TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Best deal for a Hilux

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RollaCoaster
Street 2NR

Postby RollaCoaster » April 16th, 2007, 10:44 pm

Don't know about going to Toyota Trinidad. I bought a Corolla from there, had it about 1.5 years, let me tell you the service has been less than stellar. The last time i was there it was like a fish market. There were so many people arguing. I went there for a routine service plus an injector clean. i brought my own oil and they still charged me over $1300. I really do not like the fact that you cannot see what is being done and the shady characters that they have driving the customer cars as well. I really dont think that they do so much that they have to charge $1300. If i were to do it again, i would go foreign used, if you are able to sevice the car yourself you could hve saved your self some money depending on the amount of driving you do, and get something more upscale. Let's hope Toyota Trinidad gets their act together

Jewel_Star
Riding on 13's

Postby Jewel_Star » April 17th, 2007, 10:12 am

Wow i thought the service was great with the company? The way I understood it is that you get a warranty and the company handles maintenance for this period.

RollaCoaster
Street 2NR

Postby RollaCoaster » April 17th, 2007, 10:29 am

No, it's you that handle the maintenance payments. I need to clarify on how this affects the warranty. The service is fine for people who are busy and dont have time to dedicate to doing a service. but even then you have to drop it off for the day. The service is ok, where the car or vehicle feels smoother and generally runs like the day you got it from the showroom. However, i am skeptical about the value i am getting from the money i put out on each service. The only problems i have when i get back the car from the service is that my radio station is always on 96.1 and the AC is up to speed 4, everytime.

aviboy
Trinituner Peong

Postby aviboy » April 17th, 2007, 4:25 pm

i know their prices are hot.... however buy the brand new van or local used as toyota only fixing the vans they sell...... however wen they finish servicing your vehicle it runs smoothe as ever... they do 1 of the best serviceson ur vehicle.. way better than neal and massy....

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » April 17th, 2007, 6:02 pm

Toyota service is expensive but good. TCM also does good maintenance. But for a regular oil change, I wouldn't check them. I can do that myself or my any good neighbourhood mechanic.

FYI...Almost to the end of the warranty period/mileage, there's a service they offer called the defect report $250... if any major part is defective, they change it, if any minor part not covered by the warranty if defective you pay.

The difference with Toyota and the other car companies is that Toyota doesn't force you to service with them in order to maintain the warranty. Even if you never service with them they honor the warranty.

I've done it before with my hilux and was really impressed because I wasn't charged for replacing a $1700 idle arm, besides that I got the old one back which is still pretty good according to my mechanic.

Replacing the idle arm bushing, a defective battery (covered 50% of cost), replacing steering stoppers, re-torque the suspension, regreasing the suspension came up to $700. Not too bad.

RollaCoaster
Street 2NR

Postby RollaCoaster » April 18th, 2007, 10:28 am

i need to check on that, as someone else said that they have to go every 10,000km to keep the warranty. Thanks for the info as i did not know about the defect report

aviboy
Trinituner Peong

Postby aviboy » April 19th, 2007, 8:07 am

just call in and ask for Mr Beard and if he is not there take his cell #... he is a very kind kool fella to deal with...

Sam87
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sam87 » May 26th, 2008, 6:11 pm

So fellas, given that all the adivces was great and very helpful..

I have one question.

I'm looking for a IMV Hilux, 2.7VVTI no accessories really just a tach, the original rims. fogs and a chrome rear bumper

how much that'll run me so?

Sam87
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sam87 » May 26th, 2008, 6:12 pm

oh.. deisel manual

aviboy
Trinituner Peong

Postby aviboy » May 26th, 2008, 7:48 pm

bet 200-230 K

ssaroop
Street 2NR

Postby ssaroop » June 11th, 2008, 2:26 pm

are you all aware that all the new toyota vehicles are coming from thailand? both the roro and from tttl. the quality is not as good as previous years. yes it is bette rto get a warranty, especially if you are spending that kind of money.
for roro check roc or m rampersad. these two have best prices and accessories.

for insurance, check colfire, they give discounts for stuff like being a member of a credit union, insurance policy with colfire/clico, paying for insurance with republic bank credit card, safe drivers discount ect, call 800 quote.

on the warranty issue with tttl, it is not as simple as one would expect. lots of run around before claims are settled. helps if you have friend there.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”