TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
fareed7298
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 117
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 8:30 am
Location: P.O.S

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby fareed7298 » May 13th, 2012, 7:38 pm

looking for a 1JZ water pump help please!

Advertisement
Naka
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 189
Joined: March 6th, 2007, 7:22 am
Location: Central.

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Naka » May 16th, 2012, 10:22 am

^gavins performance i think is his name, he on thuner, do a lil search nah, he used to have them new.

User avatar
fareed7298
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 117
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 8:30 am
Location: P.O.S

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby fareed7298 » May 16th, 2012, 2:12 pm

kool will do thanks

User avatar
turbo_boy411
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 324
Joined: February 19th, 2006, 1:51 pm
Location: on the quarter mile

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby turbo_boy411 » May 19th, 2012, 12:33 am

tuner imports have them genuine oem in stock also!

Naka
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 189
Joined: March 6th, 2007, 7:22 am
Location: Central.

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Naka » May 21st, 2012, 8:38 am

^can you remember what price you saw them going for?

User avatar
nismown3d
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 333
Joined: September 4th, 2007, 9:09 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby nismown3d » May 26th, 2012, 5:50 am

rx80 wrote:VVTI is the bomb !!! Wait you'll see.......



VVTi is great. My T51R spools up almost 1000rpm faster than it would on the non VVTi.

The biggest disadvantage with VVTi.....Drive by wire. The VVTi control map is also very complex and it's a very tough engine to get running properly. But once you get it running properly, you'll see why the extra effort is worth it.

My 2JZ-VVTi daily driver:

Image

Image

Image



And this is what my house looks like:

Image




Yes I have a serious problem / addiction.

User avatar
rx80
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 677
Joined: September 12th, 2007, 5:13 pm
Location: TOYS "R" US !!!!

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby rx80 » May 26th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Four 2j ..? De hellll.......
What management you running on the gs 2jz? I noticed yo have no maf and a blow off valve......

User avatar
nismown3d
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 333
Joined: September 4th, 2007, 9:09 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby nismown3d » May 27th, 2012, 12:45 am

Here's the full modlist on the GS:

Engine / Fuel / Exhaust:
-2JZ-GTE VVTi from 98 Aristo V300
-PoorForm motor mounts
-HKS 264 exhaust cam
-HKS 264 Vcam Pro
-HKS Valcon conroller
-HKS timing belt
-HKS exhaust cam gear
-HKS T51R SPL turbo
-HKS GTII 60mm wastegate
-HKS 100mm intake filter
-Custom manifold, downpipe, intake tube
-Fujitsubo Super Legalis R
-HKS SQV Racing valve
-HKS Fuel Rail
-HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Fuel system converted from returnless to return
-Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
-SRT twin pump hanger
-Deatschwerks 340LPH fuel pumps (2)
-Sard Jet Pump Killer
-DM high output alternator

Engine Electronics:
-HKS Fcon Vpro 3.3
-HKS AFK wideband / knock amp
-HKS EVC 5 boost controller
-HKS mixture controller
-Defi Advance BF gauges (boost, egt, fuel press, oil press)

Drivetrain / Cooling:
-Greddy 25R intercooler core
-Custom end tanks, piping
-Adel Wiggins Clamshell couplings
-Koyo Race radiator
-Spal electric fans
-Greddy ATF cooler
-Greddy 16 row oil cooler w/thermostat and relocation
-OS Giken Super Lock LSD
-Custom built 30-40LS trans

Brakes / Wheels / Suspension:
-Endless 345x32 6-piston big brake kit - E Slit rotors
-TRD stainless steel rear brake lines
-Endless ME20 brake pads
-Endless RF-650 brake fluid
-Rotiform Super Concave NUE 20x10.5, 20x13
-Zeal Function T coilovers 18K/15K, custom valved
-TRD blue sway bars (front and rear)
-Exact Motorsports Roll Centre Adjusters
-Ikeya Formula Toe arms
-Ikeya Formula subframe spacers
-Figs Custom rear lower control arms
-Figs Trac links
-TRD rear knuckle bushings

Interior / Sound:
-Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD deck
-Focal 165KRXS front speakers
-Focal 130CVX rear speakers
-Focal 33KX subwoofer
-Steg K202 amplifier (sub)
-Steg Masterstroke MSK1500 amplifier (front speakers)
-Escort 9500ix radar
-Excort ZR3 laser shifter
-Bride Vorga Carbon Fibre seats
-Bride RO seat rail
-Takata 4pt seat harnesses
-Nardi steering wheel (Ridox Orido edition 1/200)
-Worksbell hub
-TRD Aristo 320k cluster (custom wired in)
-All dash lights converted to white LED's

Exterior:
-Vertex aero kit
-HKS Kansai hood
-TRD grille
-Junction Produce 3pc spoiler, molded in
-L-Sportline roof spoiler
-Rear fenders pulled and flared
-Front fenders pulled
-Retrofitted headlights with LS460 projectors
-4300K low beam HID's
-3000K foglight HID's

Future Modifications:
-GS450h front end


Car is in the paint shop right now, I should get it back in about a month.

User avatar
turbo_boy411
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 324
Joined: February 19th, 2006, 1:51 pm
Location: on the quarter mile

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby turbo_boy411 » May 31st, 2012, 12:43 am

tell me das not ur garage!!! waaaaaaaaaayyyyzz :DROOLS:

Realtime Performance
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2009, 3:32 pm
Location: 357 Corner Isles Street and Southern Main Enterprise Chaguanas

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Realtime Performance » July 17th, 2012, 4:23 pm

finally 2jzgte installed in an a31 cefiro with t76 turbo
runs like it was factory installed smooth with power.

Naka
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 189
Joined: March 6th, 2007, 7:22 am
Location: Central.

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Naka » July 20th, 2012, 12:54 pm

great job dude and kudos to the man with the beasty garage!!!!

Realtime Performance
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2009, 3:32 pm
Location: 357 Corner Isles Street and Southern Main Enterprise Chaguanas

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Realtime Performance » July 20th, 2012, 3:35 pm

thanks man

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: January 27th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby seecarr11 » July 24th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Realtime Performance wrote:finally 2jzgte installed in an a31 cefiro with t76 turbo
runs like it was factory installed smooth with power.


pics?

Realtime Performance
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2009, 3:32 pm
Location: 357 Corner Isles Street and Southern Main Enterprise Chaguanas

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Realtime Performance » July 25th, 2012, 9:44 am

its in the garage doing a paint over right now.
pics when done

User avatar
Blacklisted D PAK
Street 2NR
Posts: 68
Joined: August 4th, 2008, 6:37 pm
Location: South, Trinidad

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Blacklisted D PAK » August 21st, 2012, 2:08 am

Hmmm, did a 2jzgte vvti swap on a igfe altezza got most of the problems soughted temperature, drive shaft, LSD even suspension but speed signal is ah beyotch...read abt using the abs to get a signal since its auto but.???. Heard men talk bout dekota box and all kinda tra la la? Doing research a while... Heard pple run both 1gfe ecu parallel to aristo ecu butt not sure what to believe, most sites documented is300 build but that is different to our platform we have in Trinidad, engine wise plus wiring.....any lucky person have an answer to my problems would really be cool... Btw cool tread helped me dodge a lot of obstacles

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: January 27th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby seecarr11 » August 22nd, 2012, 6:47 pm

Blacklisted D PAK wrote:Hmmm, did a 2jzgte vvti swap on a igfe altezza got most of the problems soughted temperature, drive shaft, LSD even suspension but speed signal is ah beyotch...read abt using the abs to get a signal since its auto but.???. Heard men talk bout dekota box and all kinda tra la la? Doing research a while... Heard pple run both 1gfe ecu parallel to aristo ecu butt not sure what to believe, most sites documented is300 build but that is different to our platform we have in Trinidad, engine wise plus wiring.....any lucky person have an answer to my problems would really be cool... Btw cool tread helped me dodge a lot of obstacles



interesting. in the GXE10 swap the speedo and the tach are easier to get working vs the SXE10. Is your OEM temp guage working? if it is, let me know how u did it please. what did u do with your drive shaft, engine mounting and intercooler piping and fitment?

and yes, if you want to maintain the oem multiplex systems, (e.g. avoid the "E" error on the climate control for outside temp) you will have to leave the oem ecu installed and run both ecu in parallel. which means some signals will be shared. this is especially true for the IS200 version.

User avatar
Blacklisted D PAK
Street 2NR
Posts: 68
Joined: August 4th, 2008, 6:37 pm
Location: South, Trinidad

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Blacklisted D PAK » August 22nd, 2012, 9:27 pm

Costom built drive shaft, temperature is measured via external guage O_o, engine mount work bk original seeing it was a 6cyl..3" inter cooler pipes fitted perfectly limited space frm radiator tho ultra thin fans did the trick for cooling *high powered*

User avatar
Blacklisted D PAK
Street 2NR
Posts: 68
Joined: August 4th, 2008, 6:37 pm
Location: South, Trinidad

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Blacklisted D PAK » August 22nd, 2012, 9:30 pm

Tach work ok but speedoooooo.....and I didnt run the ecu parallel so getting the err by climate control etc..smh

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: January 27th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby seecarr11 » August 22nd, 2012, 10:08 pm

my tach, speedo works just fine. yours should be working too. i don't understand why it isnt. strange. my drive shaft came from a USDM is300 so no cutting or custom work. i use stock fans and rads and the temps don't go past 180f.

engine brackets from the 1G are different to the JZ. the mount itself maybe be similar?
did you change your oil sump? how did u solve the cross member clearance issue?

User avatar
Blacklisted D PAK
Street 2NR
Posts: 68
Joined: August 4th, 2008, 6:37 pm
Location: South, Trinidad

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Blacklisted D PAK » September 2nd, 2012, 12:49 am

Front sump

User avatar
Blacklisted D PAK
Street 2NR
Posts: 68
Joined: August 4th, 2008, 6:37 pm
Location: South, Trinidad

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Blacklisted D PAK » September 2nd, 2012, 12:52 am

O_o planing on getting a USDm is300 driveshaft bt would it work wit the aristo tranny 4 speed?? And wondering how ur speedo working

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: January 27th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby seecarr11 » September 2nd, 2012, 11:40 pm

no the driveshaft won't without mod on the aristo transmission.
My speedo works cause my mech did his magic. dont know what he did but he got the skills. it works in the other jz swap he did before mine, so i thought it was a normal part of the swap:roll:

i didn't realize it was difficult get that working. I must remember to thank him 8-)

User avatar
Blacklisted D PAK
Street 2NR
Posts: 68
Joined: August 4th, 2008, 6:37 pm
Location: South, Trinidad

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby Blacklisted D PAK » September 4th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Lucky... Ima do some research hope I'm lucky 2

User avatar
redsupra101
2NRholic
Posts: 1570
Joined: February 27th, 2004, 2:26 am
Location: \
Contact:

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby redsupra101 » October 29th, 2012, 11:53 pm

seecarr11 wrote:no the driveshaft won't without mod on the aristo transmission.
My speedo works cause my mech did his magic. dont know what he did but he got the skills. it works in the other jz swap he did before mine, so i thought it was a normal part of the swap:roll:

i didn't realize it was difficult get that working. I must remember to thank him 8-)


I believe the difference is in where the engine ECU takes the speed reading.

Manual appears to take speed reading from the gearbox, autos take the reading from the ABS unit

Given this logic, to fix the speedometer you may need to know how to wire the ABS to a compatible ABS pump. might have to change the one you are using now to match the setup in the Aristo/donor car.

I am not certain of this, but it's what i'm looking into for fixing my own speedo issue.

User avatar
redsupra101
2NRholic
Posts: 1570
Joined: February 27th, 2004, 2:26 am
Location: \
Contact:

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby redsupra101 » November 3rd, 2012, 1:59 pm

Blacklisted D PAK wrote:Tach work ok but speedoooooo.....and I didnt run the ecu parallel so getting the err by climate control etc..smh


I dont have this problem with the AC, and I dont have 2 ECUs either. I can put you onto my mechanic if you want, my swap has 0 mysteries to it - everything is as expected.

water temp/mpg not working
speedo not working because I am yet to get the ABS unit with speed sensor, though ABS itself works fine.

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: January 27th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby seecarr11 » November 4th, 2012, 2:12 pm

redsupra101 wrote:
Blacklisted D PAK wrote:Tach work ok but speedoooooo.....and I didnt run the ecu parallel so getting the err by climate control etc..smh


I dont have this problem with the AC, and I dont have 2 ECUs either. I can put you onto my mechanic if you want, my swap has 0 mysteries to it - everything is as expected.

water temp/mpg not working
speedo not working because I am yet to get the ABS unit with speed sensor, though ABS itself works fine.


do you get an outside temperture reading? does your ac adjust automatically when you set it to auto mode? ect and snow modes function? traction control and cruise control?

User avatar
@x£kR£w
Riding on 13's
Posts: 4
Joined: June 15th, 2012, 5:11 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby @x£kR£w » November 5th, 2012, 9:06 pm

one small question............what's the average fuel economy on ah 2jzgte vvti?? i did some research but my computer nearly got a heart attack tryin 2 go on ah website.......

User avatar
redsupra101
2NRholic
Posts: 1570
Joined: February 27th, 2004, 2:26 am
Location: \
Contact:

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby redsupra101 » November 6th, 2012, 12:36 am

seecarr11 wrote:
redsupra101 wrote:
Blacklisted D PAK wrote:Tach work ok but speedoooooo.....and I didnt run the ecu parallel so getting the err by climate control etc..smh


I dont have this problem with the AC, and I dont have 2 ECUs either. I can put you onto my mechanic if you want, my swap has 0 mysteries to it - everything is as expected.

water temp/mpg not working
speedo not working because I am yet to get the ABS unit with speed sensor, though ABS itself works fine.


do you get an outside temperture reading? does your ac adjust automatically when you set it to auto mode? ect and snow modes function? traction control and cruise control?


outside temp works. where is the outside temp sensor anyway?

ac auto mode work the same way it did before the swap (which was crap IMO)

ect/snow not wired in because i didnt get the right shifter yet, should be done nov month end. all i have now is P-R-N-D because i am using the wrong shifter, but all the forward gears engage properly while driving (notice some people had a problem with this)

traction control not wired in (didnt ask for it - but may need the tcs computer from the donor car, not sure. sure the guy can do it if i wanted it though)

neither my car nor the donor had cruise control as far as i remember (not that im interested in it anyway)

i did however LOSE the AC heater function because they were having trouble fitting the heater lines with the engine so far back in the bay. didnt want it holding back production so i scrapped it and will deal with that another time.

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: January 27th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby seecarr11 » November 6th, 2012, 11:41 pm

so your swap is still in progress. also i take it you are not swaping into a GXE10 Euro spec IS200 which is probably why you dont have cruise control.
Well when your swap is done let us know what u manage to keep and what u didn't.

So far everbody i know that got their oem temp gauge working and other things had to keep the oem ecu. it would be great if you can prove me wrong.

The temp sensor for the ac panel is on the crash bar i think. If you ac is actually showing a temp and not "E" you are in the right direction already. i'll love to see your swap and your mech when you're done
btw you're doing a 1jz or a 2jz swap? i may have missed that post

User avatar
redsupra101
2NRholic
Posts: 1570
Joined: February 27th, 2004, 2:26 am
Location: \
Contact:

Re: The Ultimate 1jz/2jz thread. all jz questions answered.

Postby redsupra101 » November 7th, 2012, 11:18 am

seecarr11 wrote:so your swap is still in progress. also i take it you are not swaping into a GXE10 Euro spec IS200 which is probably why you dont have cruise control.
Well when your swap is done let us know what u manage to keep and what u didn't.

So far everbody i know that got their oem temp gauge working and other things had to keep the oem ecu. it would be great if you can prove me wrong.

The temp sensor for the ac panel is on the crash bar i think. If you ac is actually showing a temp and not "E" you are in the right direction already. i'll love to see your swap and your mech when you're done
btw you're doing a 1jz or a 2jz swap? i may have missed that post



2jz vvti aristo swap with e-shift is replacing my 3s-ge 6 speed. kept the altezza z-edition torsen lsd as well

and yes, my conversion just started and even though the car is out of the shop and being driven everyday now, its just because i am waiting to get the money/parts to complete whats missing, and enough is working for it to not cause a problem.

the few cars i heard of that got the water temp working are non-vvti, or without the "multiplex system", and yes they used both ECUs to do this. you know anyone with 2jz vvti that got the water temp working? because that would be really good.

at the end of november it will go back in the shop for a few days to sort out some of the pending items, i can post an update after that. due to the cost of certain things i probably will not truly "finish" until year's end, because i am only working on the car during a few weekends a month as i cant afford the downtime due to work etc. if i had a second car, things may be done already!

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests