TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

air con problems

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

badandy
3NE 2NR for life

air con problems

Postby badandy » June 9th, 2008, 7:40 pm

yeah fellas.
my a/c working rel good while driving, but when u stick in traffic or park and waiting after 10 mins, d a/c stops coolin.

i serviced d a/c in jan 2008 .

re-gas, change the condenser? [d bottle in front by d bumper],
and a hose that rub on the alternator and got a fine cut.

somebody...anybody. help..

wat 2 do....
who 2 go by,....
thks guys.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » June 9th, 2008, 7:49 pm

it's equipped with a pressure relief system that allows the a/c to switch off (compressor clutch disengages) when the low side builds too much pressure (ie. when the compressor is starting to go bad and doesn't "pull" as well as it should, or when the line has too much gas)

carry it by an a/c tech and let them test the line pressure under the conditions u experienced this and they'll let u know if u need to change the compressor or not

buzz
Riding on 17's

Postby buzz » June 10th, 2008, 12:01 am

could be a failing compressor coil as well... seen this happen b4... when the car is in traffic and the clutch disengagees, when the time comes for it to engage the coil isn't strong enough...

$0.02

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » June 10th, 2008, 8:45 pm

yuh fan working??
$0.02 again :mrgreen:

buzz
Riding on 17's

Postby buzz » June 10th, 2008, 10:28 pm

^ that is a good question btw :!:

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » June 11th, 2008, 7:55 am

Zeriam wrote:yuh fan working??
$0.02 again :mrgreen:

Check this first thing.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » June 12th, 2008, 4:56 pm

If it is a car 5-6 years old it could be the following.

1. Check if there is a removeable filter behind the dash that needs cleaning/renewal.

2. This is a bigger issue.
Dust starts to clog the fins of the evaporator in the blower box behind the dash. That slows movement of the cold air from the coils to the vents, and to the cabin. However the thermostat is feeling the cold air in the evaporator box, and trips off the compressor clutch.

Turn on the ignition.....don't start the engine. Check the speeds of the blower and feel the quantity of air coming through the vents. (Compare it to that of someone's car with a good working AC)If the volume is substantially less than the good-working one, then the evaporator coil-fins need cleaning.
Because the dust buildup is gradual over years, you would hardly notice the deterioration of cooling and air volume coming through the vents.
This would require depressuring, removing, cleaning and recharging. Be careful with these AC places. These buggers want to maximise their profits, so they tell you that the expansion valve, and drier bottle need changing also, accompanied with a cock-and-bull reason why.
When I had mine cleaned on my B14 after 8 years from brand new, the volume of air was making my shirt flutter, and was freezing on the hottest days. I paid $2400 in 2006................and yes, they caught me with the expansion valve and drier bottle tripe.

All the best.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”