TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11005
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby *$kїđž!™ » March 21st, 2019, 8:58 am

Guys looking to buy an aqua or fielder...leaning to.aqua as i really dont need a big car and the price is cheaper ...is this the right thread...also.i wanna join the aqua whatsapp to get some info

1...does the car make a noise when battery is charging?

2. There is a key light on the dashboard and a beeping when driving the car ....is this because the fob battery is weak or dead..?..
Had to start tge car by putting fob on the start button and then press start...

Advertisement
_-OutKast-_
Riding on 13's
Posts: 2
Joined: March 3rd, 2019, 9:09 pm

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby _-OutKast-_ » March 26th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Does anyone know where i can get interior parts for a 2016 axio? I would like to replace the centre panel cover
Attachments
55506887_2000997953543431_6680610711674028032_n.png

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » March 27th, 2019, 11:29 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Guys looking to buy an aqua or fielder...leaning to.aqua as i really dont need a big car and the price is cheaper ...is this the right thread...


Cant go wrong with either vehicle. the Aqua is smaller and they both have their uses
this is the right place for Fielder questions. depending on the nature of the question tho, it can be applicable to the Aqua as they both share the same engine and HSD and a couple body parts

*$kїđž!™ wrote:1...does the car make a noise when battery is charging? -NO

2. There is a key light on the dashboard and a beeping when driving the car ....is this because the fob battery is weak or dead..?.. - YES

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11005
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby *$kїđž!™ » March 28th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Thanks much appreciated

User avatar
ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 853
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 6:21 am
Location: Marabella
Contact:

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby ramishrrr » March 30th, 2019, 11:16 am

Another reason to use the AC on your hybrid vehicle:
A bit far-fetched, but real.

Trinidad is a small island.
As such, there is a small percentage of salt in the atmosphere at most locations in this country at all times, more so Tobago.
Especially during the rainy season, there is an overload of moisture in the atmosphere. This is why you sweat so much, as the humidity is high.
An AC system removes moisture from the enclosed confines of your car. The evaporator cools the air being circulated condensing the moisture into water. Most of the salt will go with the water.

A point to note:
Chemical weathering occurs when you use a household fan with a metal grille. The high volumes of air-with-oxygen blowing through the grille, with particulates of salt causes oxidation. The grille begins to rust, as the fan is being used. If there was a second fan standing in the corner of the room never used, the grill would last much longer.


When you run your Hybrid car with the windows down, moisture laden air with particulates of salt is circulated by your underseat blower through your modular battery pack. (Salt promotes conduction of electricity by water.) This can cause corrosion of the busbars, terminals, screws and metallic components of the battery pack. Iron parts will rust easier.
Corrosion will eventually impede the flow of current, resulting in voltage drops which is not good for your electrical systems.

Peace.
RR.

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » April 1st, 2019, 4:39 pm

always good advice from the RR

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » April 1st, 2019, 4:40 pm

swapped in some new NGK plugs this weekend

they working, presently monitoring the fuel consumption

User avatar
ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 853
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 6:21 am
Location: Marabella
Contact:

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby ramishrrr » April 4th, 2019, 7:23 am

Here are some postings that are not mine to help us learn a little more about our vehicles.
Right now, I have a friend with an Aqua. The LV battery is dead, barely accepting charge.
Here is the big question:


Can I replace AGM battery with a standard lead battery?

Mathias Westerlund
Mathias Westerlund, Infrastructure Engineer and Datacenter Responsible at Schibsted Media Group (2016-present)
Answered May 15, 2018.

Yes, you can. They are both Lead Acid batteries. However. you need to consider a few things.

Deep cycles, Does your device discharge the battery below 50% on a regular basis? Stay with AGM it will be cheaper by not having to replace it as often because AGM can discharge much more without being damaged.
Multiple cycles, Does your device discharge and recharge in waves? If so stick with AGM, It has more discharge cycles before it breaks.
Does it move around and get tilted often? If so DON'T go with a WET lead acid, Go with a GEL or AGM instead or you will spill acid all over.
Do you need a extremely high current on a regular basis? go with AGM as it has a higher sustained discharge rate without being damaged.
Is it a normal car or some other similar situation? A normal WET or GEL style Lead Acid battery will do you just fine!



Chris Forgan
Chris Forgan, bush mechanic, IT tech, steel fabricator
Answered Aug 18, 2018 ·

In most situations yes. Just be aware that flooded (wet) batteries need more venting than agm or gel types and can only be mounted upright as they will spill otherwise. Just choose the right type either starting or deep cycle for your application. Your local specialist retailer should be able to advise you.

Also agm types have higher cycle life and need less maintenance than flooded types. Flooded are cheaper but may not be cost effective due to shorter life lower current capacity and higher maintenance.

Agm batteries, depending on the model can be used for starting or deep cycle duty. Some are able to do both, such as the optima yellow top range. The optima red top are for starting use and the green tops are for deep cycle. Only blue tops are for marine use.

Some agms are true deep cycle and can only be used for that.



Gerry Marchee
Answered Oct 29, 2017

More batteries are moving into the trunks and under the seats of some vehicles. If the battery is not under the hood, chances are its an absorbent glass mat (AGM) or gel cell battery. AGM batteries eliminate acid spilling in accidents because they are sealed. They can also be installed at odd angles.

Manufacturers can shave off a few pounds from the vehicle because these batteries pack a lot of power for their size and weight. That's a big reason why they are being found more and more on late-model vehicles.

False. These batteries like to be charged slow and low. Many AGM/gel cell battery chargers have microprocessors that collect information from the battery and adjust the current and voltage accordingly. Some have different settings for charging flooded, gel and AGM batteries. Overcharging can kill these batteries. Also, alternators are not chargers. Don't rely on an alternator to do the work of a charger. If a battery is discharged to the point that it cannot start the vehicle, use a charger as soon as possible to make sure the battery gets fully charged.

False. These types of batteries have lower internal resistance than flooded batteries. Older capacitance battery testers/analyzers may not be able to accurately read these batteries. Most new battery analyzers have a special mode for AGM/gel cell batteries. Old-school load testers might not provide conclusive results.

True and False. While the installation of the battery may be the same for the two battery styles, some vehicles require an extra step to tell the vehicle that the battery has been replaced. Newer vehicles have a Battery Sensor Module or similar systems. These systems require recalibration with a scan tool if the battery is replaced. If the system is not recalibrated, the alternator might overcharge the new battery and cause the battery to fail soon after replacement.

Most vehicle batteries need to be replaced three or four times during their lifetime. Average battery life is about four years, and less in hot climates. For maximum life, batteries must be fully charged and not left discharged for long.


Hope these views help.
Peace.
RR

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » April 8th, 2019, 10:17 am

Good Day,

The Fielder & Axio Hybrids TT club (FAHTT) will be hosting our second official meet on 27-Apr-2019.

FAHTT Meet27-04.jpg


there will be prizes and giveaways. Come out and meet your Fielder and Axio HYBRID family

Like us on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/FielderandAxioHybridsTnT/

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11005
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 12th, 2019, 6:27 pm

....

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » May 15th, 2019, 11:58 am

Pics have been uploaded to the FAHTT FB page
https://www.facebook.com/pg/FielderandA ... 8557618063

We had a great meet. Lots of new faces and great seeing some season Toyota veterans like @ramishr and the TTTA President Mr. Nick Baptiste
Our partner club the Toyota Aqua Club TT were invited and they came out. Prizes were sponsored and there were lots of giveaways.

Next meet is a community service event & lime Jun-1

World Environment Day Beach Cleanup

https://www.facebook.com/events/2181855708791488/

Location Manzanilla, Date Sat 1-Jun-2019

Given that we own environmentally aware\conscious\green vehicles, we would be supporting this initiative
World Environment Day is Jun 5, this event is being planned for 1-June-2019.
It is being planned by ZOffroad (a group that I am a part off)
Several other clubs and groups will be joining forces to get the numbers to make this a success. Our partner group TACTT (Aqua club) is on board, so too TTL200OC (Mitsubishi L200 club) FRCTT (Ford Ranger Club), Side B Offroad, Team Torque and others.
Most of the heavy work\planning will be done by the planning committee (ZOffroad) and I am a part of that. The supporting clubs will be required to participate by getting involved to do the work of cleaning the beach.

So this will not just be a work event, we will go there and lime after the work is done. Come out and support who wanna bubble a pot, we welcome that, we making it a meet as well, because we not just about hybrid tech and liming, but we are focused on our country and making a meaningful impact as a concerned group of people.

We will do a convoy styled drive down to Manzanilla and make a difference, pick up some garbage.
STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER DETAILS

faizoh
Riding on 13's
Posts: 6
Joined: October 4th, 2010, 2:05 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby faizoh » May 15th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Good day. I recently bought a 2016 Fielder and I have a Question about how the vehicle idles when the engine is running. My one fluctuates between 1 and 1 and a half on the tack is that normal? If not can someone recommend me to a technician that can assist me or point me in the direction of some help. Oh just for information i did clean the cooling fan for the battery. Thanks for the help...

User avatar
Joshie23
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1080
Joined: January 6th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Location: Southland.

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby Joshie23 » May 15th, 2019, 9:12 pm

faizoh wrote:Good day. I recently bought a 2016 Fielder and I have a Question about how the vehicle idles when the engine is running. My one fluctuates between 1 and 1 and a half on the tack is that normal? If not can someone recommend me to a technician that can assist me or point me in the direction of some help. Oh just for information i did clean the cooling fan for the battery. Thanks for the help...


Just for clarity, your tachometer is fluctuating between 1,000 and 1,500 rpm?

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » May 16th, 2019, 3:31 pm

faizoh wrote:Good day. I recently bought a 2016 Fielder and I have a Question about how the vehicle idles when the engine is running. My one fluctuates between 1 and 1 and a half on the tack is that normal? If not can someone recommend me to a technician that can assist me or point me in the direction of some help. Oh just for information i did clean the cooling fan for the battery. Thanks for the help...


perfectly normal

these cars do NOT idle

they go into EV mode and run on the HV battery when the engine is not needed. what u are calling "idle" is the engine starting to run MG1, to charge the HV battery because the HV battery SoC has reached the lower threshhold and requires charging up

you will notice that the engine will start and run at the 1000-1500 rpm "idle" for a few min, the battery level will increase and the engine will cut off, car will then go into EV mode

User avatar
halal.mafia
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: November 23rd, 2011, 6:39 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby halal.mafia » May 16th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Anyone know the price of fogs? And where to get them

faizoh
Riding on 13's
Posts: 6
Joined: October 4th, 2010, 2:05 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby faizoh » May 16th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Thanks for the info VENUM .......
And yes JOSHIE it is between 1,000 and 1,500rpm...

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » June 12th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Our World environment Day Beach Cleanup went really well

see our FB for pics
https://www.facebook.com/FielderandAxioHybridsTnT/

Zoffroad FB
https://www.facebook.com/46859746320764 ... 441770564/

Risharde Ramnath Photography
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p7Ynpq ... e=youtu.be

Adam95
Riding on 13's
Posts: 13
Joined: June 13th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby Adam95 » July 3rd, 2019, 11:17 pm

Good day folks, Id like some opinions on the Honda Grace Hybrid. Looking to buy a hybrid vehicle and im down to 3 choices: Aqua, Fielder or the grace. Any inputs who has the vehicle and can say whether is a good buy or not will truly help. Info in terms of ride quality, fuel consumption, interior quality, durability and reliablity will greatly be appreciated. Thanks for the feedback.

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11005
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby *$kїđž!™ » July 4th, 2019, 9:02 pm

I was in the position as u...those 3 choices i had to make...
I prefer toyota hybrid to honda as i know toyota had the prius out first...
So.i trust the toyota tech...the fielder was nice but to get nice features u had to pay a premium price...aqua is smaller and has lots of feature at a budget price....bout 80k....grace is 110k...fielder 110k as well...so it all depends on your situation and preference....I prefer toyota....

User avatar
supercharged turbo
punchin NOS
Posts: 3086
Joined: January 19th, 2011, 6:53 pm
Location: turn around

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby supercharged turbo » July 4th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Also,the Toyota hybrids will have a greater resale value

Adam95
Riding on 13's
Posts: 13
Joined: June 13th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby Adam95 » July 6th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Yes basically same sorta clash with me. I mean overal i would choose the toyota. But somehow with price the honda seems you get more for less when compared to the fielder. If $$ wasnt an issue id choose the fielder wxb no doubt. But thats like 130k depending on the year. With the honda its about 120k for the ex model with everything. If i had to choose id choose the toyota. However i hardly see posts about the honda grace and wanted to hear some feedback from owners just incase.

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » July 8th, 2019, 1:55 pm

personal experience
Fielder > Aqua for space, which i needed.
Aqua > Fielder fuel economy

cant talk for the grace, just the vezel

Good2gotrini
Riding on 13's
Posts: 9
Joined: July 10th, 2019, 9:10 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby Good2gotrini » July 10th, 2019, 11:47 pm

Bought 2016 Fielder Hybrid yesterday. Did a lot of research on Hybrids, gas prices etc. After 24 hours of ownership and driving all over the place with the A/C on full I’ve come to these conclusions:

1. Car gets great gas mileage. This is driving hard with mixed highway backroad use. I know it can vary but
we are off to a good start.

2. Roomy! I’m 6’5” and I fit good in the back with front seat all the way back.

3. Cars pulls good, not great, but good. You can pass with confidence.

4. It has some type of frontal collisions system, back up camera, lane assist and I believe 6 airbags that I could
find. All kinds of lasers and stuff in the front windshield. Sensors in front and back bumpers.

5. Rims are dinky. Mine came with 175/65/15. I’m guessing this is for cost cutting or gas savings. Looked around, hence all the driving to upgrade. Not one dealer recommended anything over 15”. 16” are ok but hard to find and low inventory/options. 17’s + at your own risk. So it looks like a 205/70/15 for a little extra cushion and lift. Potholes people.

6. Bought the car from D&D in Freeport. I am not plugging them! Shopped around and they had best price and service at the present time. They did something so the gauge cluster was mostly in English. The radio is another story. You can get the radio to read in like a 1/4 english but that is the best you can get. Just google it. You can put T&T stations on the radio just a lot of Japanese you have to deal with. You can replace the unit you just might also have to replace the backup camera.

Conclusion:

Gas prices are going to be high permanently. Every single place that I checked out all had mostly hybrids like fielders, aqua and Honda vezels mostly. Very few, and I mean very few gasoline engine only vehicles.

So for me all regular gasoline engines are out of the question. Sure would I like a new 2.0 lancer etc. but economics says otherwise.

The Aqua is small. Like really small. Two full suitcases in the rear are going to be a problem. My head bends in the back of this car, yes I’m tall but still. It’s cheaper then the Fielder but way smaller. It might get better mpg but the room sacrifice is not worth the the little mpg loss.

This car rides close to the Nissan Teana. Hopefully with the upgrade in tires/rims will make a difference. I will note that this car never bottomed out on any potholes etc.

Hope this helps.

User avatar
ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 853
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 6:21 am
Location: Marabella
Contact:

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby ramishrrr » July 12th, 2019, 11:07 pm

The NKE165 Fielder Hybrid is 1180KGS, while the gasoline NZE161 model is 1140KGS. Toyota has tried a lot of weight saving measures in the Hybrid to effect better fuel mileage. For instance, the tailgate is mainly plastic. Too, narrower tyres help with fuel mileage better than wide tyres.
Remember while the engine has lost the starter, alternator, belts and pulleys, there is the inverter, motor generator 1 & 2 in the transaxle. Then the battery pack under the seat. There were a lot of trade-offs. Even the door mirrors are lighter.
So by now all will agree, that fuel economy is the reason for Hybrids.
And yes, gas price WILL go up. But the current government, if they win election, will do it AFTER.
While it is claimed that Paria is running at a loss, they know that it will channel them towards political suicide if they announce a hike for the upcoming budget.
Like I said, in the next ten years, more than 50% of the vehicles on our roads will be either Hybrids or fully electric.
Peace.
RR.

dbhertz
Riding on 13's
Posts: 7
Joined: February 23rd, 2006, 12:21 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby dbhertz » July 13th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Good day,

I am looking to buy a Toyota Axio Hybrid. I checked several places (HSM, D&D, Bess Motors) and all had vehicles that looked good with decent mileage (10,000 kms - 30,000kms) with varying prices. Is there anything specific to check to avoid issues with engine, transmission or battery?

When I get it, should I immediately perform full engine/transmission/battery service (e.g. change the oil, spark plugs, transmission fluid, clean battery, etc.) if not done by the seller?

Also, please advise of mechanic/technician in Central area who I can use to service this vehicle as required. Thanks.

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5951
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » July 15th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Good2gotrini wrote:Bought 2016 Fielder Hybrid yesterday. Did a lot of research on Hybrids, gas prices etc.


congrats ! ! ! welcome to a whole new experience in vehicle ownership

make sure to check out our club on facebook and join our whatsapp chats. PM me you number or join from the FB page.
Fielder & Axio Hybrids TT
https://www.facebook.com/FielderandAxio ... =bookmarks

The #1 Hybrid Fielder & Axio club and resource in Trinidad & Tobago. We have all the resources for owning and maintaining your hybrid Fielders & Axios

Good2gotrini wrote:6. Bought the car from D&D in Freeport. I am not plugging them! Shopped around and they had best price and service at the present time. They did something so the gauge cluster was mostly in English. The radio is another story. You can get the radio to read in like a 1/4 english but that is the best you can get. Just google it. You can put T&T stations on the radio just a lot of Japanese you have to deal with. You can replace the unit you just might also have to replace the backup camera.


Please do explain more on what was done, send some pics of that "english" dashboard
I have been hearing bad things about them from ppl who bought aqua from them, they claim to service the cars, but they seem to do nothings as ppl getting their aqua with dirty hybrid battery cooling fans, the most common service area AND dirty tranny fluid, soo something about their service and delivery dont add up. I hope you have a positive experience with them.

Good2gotrini wrote:5. Rims are dinky. Mine came with 175/65/15. I’m guessing this is for cost cutting or gas savings. Looked around, hence all the driving to upgrade. Not one dealer recommended anything over 15”. 16” are ok but hard to find and low inventory/options. 17’s + at your own risk. So it looks like a 205/70/15 for a little extra cushion and lift. Potholes people.

This car rides close to the Nissan Teana. Hopefully with the upgrade in tires/rims will make a difference. I will note that this car never bottomed out on any potholes etc.


the skinny tyres were explained earlier by ramishrrr , but they do ride really nice, real smooth and no noise.

I changed to 195/55/15 on some light rims and my fuel economy did not drop. i feel safer doing highway speed with the broader tyres. these cars touch badly when given slight load, several owners have done mods to prevent that. its prob the most major disappointment with the car to me. the lil "mudguards" in front the rear wheels are the main culprits.

first thing you should do is get the real mileage that it is doing as you cannot trust the dashboard, mine was saying 25,000km but stickers in the engine was saying 58,000km and the mileage verification showed 60,000km at de-registration

contact Harry at 777-3002 for the report.

User avatar
ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 853
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 6:21 am
Location: Marabella
Contact:

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby ramishrrr » July 17th, 2019, 6:21 am

In the Foreign Used Car business it is VERY common to have the odometer rolled back. Many of the Japanese exporters do it before putting their cars on their Stock list. Zulfiqar Motors is notable for this. There are others who will do it free if asked, before the car is shipped. Others would charge a fee to do it before the car is shipped, about US$100.

However, this week I was told by a Japanese exporter that T&T Customs are now giving some thunder for importing cars with rolled-back mileage. Usually when the car arrives on the port there is a little sticker in the right side of the dashboard (where the driver's door meet) that has the correct mileage. Too, the Japanese-language Export Certificate, that has to be presented to Licensing Office has the correct mileage printed on it up to certain years. There are now persons in Trinidad who can roll it back also. They even advertise in the Express. Of course, the little sticker is removed, and a customer will never see the Export Certificate.

Now let us tie this on with selling a car.
Three things influence the price of a car in Japan. 1.The Year of Manufacture. 2. The mileage. 3. The general condition.
If you have a car here, and you use it every day, maybe you will put 200 kms a week average. That for a year will be x 52= 10,400kms. In 4 years it will be 41,600. So how come all the cars in dealer lots in T&T are 24,000kms and under. Do the maths !

Yes. They buy cheap, older high-mileage cars. Then roll back the mileage, do a cleaning and Armor-All in the interior, wash the engine and underbody, change engine oil and filters, do touch up, even flash-over. Some even sell the car with snow tyres (against TTBS requirements). The initial cost of importing the vehicle plus all the things I mentioned is still way below the figure they sell it for.
However, please be informed that the general condition of a car in Japan doing 50,000 kms is far better than the same model of car in Trinidad doing the same mileage. Our horrible roads, stop-and-go driving, dusty, rainy conditions wreak havoc on our motor vehicles. Japan has milder weather than here in the tropics, even winter, so on a 2015 model, the paintwork, rubbers, dashboard and upholstery are quite good.

New car dealers do not like you, nor do used car dealers. Money is the name of the game................lots of it. This is what business is all about. It is up to you to use the sense in your head to see what is your best bet.

Peace.
RR.

Good2gotrini
Riding on 13's
Posts: 9
Joined: July 10th, 2019, 9:10 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby Good2gotrini » July 17th, 2019, 2:54 pm

15633894516589019562027885651326.jpg
venum wrote:
Good2gotrini wrote:Bought 2016 Fielder Hybrid yesterday. Did a lot of research on Hybrids, gas prices etc.


congrats ! ! ! welcome to a whole new experience in vehicle ownership

make sure to check out our club on facebook and join our whatsapp chats. PM me you number or join from the FB page.
Fielder & Axio Hybrids TT
https://www.facebook.com/FielderandAxio ... =bookmarks

The #1 Hybrid Fielder & Axio club and resource in Trinidad & Tobago. We have all the resources for owning and maintaining your hybrid Fielders & Axios

Good2gotrini wrote:6. Bought the car from D&D in Freeport. I am not plugging them! Shopped around and they had best price and service at the present time. They did something so the gauge cluster was mostly in English. The radio is another story. You can get the radio to read in like a 1/4 english but that is the best you can get. Just google it. You can put T&T stations on the radio just a lot of Japanese you have to deal with. You can replace the unit you just might also have to replace the backup camera.


Please do explain more on what was done, send some pics of that "english" dashboard
I have been hearing bad things about them from ppl who bought aqua from them, they claim to service the cars, but they seem to do nothings as ppl getting their aqua with dirty hybrid battery cooling fans, the most common service area AND dirty tranny fluid, soo something about their service and delivery dont add up. I hope you have a positive experience with them.

Good2gotrini wrote:5. Rims are dinky. Mine came with 175/65/15. I’m guessing this is for cost cutting or gas savings. Looked around, hence all the driving to upgrade. Not one dealer recommended anything over 15”. 16” are ok but hard to find and low inventory/options. 17’s + at your own risk. So it looks like a 205/70/15 for a little extra cushion and lift. Potholes people.

This car rides close to the Nissan Teana. Hopefully with the upgrade in tires/rims will make a difference. I will note that this car never bottomed out on any potholes etc.


the skinny tyres were explained earlier by ramishrrr , but they do ride really nice, real smooth and no noise.

I changed to 195/55/15 on some light rims and my fuel economy did not drop. i feel safer doing highway speed with the broader tyres. these cars touch badly when given slight load, several owners have done mods to prevent that. its prob the most major disappointment with the car to me. the lil "mudguards" in front the rear wheels are the main culprits.

first thing you should do is get the real mileage that it is doing as you cannot trust the dashboard, mine was saying 25,000km but stickers in the engine was saying 58,000km and the mileage verification showed 60,000km at de-registration

contact Harry at 777-3002 for the report.

15633896005637390862347100927150.jpg
Attachments
15633895865805535089330099235589.jpg
15633895675581861849811928388488.jpg

Good2gotrini
Riding on 13's
Posts: 9
Joined: July 10th, 2019, 9:10 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby Good2gotrini » July 17th, 2019, 2:55 pm

15633896925678332600031063622428.jpg
Good2gotrini wrote:15633894516589019562027885651326.jpg
venum wrote:
Good2gotrini wrote:Bought 2016 Fielder Hybrid yesterday. Did a lot of research on Hybrids, gas prices etc.


congrats ! ! ! welcome to a whole new experience in vehicle ownership

make sure to check out our club on facebook and join our whatsapp chats. PM me you number or join from the FB page.
Fielder & Axio Hybrids TT
https://www.facebook.com/FielderandAxio ... =bookmarks

The #1 Hybrid Fielder & Axio club and resource in Trinidad & Tobago. We have all the resources for owning and maintaining your hybrid Fielders & Axios

Good2gotrini wrote:6. Bought the car from D&D in Freeport. I am not plugging them! Shopped around and they had best price and service at the present time. They did something so the gauge cluster was mostly in English. The radio is another story. You can get the radio to read in like a 1/4 english but that is the best you can get. Just google it. You can put T&T stations on the radio just a lot of Japanese you have to deal with. You can replace the unit you just might also have to replace the backup camera.


Please do explain more on what was done, send some pics of that "english" dashboard
I have been hearing bad things about them from ppl who bought aqua from them, they claim to service the cars, but they seem to do nothings as ppl getting their aqua with dirty hybrid battery cooling fans, the most common service area AND dirty tranny fluid, soo something about their service and delivery dont add up. I hope you have a positive experience with them.

Good2gotrini wrote:5. Rims are dinky. Mine came with 175/65/15. I’m guessing this is for cost cutting or gas savings. Looked around, hence all the driving to upgrade. Not one dealer recommended anything over 15”. 16” are ok but hard to find and low inventory/options. 17’s + at your own risk. So it looks like a 205/70/15 for a little extra cushion and lift. Potholes people.

This car rides close to the Nissan Teana. Hopefully with the upgrade in tires/rims will make a difference. I will note that this car never bottomed out on any potholes etc.


the skinny tyres were explained earlier by ramishrrr , but they do ride really nice, real smooth and no noise.

I changed to 195/55/15 on some light rims and my fuel economy did not drop. i feel safer doing highway speed with the broader tyres. these cars touch badly when given slight load, several owners have done mods to prevent that. its prob the most major disappointment with the car to me. the lil "mudguards" in front the rear wheels are the main culprits.

first thing you should do is get the real mileage that it is doing as you cannot trust the dashboard, mine was saying 25,000km but stickers in the engine was saying 58,000km and the mileage verification showed 60,000km at de-registration

contact Harry at 777-3002 for the report.

15633896005637390862347100927150.jpg

Good2gotrini
Riding on 13's
Posts: 9
Joined: July 10th, 2019, 9:10 pm

Re: Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby Good2gotrini » July 17th, 2019, 2:55 pm

15633897370944262820622755962466.jpg
Good2gotrini wrote:15633896925678332600031063622428.jpg
Good2gotrini wrote:15633894516589019562027885651326.jpg
venum wrote:
Good2gotrini wrote:Bought 2016 Fielder Hybrid yesterday. Did a lot of research on Hybrids, gas prices etc.


congrats ! ! ! welcome to a whole new experience in vehicle ownership

make sure to check out our club on facebook and join our whatsapp chats. PM me you number or join from the FB page.
Fielder & Axio Hybrids TT
https://www.facebook.com/FielderandAxio ... =bookmarks

The #1 Hybrid Fielder & Axio club and resource in Trinidad & Tobago. We have all the resources for owning and maintaining your hybrid Fielders & Axios

Good2gotrini wrote:6. Bought the car from D&D in Freeport. I am not plugging them! Shopped around and they had best price and service at the present time. They did something so the gauge cluster was mostly in English. The radio is another story. You can get the radio to read in like a 1/4 english but that is the best you can get. Just google it. You can put T&T stations on the radio just a lot of Japanese you have to deal with. You can replace the unit you just might also have to replace the backup camera.


Please do explain more on what was done, send some pics of that "english" dashboard
I have been hearing bad things about them from ppl who bought aqua from them, they claim to service the cars, but they seem to do nothings as ppl getting their aqua with dirty hybrid battery cooling fans, the most common service area AND dirty tranny fluid, soo something about their service and delivery dont add up. I hope you have a positive experience with them.

Good2gotrini wrote:5. Rims are dinky. Mine came with 175/65/15. I’m guessing this is for cost cutting or gas savings. Looked around, hence all the driving to upgrade. Not one dealer recommended anything over 15”. 16” are ok but hard to find and low inventory/options. 17’s + at your own risk. So it looks like a 205/70/15 for a little extra cushion and lift. Potholes people.

This car rides close to the Nissan Teana. Hopefully with the upgrade in tires/rims will make a difference. I will note that this car never bottomed out on any potholes etc.


the skinny tyres were explained earlier by ramishrrr , but they do ride really nice, real smooth and no noise.

I changed to 195/55/15 on some light rims and my fuel economy did not drop. i feel safer doing highway speed with the broader tyres. these cars touch badly when given slight load, several owners have done mods to prevent that. its prob the most major disappointment with the car to me. the lil "mudguards" in front the rear wheels are the main culprits.

first thing you should do is get the real mileage that it is doing as you cannot trust the dashboard, mine was saying 25,000km but stickers in the engine was saying 58,000km and the mileage verification showed 60,000km at de-registration

contact Harry at 777-3002 for the report.

15633896005637390862347100927150.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests