dislike the fact that you get that finisher with all decks and most of the times cud never use it...and have to remain with that space all around the deck when installed unless u use something like foam tape to full the gap.

i assume u using all processing from the deck? its more than capable unlike alpine which has 250hz as their highest hp filter in the xover section :(

i have an alpine ONLY cuz i have fears of that pico fuse issue that pioneer decks still plagued with...otherwise 80prs for it too yes

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 10th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Pico fuse is still a problem with men tho?? proper grounding and power, and i haven't encountered that problem in ages

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”