TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Toyota Corolla Axio CVT

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Toyota Corolla Axio CVT

Postby volcanosnowstorm » July 12th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Hi guys, considering buying a RORO Axio, but I'm worried the fact that it has a CVT will mean more maintenance issues or problems. I've heard that CVTs tend to give trouble, any truth to that? Or anyone have one of these with a lot of mileage or that can share their experiences with the car at all?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Toyota Corolla Axio CVT

Postby Team Loco » July 12th, 2013, 9:18 pm

I have the fielder wagon with the same tranny and i have had no issues. When i got the car the first thing i did was have the tranny flushed and new fluid added. Its a beautiful tranny with the eco drive feature. You save alot of gas and the tranny makes your work as a driver less since the tranny virtually pushes the car more then you give gas. Bottom line its a good buy

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » July 12th, 2013, 11:20 pm

Team Loco wrote:I have the fielder wagon with the same tranny and i have had no issues. When i got the car the first thing i did was have the tranny flushed and new fluid added. Its a beautiful tranny with the eco drive feature. You save alot of gas and the tranny makes your work as a driver less since the tranny virtually pushes the car more then you give gas. Bottom line its a good buy

Thanks for the input, sounds encouraging. What year btw?

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » July 14th, 2013, 4:11 pm

Asked the same question on a Toyota facebook group - see below.

Response: well from wat I've heard, this & d corolla Fielder wagon hav CVT & its sealed ie no drain bolt like the NZE, it doesn't giv trouble but @ some point d fluid will break down esp faster in our hot climate & would jus need 2 change. my suggestion is find out if d dealership or any other gud garage has d machine to pump it out if u r in trinidad I can suggest 1 or 2 places that can, & use a synthetic like Amsoil T IV to replace it

Me: Thanks for the info man, didn't know that it didn't have a drain bolt, kinda strange. All in all not discouraging. I think when I get it I'll do that as a first. What places you know that do that? (in case my usual mechanic can't - don't know)

Response: Chaguanas auto supplies or check silverstar auto mucurapo rd

Response: very informative post, I'm keeping my NZE lol

Response: very informative post, I'm keeping my NZE lol. http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i-y-projects/168298-transmission-oil-change-toyota-vitz-belta-passo-toyota-k410-transmission

Transmission oil change of Toyota Vitz/ Belta/ Passo/ (TOYOTA K410 Transmission) - 168298
http://www.pakwheels.com
PakWheels is Pakistan's largest discussion forum for cars: Ask, Answer and discuss about anything and everything on wheels.

Me: There must be an easier way... I see one guy says that he removed the entire tube?
about an hour ago · Like

Me: http://www.microimageonline.com/forums/content.php/161-Yaris-Vitz-IQ-CVT-Fluid-Change

Micro Image - Yaris/Vitz/IQ CVT Fluid Change
http://www.microimageonline.com
Yaris/Vitz/IQ CVT Fluid Change

Me: Looks like the tube serves as a fill-line of sorts

Response: hmmm, a year after I got my nze foreign used I changed d tranny fluid myself , dropped d bolt from d pan 4 qts came out -which iz half & jus refilled tru d dipstick with d same amt using toyota T IV -ATF & it continues 2 work well..

Can anyone confirm anything to this effect?

TeamLoco, how did you flush/replace your fluid?

WSB
Riding on 13's

Postby WSB » February 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm

flipswitch5point wrote:Hi guys, considering buying a RORO Axio, but I'm worried the fact that it has a CVT will mean more maintenance issues or problems. I've heard that CVTs tend to give trouble, any truth to that? Or anyone have one of these with a lot of mileage or that can share their experiences with the car at all?
I need some advice, any help on which transmission does the 2014 Toyota Hybrid feilder WXB wagon carry an what traini fluid to replace it WITH??

WSB
Riding on 13's

Postby WSB » February 4th, 2019, 2:09 pm

flipswitch5point wrote:Hi guys, considering buying a RORO Axio, but I'm worried the fact that it has a CVT will mean more maintenance issues or problems. I've heard that CVTs tend to give trouble, any truth to that? Or anyone have one of these with a lot of mileage or that can share their experiences with the car at all?
I need some advice, any help on which transmission does the 2014 Toyota Hybrid feilder WXB wagon carry an what traini fluid to replace it WITH??

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » February 25th, 2019, 2:06 pm

it is the P510 model of CVT and Uses the toyota ws fuild ONLY

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”