Forums

wiring tips and advice..

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

wiring tips and advice..

Postby Ted_v2 » November 12th, 2018, 8:31 pm

im in the process of changing out some wires and connections in my vehicle, i have a galore of untidy wires, however im looking at getting some connectors like those above. Like for my tweeters on my dash..

as well as some 9 CORE speed wire, i have heard they are pretty good, anyone could attest to that? Where can i get these two items?

i already have a couple rolls of tesa tape, and those small tie wraps.

Im also looking for some advice as a way of attaching my amp to below my driver seat. My floor doesnt have any bolt holes nearby nor brackets. Its vinyl. Anyone has good advice as to what to use here? 3m two way tape? velcro?

jusrocky
3NE 2NR for life

Re: wiring tips and advice..

Postby jusrocky » November 12th, 2018, 11:39 pm

I have speed wire if you need (stinger)

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » November 13th, 2018, 9:10 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Image
im in the process of changing out some wires and connections in my vehicle, i have a galore of untidy wires, however im looking at getting some connectors like those above. Like for my tweeters on my dash..

as well as some 9 CORE speed wire, i have heard they are pretty good, anyone could attest to that? Where can i get these two items?

i already have a couple rolls of tesa tape, and those small tie wraps.

Im also looking for some advice as a way of attaching my amp to below my driver seat. My floor doesnt have any bolt holes nearby nor brackets. Its vinyl. Anyone has good advice as to what to use here? 3m two way tape? velcro?

if where the amps are to be mounted is vinyl then the velcro wont be as good of a fastener as the heavy duty 3m double sided...if it was going straight to carpet then u couldve use one side of the velcro strip.

if you around POS i can link u with more robust bullet connectors than those that will last you alot longer...probably the entire duration of your vehicle.,..i'd link you them for free once u can make it to POS...usually sell them for $50 a pair

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 13th, 2018, 9:16 am

OP amazon sells some waterproof fog lamp type connectors for cheap, its great for a quick disconnect for a pair of wires.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 13th, 2018, 11:08 am

2 simple ways to attach a amp board under a seat : put it under d vinyl\carpet & screw ur amp on it .... or make some kinda metal bracket that attaches d board to d bar that runs across under d seat ....

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 13th, 2018, 6:08 pm

thx for the advice fellas, will try the board below the vinyl and screw straight to it , never thought of that. Simple and would work excellent.

i have a roll of the 3m tape, will try that on my passives on the passenger side,

casper thx for the offer buddy, im located in south . doesnt be POS too regular

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » November 14th, 2018, 6:45 pm

you can make a harness with 14g/16g spade or bullet insulated connectors for tweets and mids using the speed wire

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”