TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

wtb exhaust

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

wtb exhaust

Postby TRDGUY » May 1st, 2008, 4:30 pm

tuners i dont know if you have ever seen the exhaust barrels with the stainless steel apperance it looks just like the regular silencers but it is stainless steel in appearance ( quiet not noisy)..... i want to buy one , any info pass it my way thanks .

linker
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linker » May 2nd, 2008, 12:45 am

not sure as to which barrel you are talking about.... thing is , that if you are just going to change the barrel and leave the cat, the it would be less noisy as opposed to removing the cat as well as the stock barrel...
if you just like how the barrel looks, then a simple change will keep it sorta quiet.... thin is, most barrels will have a 2 inch or 2.5 inch inlet, and the stock piping is about 1.5 inches....may have to change the pipes from the after the cat to 2 inch, but remember that with the cat, the airflow will still be restricted.

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » May 2nd, 2008, 9:19 am

i have a modified exhaust system already with 2" piping from fron to back with 4:1 headers . but the one i have presently is too nosiy i really want to change to this stainless steel barell because it looks good as well apart from being silent .

dmitc
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dmitc » May 2nd, 2008, 10:15 am

then the thing you also want is a resonator it is fitted after the cat and it reduces the niose without much airflow restriction lifewear mufflers did mine for 350 installed yours should be less as i did it on 2.5" pipes. noticable difference in noice level.
check them out there # would be in the phone book they do really good work

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » May 2nd, 2008, 11:38 am

AYE THANKS MAN I APPRECIATE THE INFO

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”