Pioneer Evolution and Smart Sync

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Pioneer Evolution and Smart Sync

Postby kavaninho » February 18th, 2019, 7:19 pm

Hi All,
As we do notice Pioneer keeps on giving us great DSP functionality in the majority of their head units from approximately 2014 till present. At the moment one can purchase a single din head unit relatively cheap and have their entire system actively crossed over, time compensated, have speaker levels adjusted as well as have a 13+ bands of equalization. Most current models has DSP functionality just shy of the 80prs. I have noticed however, their 2019 models come with a "smart sync app" that allows you to expand your 13 band eq to a 31 band eq :o . I have only had approximately half hour play with the app and the expanded equalizer seems to do a pretty decent job. Anybody else willing to share their experience with this? In 2019 we have radios with 31band eq's under 1000TTD! :shock:

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Pioneer Evolution and Smart Sync

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 18th, 2019, 10:50 pm

this sounding like an ad tbh.

Pioneer paying ya to advertise for them awa :lol:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 19th, 2019, 7:58 am

Yet still some installers insist on using a pre amp and external xover while using these newer head units thus bottlenecking the signal quality

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » February 19th, 2019, 9:06 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:this sounding like an ad tbh.

Pioneer paying ya to advertise for them awa :lol:

Although it sounds like one, no..lol

I find it very amazing what is offered from pioneer at present vs 10 years ago at approximately 1/2 the price point.

Kenwood has up their game wrt DSP in head units as well, however, it is reflected alot in the cost. One thing that's nice that Kenwood has and Pioneer still has not integrated into their radios is having a high shelf filter for guys who run passive sets. This would be a nice addition to a pioneer when in Standard mode.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 19th, 2019, 11:06 am

OP like u does watch dean & fernando too orrr ...... heard about it few wks ago but never tried

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » February 19th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Rovin wrote:OP like u does watch dean & fernando too orrr ...... heard about it few wks ago but never tried

Yea, they does share some good stuff too. Reason for thread is because of my recent use of a DEH-S6100BS

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”